Bring Back the Roleplay.

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Bring Back the Roleplay.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

I'm fine with Legendary hybrids, honestly (Be it a full Legend hybrid, or a hybrid of a Legend and a non-Legend.). As Azu and Alex said, if it's played well, I don't think it matters TOO much. It really just depends on if someone can play it well.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Depending on which idea we go with, the Pokemon are going to be affected in at least some way by the Legends. Essentially, when the pokemon are chosen by the Legend, they become more powerful, and often have their features altered. (I had an espeon character who was chosen by Ho-Oh, the inspiration for all this nonsense. She gained some feathers and whatnot and she had some powerful fire moves as well, for example.)

I feel like the big problem with the Five Trainer concept is the number of RPers we have. (I think we're at six to seven, and who knows if more people will want to join.) Sort of why I think the idea of Arceus disappearing would work better. It's a bit more accommodating for more people, as well as being accepting of human characters or pokemon characters, with both having fairly equal focus. Additionally, it lets people be a bit creative with their designs, so folks can have fun with their Chosen.

And yeah, the Legends could totally grant people ability to talk with pokemon, if you're a human. I mean, these Champions are stronger than mortal pokemon, but far weaker than any Legendary, of course.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Azunara wrote:Depending on which idea we go with, the Pokemon are going to be affected in at least some way by the Legends. Essentially, when the pokemon are chosen by the Legend, they become more powerful, and often have their features altered. (I had an espeon character who was chosen by Ho-Oh, the inspiration for all this nonsense. She gained some feathers and whatnot and she had some powerful fire moves as well, for example.)

I feel like the big problem with the Five Trainer concept is the number of RPers we have. (I think we're at six to seven, and who knows if more people will want to join.) Sort of why I think the idea of Arceus disappearing would work better. It's a bit more accommodating for more people, as well as being accepting of human characters or pokemon characters, with both having fairly equal focus. Additionally, it lets people be a bit creative with their designs, so folks can have fun with their Chosen.

And yeah, the Legends could totally grant people ability to talk with pokemon, if you're a human. I mean, these Champions are stronger than mortal pokemon, but far weaker than any Legendary, of course.
Then should we stick to the just the Pokemon and no trainers? Make it easier on each other and also gives everyone a chance to have an important character?

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

For my idea, people are totally allowed to use human characters if they want. I figure they'd be pure hearted humans, and Legends are going to need some humans to do various work for them, right? Hell, they could also probably even have adopted attributes of their Legend. Maybe different colored eyes? Perhaps a bit of their abilities, if need be? (IE someone blessed by Articuno could have red eyes and ice powers)
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Alright, well how shall we go about the the Legends? Should only certain or possibly ones assigned Legends bless them? Are they allowed to bless more then one? I think I have a character for that, though the other three also have alternative appearances.

{Flight Rising}

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I think being blessed by two would be the max, but you can't be blessed by opposites (i.e: get a fire blessing and an ice blessing; water blessing and fire, so on).

/tosses in my two cent opinion

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Uh, I say any and all. If you have a Legend you want to use, feel free. For example, I decided to go with Reshiram for mine. I feel like repeats should be avoided as best as possible, if you really, really want to use a Legend, and someone else is already using it, go ahead. Legends can have multiple Champions.

Legends themselves will likely remain to be NPC chars, and won't be cropping as much, though they hypothetically could.

That said, one person I feel should only be blessed by one Legend. Two Legends at once seems OP and overkill.

IE: Player 1 and Player 2 can both have chars blessed by Latios, but Player 1 can not be blessed by Latios and Moltres.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Sounds like fun, if I were to have a blessing, Rayquaza would definitely be my patron Legendary. He fits my character style the best. I always consider him to be Aloft, neural, a mediator. (he lives in the ozone layer, his air lock ability neutralizes weather effects, and he only comes down to stop the fighting)
If we are doing a pokemon RP, then you can bet Loupell and Mimico will be making an appearance :) And like the last RP they showed up in, you can bet that they will be trying to learn all sides of whatever is happening.

I don't mind hybrids, or legendary hybrids so long as they are RP'd well. I think if some people want to RP human characters that's fine to.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

I already have this idea of a Heatran blessed Zubat traveling around with a Smergle
In the Zubats design it has Heatrans hat thing over its face and its Smergle friend would often paint smileys on it.
So far that's all I have, I may have a third antagonist character later on
Im rather excited for this to happen
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Gods, all this talk of Pokemon RP is really making me ansy for it. xD

Then again, it could just be because it's 12am on a weekend so I really have nothing to do, BUT STILL

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeeeeah I may have already designed my umbreon blessed by Reshiram...And I'm thinking a vulpix/gabite hybrid blessed by Entei or something I dunno.

As for antagonist, I figure Giratina would probably be culprit, so once he has Giratina, he'll be gathering all his minions and anyone else who has issues with Arceus. (So it's not necessarily Giratina, but any Champion could be fighting to keep Arceus hidden.) Giratina's goal would probably be to overtake the upper realms, and now that Arceus is gone, he has a chance.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Uh right by the way guys I'm following this and I want to join it when it's started.

I'll start whipping up a character now. I know this idea has a lot of potential, as I've sort of started this RP before with Azu. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Senna-Umbreon

Yaaay, Lupis! I was wondering if you'd decide to join in on this. XD
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Uh right by the way guys I'm following this and I want to join it when it's started.

I'll start whipping up a character now. I know this idea has a lot of potential, as I've sort of started this RP before with Azu. xD
I still love Fennec and Naga, even though I probably won't bring back Fennec. <3
Senna-Umbreon

Aakfjhlskdll I am so excited for this RP. XD

Thinking of characters is just beyond fun for this, too. I've been having an utter blast. So far the three I've come up with are an Espeon blessed by Dialga, a Lopunny blessed by Jirachi, aaand a Ninetales/Gengar hybrid for a token non-blessed character. XD I don't think I've had this much fun designing new characters in a long long time!
Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Im not going to lie but same here, I have a VERY good felling about this rp
Is anyone willing to roleplay Giratina by the way? If he ends up as our main antagonist
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm almost tempted to use my Umbreon/Mightyena Hybrid for this... And maybe Cresselia or Darkrai for that patron. Would that work? owo I think I'll do a Raichu with... Terrakion blessing. ;3 I'll think possibly of a Ninetales or Persian with Articuno. I'll only use one Hybrid for this to be fair.

{Flight Rising}

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I think thats alright! heck I know Azu has plans for using a hybrid with a blessing
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yeah, I'm toying with the idea of a growlithe/gabite hybrid. Still toying with the idea of them being blessed and with what Legend, to be fair. I'm thinking either Moltres or Ho-Oh, probably the latter. Anyways, if folks are alright, I'll probably get up a sign in up shortly.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Ugh ideas I have none
I will think of something when homework is done. Maybe a Bayleef or Liligent.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!