Yvelta: New Life Ahead

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Yvelta: New Life Ahead

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

((Yeah... I totally should have estimated my laziness in attempting another one of those every 10 level pet journal things, especially since they were being written quest by quest. It's too time consuming and takes a lot away from actually being able to play and enjoy the game, especially when you have trouble sitting and concentrating for decent lengths of time. So Rinessa's journal is being revamped into a new, much more relaxed journal for my new undead hunter, Yvelta (I may have totally stolen her name from one of the new Pokemon legendaries. >_>).))

I can... vaguely remember dying. I lived and worked on a farm... I had a husband and children... A plague--this horrible, awful disease--swept through the lands, killing everything in its path; neither human, nor livestock survived. I watched my family die first, doing my best to comfort my children before I too succumbed to the terrible sickness.

Suddenly, here I am, finding myself "awake" after knowing that I died. In front of me is what looks sort of like an angel. What is going on here? As I blinked and started trying to come to and figure out where I was at and what was happening, the angel creature greeted me and welcomed me back to the realm of the living. I stared at her in dazed confusion as she continued to explain that now that I am brought back to life I have a choice in what I would like to do with my new "freedom." I could simply run off and do as I pleased or I could choose to follow Lady Sylvanas; whomever((whoever?)) that may be. Well, I certainly had no idea where I was and I was still trying to figure out just what the hell was going on so I figured a little order and structure may as well be a good thing and I followed the angel creature's instructions to visit the man located behind her.

I took a few shaky steps in that general direction, growing ever more appalled at the large amount of undead surrounding myself, including the man I was bade to speak with. Pausing in my walk, I thought to try and get an idea of just what I might be in for... I lifted my hands in front of my face, studying, at first with horror, the pale, flaky remains of flesh, the shocks of yellowed bone. I quickly scanned the rest of myself, taking several (unneeded) deep breaths as I tried to "get used to" the fact that I was now a zombie. My hair was no longer lustrous and full bodied; it lay flat, stringy, and limp, fluids that had leaked out of my head causing it to stick to the flesh still attached to my skull. My mail armor had rusted and from what little bit I could still feel, some of it was actually fused with my flesh. Fantastic...

I spent the rest of my walk over to the other undead fellow mentally adjusting myself to the fact that I was now one of the living dead. As I was walking I heard a chittering sound come from behind me. Pausing again, I turned around and gaped at a rather large black widow that appeared to be looking up at me expectantly, waving its tiny little pedipalps in the air at me. What the hell was this thing doing here following me?

Maybe this other undead fellow could explain a little more to me. I approached Mordo a little hesitantly. As he greeted me, I gave him a brief hello before asking about the strange spider. Apparently this thing was supposed to be my pet; they assigned them to reanimated rangers/hunters to help them get back on their feet and get used to things. Oh... Yuck.

Moving on then. Mordo assigned me to some small tasks at hand, fetching embalming fluid and twine to patch up some of the more beat up risen bodies, sending another, more experienced undead fellow with me to show me the way. I let Darnell blather on and lead the way around while I still mentally caught up with myself. After that I was sent to yet another undead fellow who calmed my nerves a little bit by talking to me about being raised from the grave and how I'm coping with it better than most do. He wanted me to talk with a few of the other recently risen folks and try to calm them down and share my experience with them.

Well, that was an interesting experience. The first guy, much like me, went to talk to Mordo to join the Forsaken while the girl refused to believe that she had died and been risen, and the last guy got all crazy and took off to go start his own branch of Forsaken or something. I don't even know at this point. And gods this stupid spider! It's so creepy following me around and just staring at me. Ugh. I need to go... lie down or something and clear my head.

((To be continued.))
Last edited by TygerDarkstorm on Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Rinessa's Travels

Some time after I was sitting in one of the local buildings to clear my head, I apparently lost consciousness. While "asleep" I had a dream about my life back on the farm. At first I was doing my usual daily chores, and then, as a breeze blew through the fields of wheat and hay, I found myself grabbing my gun and patrolling around the property--I had had some brief training as a ranger before I decided that military life just wasn't for me. My patrolling turned into endless circles, like I was hunting for something that wasn't there, until the crops around me turned sickly green, and then blackish-brown. The wind kicked up harder, blowing around dirt and debris. And, from amongst the dead crops, a figure rose, a figure that smelt of death and decay. I screamed, shouldering my shotgun and firing a few rounds at the creature, only for the bullets to shoot right through it. Suddenly it was upon me, choking the very life out of me until I startled awake, gasping for air.

I blinked and stared about in confusion at my surroundings, slowly realizing that I had just experienced a nightmare. I looked down at myself, grimacing a little at what I had become--my new reality. A quick glance over the side of the bed revealed my creepy new spider "pal" staring up at me. In the back of my mind I could feel like it was checking on me and making sure I was all right. I waved a bony hand in his direction (I don't even know how you tell the gender of a spider, it just gave me very masculine vibes), the other hand resting on my forehead, elbow resting on my knee. "I'm fine." Proving it, I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, placing my hands on either side of myself, and hoisted myself into a standing position. "See?"

Nodding his approval, he skittered over to the door of the building, waving his forelegs and pedipalps about. Grunting, I grabbed my issued crossbow and followed the thing. Well, now that I know he's a male and that he seems to be attached to me, I suppose he deserves a name. After a moment of thinking, I came up with Radgas ((rad-giss)). I opened the door for Radgas to go out, nodding my thanks at the Forsaken who had let me stay here, before stepping outside myself. Looking down at Radgas, and then again at my surroundings, I took a few moments to really think hard about my situation. I could be like Lilian Voss and never accept what I have become... or, I could suck it up, accept the fact that I have a new opportunity at life now, and join the Forsaken and Sylvanas. It was time to stop wallowing in self pity.

My mind made up, I returned to the undead fellows from yesterday and told them I'm ready to serve. They smiled, welcomed me to the cause, and then summoned Darnell to come show me into Deathnell proper. I followed Darnell into the small outpost, listening intently as he told me about the area we were in and that we were to meet up with a few of the locals who would help me continue my adjustment into the unlife. Sure enough, a couple of the locals had some small tasks to do that would help their cause and help me get on my feet.

I was grateful for the task to kill a few of the Scourge forces that hadn't quite died out all the way yet. I was still trying to adjust to this new form of my body and crossbows were a weapon I'm slightly unfamiliar with. And apparently Radgas does more than just stand there and look creepy; as I started shooting at the Scourge minions, he darted at them, lashing out with his little legs and fangs. Hm, if this keeps up I may grow to like having a pet. Now I know why some of our neighbors liked to keep dogs and wolves on them--I can't believe I never understood that until now.

While I fired off arrows into the bodies of lesser zombies, Darnell was off gathering the fallen corpses of the Scarlet Crusaders that the Forsaken had managed to beat out of this area. I guess they wanted to turn the bodies into new undead in the hopes they'd be potential followers for Lady Sylvanas. Once upon a time I might have been appalled by such an act, but now I'm just coming to accept it as a part of my new unlife. So long as it wouldn't bring harm to me, I found myself uncaring.

Radgas chittered at Darnell and his pile of bodies a bit before skittering off back towards Deathnell proper. Sighing, I followed the energetic spider, making my reports to the appropriate folks. Looking about, I decided to chat with them a little bit. Just basic stuff pretty much, how things were going out here, how they were faring, who Lady Sylvanas was, exactly, and what the ratio was of undead that turned out like me or ended up like Lilian, or even worse, ended up mindless, similar to the Scourge. They patiently explained everything I wanted to know and then suggested that I go meet Xavier the Huntsman to further my retraining as a ranger. I nodded, grateful for the advice. Goodness knows I could still use help adjusting to this "new" body. I walked back outside, noting that Xavier was easy to find with the rather large, gross looking bear next to him.

Talking to Xavier definitely helped me a lot. I went over with him what little I knew and he corrected my stance and posture. He even taught me a few things, namely how to properly hold my crossbow to fire it in various situations, including a maneuver where I took a wider stance and leveled the crossbow for a few seconds, holding it as still as possible before firing off the bolt. Thanking my fellow hunter, I trekked over to the target dummies that were nearby, practicing this new move.

Once I felt confident firing the crossbow this way, I decided to move on and complete the other tasks in this area that were asked of me. Namely the one that involved trying to talk to Lilian Voss again. I felt bad for the poor girl; refusing to acknowledge her current existence and calling us all monsters and saying we should die. I shook my head a bit before entering the run down inn she was hiding in, opting to take a quick moment to look in the mirror given to my myself, curious to see what horrors had happened to my face. Well, I suppose it wasn't any worse than the rest of me. My eyeballs were replaced with two, glowing yellow orbs, the reanimation magic allowing me to see through them as if I were still alive. The flesh of my face was still mostly intact, marred only by a few pock marks. Certainly nothing I couldn't live with.

Getting over myself, I approached Lilian, slowly, and announcing my presence as I did so. Poor girl was so frightened of everything around her that she was hiding in a corner with her arms over her head. I placed one of my hands on her back, encouraging her to turn around and take a look in my mirror. She resisted at first, calling me a monster and herself hideous. Taking a deep breath, I reassured her that she wasn't hideous and that she looked fine, forcefully placing the mirror in front of her face. ...Seeing her reflection only caused the girl to run off, yet again, yelling something about how she just couldn't be undead or some such nonsense. As if she's the only person in the world who didn't have plans to live this way...

Grumbling to myself, Radgas led the way back out of the building, chittering about gods know what. Honestly, I think the little thing was trying to make me feel happy again. Fingering the pouch hanging from my belt, I opted to go spend a silver or two at one of the local vendors, buying myself a couple of apples. I'm sure I didn't actually need any nourishment from the fruit, but it was nice to go sit down with my back up against a tree and at least pretend like I could still taste and eat.

((To be continued.))
Last edited by TygerDarkstorm on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Darn you, Tyger, now I really want to make one of these again! x.x
Rinessa sounds interesting, I look forward to seeing her grow.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

xD Thanks Lupis. I'm hoping this will be fun to do again, albeit at a much more relaxed pace.

[/center]
Raytor
Realm: Blade's Edge

Unread post by Raytor »

Great story i'm for sure going to keep reading this.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Yvelta: New Life Ahead

Right, so I changed this because I'm a lazy git. First post contains the info plus the new entry. There'll be nothing special to this one, no challenges or anything, just the story of Yvelta as she levels up and gains new friends. :) It'll probably be a little rough until I get in the swing of things.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Updated the second post with a new entry.

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm really enjoying Yvelta's personality, she's very practical!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Thanks Lupis! :D I'm enjoying her a lot too. It'll be interesting to see what kinds of pets she bonds with. :3

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I must have taken too long to sit in quiet contemplation after I finished apples because suddenly there was a loop of webbing wrapped around my wrist and I was being tugged to my feet by Radgas. I stared at the spider for a moment before sighing and resigning myself to follow him. As we approached the road, an undead fellow standing near it waved at me, as if he wanted me to approach him. Almost as if it were instinct, I mentally instructed Radgas to skitter his little legs over to the gentleman. The spider complied, chittering happily as he the other man. I followed behind, waving my hand in greeting as I made it up to the fellow. "Hello there!" he greeted, looking over Radgas and I and giving us a bit of a strange glance.

Nodding in Radgas' general direction I commented, "Hi; I'm just taking my spider for a walk. Can I help you?"

He mumbled something under his breath about what weird folk hunters are before answering, "Look miss, the local mine is flooded with spiders and we need someone to help clear it out. Even us Forsaken need resources to help keep things running smoothly."

Giving the other undead as dirty of a look as I could muster, I promptly swiveled around and headed in the direction he pointed. "I swear this new life is determined to make me face one of the few things I absolutely hated," I grumbled to myself. Radgas' reply was to send feelings of cheerfulness through our... bond?, is that what other hunters called it? I'll give him this much, I never would have thought a creature like a spider could be so damn happy all the time.

Radgas led the way to the mine and I could feel what skin I had left on my body starting to crawl--this other guy wasn't kidding, there were spiders all over the place here!
Forcing myself to calm down, I began, methodically killing off the spiders that appeared to be imposing the most trouble to getting the mine up and running. I wasn't sure if Radgas would help or not seeing as they were members of his own species, but from what I could feel over the bond (I still feel weird saying that), he didn't seem none too bothered as he skittered around, helping me mow down spiders.

I almost started heading back to the guy who asked me to help clear out the mine when I saw a few of the spiders lying on their backs, legs dangling in the air. Grinning wickedly, I walked over to one of the spiders and broke a few of the legs off, holding back a slight grimace of disgust at the cracking and popping noises they made. Satisfied, I returned to the undead fellow who had requested the chore of me, shoving the legs in his arms and grunting at his bewildered gaze. I stared at him expectantly until he pointed off down the road further and mentioned that Darnell had requested my presence. I stomped off, not sure why I was feeling so moody. Radgas skittered along behind me, still attached to the little web leash he had made for himself.

I did at least feel a smile creep up my face as I approached Darnell, at least enjoying his presence. He greeted me as I approached and informed me of what was going on: apparently one of the three people I spoke with shortly after my own awakening (the one that said he'd start his own Forsaken) actually went through with his plan. This crazed fellow went on to start his own group of undead called the "Rotbrains" and was now trying attack the citizens of Deathnell, and any opposition to the Lady Sylvanas is to be crushed. Not that I'd consider myself totally loyal to a leader I have yet to meet or get to know, but turning around and stabbing the people who raised you in the back after they said you could have your freedom doesn't seem like the right thing to do. I'm sure if he wouldn't have attacked the Forsaken, they probably would have left him alone, too. So, I figure I better put this guy in his place. I rub your back, you rub mine, not I rub yours and you spit in my face.

After we put the Rotbrains back to rest, the deathguards and I returned to Deathnell and I was guided to Sarvis. He smiled at me through cracked lips and reassured me that being raised by the Val'kyr (that must be what those dark angels were) was stressful and that the process just didn't work out for some undead, and that the Rotbrains were some of these undead that it didn't work out for. He further reassured me that I would be leaving Deathnell soon to pursue other tasks for the Lady as well as get a better chance to get acquainted with my new unlife. I nodded and left the building, finding a nice patch of grass outside to lay down in, arms behind my head, to stare up at the sky and mull over the day's events.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

After I rested for a bit (Do I even need rest anymore?), I returned to Sarvis the next day, inquiring of where I was needed next. "Well, I promised you you would be leaving Deathnell soon," he replied with a smirk, shoving a scroll into my hands. "Please deliver this to Deathguard Simmer, further down the road in Tirisfal Glades."

I nodded in reply, thanking him before I left, wanting to get moving as quickly as possible onto the next part of my journey. Radgas and I followed the road out of Deathnell, him wrapping his little web leash around my wrist again and leading the way while I took a close look at our surroundings. Lands that had once belonged to humans, and farmers like myself, no longer looked the same. You could practically feel the near barrenness of the land; the only creatures still living here being as tough and harsh as their surroundings. Bats flew about, screeching in the hunt of prey. These blue, almost dog-like demonesque creatures ran about on the ground, viciously attacking anything that came near them.

We soon enough reached the outpost where I was to deliver the scroll in my hand, Radgas dragging me over to the fellow I was to give it to. Simmer and I greeted one another before I handed over the scroll. He glanced over it, a small smile curving what remained of his mouth. "Excellent," was all he murmured stashing the scroll away and returning his attention to me. He informed me of some nearby human farmers that he wanted to see dead lest Gilneas or Stormwind recruit them to fight against us. I very nearly protested before I remembered that I was no longer a member of the human race and that I served a new Queen now. Stifling my initial aversion, I saluted Simmers. Before I left the building, two other undead fellows requested tasks of me--one wished for me to steal pumpkins from the farmers and the other, an older gentleman growing lonely with age, wanting me to capture him a murloc for a companion.

Checking to make sure no one else needed me, I set off for the farms in the west, a small tinge of guilt settling in my stomach as Radgas and I arrived. I stopped and stared at the fields, starting to get lost in memory. My reverie was broken when I was suddenly being pelted with random objects and I heard yelling. Frowning, I turned around to see one of the farmers yelling at me and brandishing his pitchfork. Right, these humans wouldn't care if I had once been like them, all they saw was some gross Forsaken on their property, likely here to cause them trouble. Unfortunately for them, they were right. Mentally I commanded Radgas to go attack the man while I calmly loaded a bolt into my crossbow and took aim. Poor fellow never even knew what hit him.

These farmers certainly weren't afraid to fight the Forsaken threat which could indeed make them dangerous if they were recruited under an Allied front; much easier to kill them now while they were still fairly unknowledgeable. As I set foot into the fields proper, I killed any farmers who got in my way, grabbing as many pumpkins as I could.

Once I felt I had enough, I set off towards the shore where the murlocs were said to hang out, Radgas dutifully following behind. A murloc seemed like an odd thing to want for a companion, but I wasn't going to deny an old man what could be his last wish. So down amongst the murlocs I went, finding one on the outskirts and pegging him with an arrow. I let Radgas beat up on him for a bit before I called the spider off and threw a rope leash around the fish-like creature. It settled down, to weary to keep fighting against me and trudging along at my side begrudgingly.

Satisfied with a job well done, I returned to the manse, saluting Simmers as I made my reports. All three undead fellows seemed happy with my progress, equally pleased that I seemed to be adjusting to my new life as a member of the Forsaken rather well, compared to some. The elderly gentleman happy, I returned to Simmers and Johaan to see if they had any other requests of me. Smiling, Simmers commanded me to go prove myself to the Dark Lady by slaughtering the pesky Scarlet Crusaders that lived nearby the farms I had just come from. Johaan needed a few other, slightly more rare ingredients for the new batch of plague he was making. The mention of him crafting a plague sent chills down my spine at first, though I did my best to shake them off.

Once more Radgas and I headed down the road, this time passing the farms in favor of the tower that the Scarlet Crusade had claimed for themselves. As we started to cross into their territory, they attacked my spider and I, but they were no match for my crossbow and Radgas' bite.

The bodies piled up as we forced our way into the tower, finally reaching the top where, low and behold, Lilian Voss stood in a cage. Snorting, I approached her. She was none too happy to see me, even after I told her that I could rescue her from her prison.

Lilian proceeded to insult me and go on about how she didn't need rescuing to which I questioned why the Scarlet Crusaders hadn't killed her on sight like they tried doing with me. She again denied being undead and started going off on some rant about her father and how he was going to rescue her. Before she could get any further, she insisted I shut up, the lieutenant was coming.

Not as if the news he gave her was any better than the news I had been trying to give her all along. Her father was apparently some famous High Priest or something and he rejected this new abomination that dared tried to claim itself as his daughter and that Lilian was to be executed. Before I could do anything, a purple aura surrounded Lilian and she teleported through the bars to kill the lieutenant. As I stood there speechless, she ordered me away, wanting to be left alone or something.

Still in shock over what just happened, I decided to take the opportunity to gather the herbs Johaan needed, nearly jumping out of the remains of my skin as I gathered the briny sea cucumbers. Have you ever seen a spider swim? No? It is one of the creepiest things I have ever witnessed.

Needless to say, I did my best to stay in the water as little as possible, gathering the herbs needed at lightning speed before returning to the manse. Not quite ready to make my report, I opted to stay outside, lying down once more to look up at the stars and go over the day's events.

[/center]