Bring Back the Roleplay.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Bring Back the Roleplay.

Unread post by Aleu »

I remember once upon a time on this forum... People did a lot of RPing. Now I know real-life and other things may have hit, but looking back on the threads people had , I see you guys had a lot of fun. I was only involved in one Pokemon themed RP, but I believe I withdrew shortly after it began. (I -think- it had to do with the fact I could not keep up with it.) It's been a while since I've seen an active RP topic here, but would people be interested in going into another RP? I've started to try and pick back up on forum (And maybe messenger) RPs since I left WoW, but one thing I loved was getting a tight group of people and going into a long-term RP.

So my question would simply be... Is anyone interested or do people simply have no more interest?

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Re: Bring Back the Roleplay.

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

I noticed that the RP here is dead. If people did RP, I would love to join in and RP again. Maybe they need a nudge back into the RP style or something.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I've tried to do forum RP's but, some people just take off like a rocket and I really cant keep up with whats going on...it would be nice to find something nice and casual. I really don't like coming onto an RP and having to read 5-10 pages of stuff and then figure out how to insert what my character was doing in that time...that's not fun.

But if there is something more casual, I'd love to join that.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Makoes wrote:I've tried to do forum RP's but, some people just take off like a rocket and I really cant keep up with whats going on...it would be nice to find something nice and casual. I really don't like coming onto an RP and having to read 5-10 pages of stuff and then figure out how to insert what my character was doing in that time...that's not fun.

Pretty much this. But like, a para at a time not a whole freakin' novel.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Eternallylostx wrote:
Makoes wrote:I've tried to do forum RP's but, some people just take off like a rocket and I really cant keep up with whats going on...it would be nice to find something nice and casual. I really don't like coming onto an RP and having to read 5-10 pages of stuff and then figure out how to insert what my character was doing in that time...that's not fun.

Pretty much this. But like, a para at a time not a whole freakin' novel.
Well when I usually do forum RPs, there is a posting order that usually is done if there are multiple people. The only problem with that is that if someone doesn't reply for a while (For whatever reasons they have), it tends to hold up the RP. There are ups and downs to everything though. XD I'm not strict on posting, but I usually ask for at least -ONE- paragraph. If someone hits writers block, we get together and talk about how we can solve it.

{Flight Rising}

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Well when I usually do forum RPs, there is a posting order that usually is done if there are multiple people. The only problem with that is that if someone doesn't reply for a while (For whatever reasons they have), it tends to hold up the RP. There are ups and downs to everything though. XD I'm not strict on posting, but I usually ask for at least -ONE- paragraph. If someone hits writers block, we get together and talk about how we can solve it.
Yeah, that makes sense. I guess patience is a virtue with these things.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I know several people got banned or left, and others ended up getting disinterested. I know personally I'd be cool with RPs, though ironically I am not a huge fan of the casual pace. Go figure. (I personally didn't mind coming back to activity after school or sleep or stuff.)

It's all up to folks on what exactly they want to RP. Anyone is welcome to suggest ideas and whatnot.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

I think the pace really has to do with the interest in an RP. If it doesn't make much progress then people loose interest. As far as what we can RP, that all depends on peoples interests in the subject. I know I've wanted to do a original fantasy themed RP (Set in a world similar to Azeroth or Tyria) for a while now. Pokemon seems to be a popular topic here too.

{Flight Rising}

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Aleu wrote:I think the pace really has to do with the interest in an RP. If it doesn't make much progress then people loose interest. As far as what we can RP, that all depends on peoples interests in the subject. I know I've wanted to do a original fantasy themed RP (Set in a world similar to Azeroth or Tyria) for a while now. Pokemon seems to be a popular topic here too.
There's always cross overs.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

The crossover RPs I've done always sort of died. XD They rarely seem to work too well.

Pokemon could be cool, that'd be a matter of plot. WoW could work. I know several people are interested in GW (That's Tyria, right?) so a GW RP could fly (I personally likely wouldn't have a hand in that). Other topics like Marvel could be nifty. I don't know if anyone's read the Temeraire novels, but that's always a fun concept to play with (In its basic form, think Napoleonic Wars with dragons.)

There's plenty of ideas. OC things could be fun as well. I have a few rough plots or world I could propose. Brainstorming is a good thing.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Azunara wrote:The crossover RPs I've done always sort of died. XD They rarely seem to work too well.

Pokemon could be cool, that'd be a matter of plot. WoW could work. I know several people are interested in GW (That's Tyria, right?) so a GW RP could fly (I personally likely wouldn't have a hand in that). Other topics like Marvel could be nifty. I don't know if anyone's read the Temeraire novels, but that's always a fun concept to play with (In its basic form, think Napoleonic Wars with dragons.)

There's plenty of ideas. OC things could be fun as well. I have a few rough plots or world I could propose. Brainstorming is a good thing.
That's true. WoW and stuff like Pokemon wouldn't work. But GW2 and Wow would work as a good crossover. Also like Pokemon and digimon or something.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Never really fond of crossovers. I've been trying to figure out a original fantasy, mostly because I miss RPing my old hunter so I made an AU version of her to fit in a fantasy RP. (Trust me, I can totally come up with an entire world and such quickly. =D ) I do have... erm some possible plots for this. The only thing is this takes a good amount of planning to do.

GW2... That's an idea, but I actually prefer to reserve that type of RP ingame for me and once guesting starts up on the game, RPing together there would be very nice.

For Pokemon... Hmmm. Haven't done Pokemon in a while. Don't have many ideas for this, although I do have characters.

The problem with WoW RP with me is that I quite a while ago. So I haven't been keeping up with events and I don't really have an interest in that atm.

{Flight Rising}

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

All the types of rp's you have to choose from DO have flaws you can say that :P

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I've several Pokemon characters to work with, same with WoW. I am only a noob at GW2, though I do have a Charr at lv...12? Digimon would be fun, haven't tried that yet. I also have a few OC's to work with for Fantasy style.

I prefer paragraph style RP, and hate the single line posts...got to give people something to work with!

(other area's of interest are FF7, Fossil fighters, Redwall books, Tortall books, a number of Anime's)

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rubywashere
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Rubywashere »

I honestly wouldn't mind joining one here again as well
Im currently pumped for either a pokemon or marvel rp really
I have both marvel and pokemon characters ready to use at anytime, WoW to I guess.
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Well, I for one would only be up for a Pokemon RP, since that's.. Really all I do. XD

The only issue would be is that I'm a little, uh.. Rusty at forum-style RP, and I've had this track record of losing interest in any that we've tried ever since Rise of the Shadows ended. Though I'm pretty sure that could be said for almost anyone involved in those attempts.. We could just never get an RP working. While I don't think it's impossible to do another one.. I'm just not going to hold my breath over it. XD Personally, I'd love to have another Pokemon RP, though. I do miss it.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yeah, I have people lined up for Pokemon and some animes.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Eh, was trying to avoid fandom RP, but I guess a lot of people want a Pokemon RP. Most of my characters sadly are no longer lined up in a fandom and are part of original RPs, but I guess I can try to find some. (I think it's because I really wanted to RP my AU version of my Hunter which is driving me to find a original RP. XP) I'm also in the same boat as Makoes with the peeve with one-liners. Other then that, I don't have any other terms.

Anyways, I do believe that I have two plots for a Pokemon RP. I could put a poll up?

{Flight Rising}

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Nothing wrong with fandom RPs, honestly. Especially Pokemon, since it allows for a LOT of plot ideas. Things like WoW (Only using as an example.) tend to limit plot ideas, at least from my perspective. XD Maybe I'm just biased towards Pokemon RPs, though, since that's all I've ever done. <3

Poll or not, I'd love to see those plot ideas, Aleu~ c:
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Well, the first one is a partial crossover. Has anyone ever read the Golden Compass or the series it's a apart of? The main theme is that everyone in that series is born beside an animal they're connected with that sticks with me for the rest of their lives. What if you put Pokemon in the place of the animals? That everyone is born beside a partner Pokemon that they're strongly connected with and the Pokemon "evolves" with them. Could get some plot ideas from there.

Second one revolves around five Pokemon trainers, all born in different regions. They're strangely connected as they were all born on the 5th day of the months. (Different months) One from Kanto, one from Johto, one from Hoenn, one from Sinnoh and one from Unova. All 5th of them have conquored their respective regions leagues, but something else is calling them. I don't have anything past this quite yet, but you could pull someone from that. Just an fyi, their teams would be the players decisions, but can only be made up of Pokemon from their regions main Pokedex. The only exception would be the Eeveelutions since we can just slap a Moss and Ice rock in there. >.>

I have a preference to the second plot since that I think that may have the best potential. I'm alright with fandom RPs, but I'm dying to do an original one. (And if anyone wants to still do that, please PM me!) Until then, I'm fine with Pokemon.

{Flight Rising}