Dawn of the Blessing OOC

Should we allow three typings for a pokemon? (IE Fire/Grass/Flying)

No. We've always had it at two, let's keep it. Besides, it might get OP.
76%
Yes. Change is good, it gives a wider variety. It won't be that bad.
24%

Total votes: 17

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: Dawn of the Blessing planning thinger

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Yeah, the spreadsheet is a bit confusing at times. XD The wiki will hopefully be easier to work out, but it's just gonna take forever to get done. (Or at least to a point where it's actually a useful reference for people. XD)

And yeah, I'd say go ahead and reserve a spot in the sign-in thread!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm terrified I'll break something if I try to use the spreadsheet. @_@ I do have a question in regards to the application. Even though it isn't listed as a field, could we add what attacks our characters know? Or is that posted somewhere else? Also, what is the limit of moves a character can know?

That turned out to be three questions, sorry about that! ^_^;
Senna-Umbreon

Oh, we don't actually have limits on what moves characters know. XD If the species can learn it (via level up, egg move, event, TM, tutor, yadda yadda yadda..) a character can use it!

(And sometimes, some Pokemon will know some unusual moves, especially if they're a Delta Species or something.)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up, Senna. The RPs I were in before had a set number of moves per Pokemon character, so it's something I'm used to, hence my asking. it'll take getting used to, but I'll get the gist of it. Would a Hybrid have access to the movepools of both parents?

I have a few questions in regards to Champions: Do they gain one of their patron Legendary's typings, like if the Champion themselves is originally mono-typed? And what moves from the patron Legendary's movepool would they gain access to? Also, is Yveltal involved with The Blessing or would he be against them?

I would've gone with a Reshiram-blessed Champion, but there seems to be enough of those already, so I had an idea for an Yveltal-blessed Champion instead, a Ninetales named Catharsis.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

From what I've seen, and done myself, they can gain a typing (my Grovyle/Reshiram is Grass/Fire) and I assume they have some access to the Legends move pool, like my Grovyle would have access to Reshiram's fire moves.

In the RP universe I think we assume there are multiples of most Legends (the one's that there are only one of being the God-like ones I would assume) so you can have a Yveltal on either side (I don't think anyone has a Yveltal so he'd be currently on neither) or maybe even both sides! Also, there can never be enough Reshiram-blessed Pokemon cuz…RESHIRAM IS THE BEST so if you want one, I don't think anyone would mind :)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

I'll try to answer, but my experiences might be slightly different than the rest of the group, so I may get corrected. >,>; (ok, I got ninja'd by Jurz, but I think my post still applies somewhat.)

Hybrids should have access to both parent's move pools, and all Pokemon have access to the TMs and egg moves too. (My personal excuse for this is that inheriting the move from a parent or learning the move off a TM is just simply easier, but they can still learn them with training. Just my headcanon excuse though.)

Champions -can- gain or exchange types, but do not have to. And they should gain acess to some of the move pool. For example, Foresight will be learning Roost, a move which Jolteon cannot learn, but he will not be learning sacred fire, since to me, it doesn't make much sense, nor does he need it. What they can and cannot have access to is pretty much up to you, just don't godmode with your choices.

As for the yveltal thing, which yveltal? There is more than one of each legend In this universe (not to say that they are COMMON, but they are not unique. heck I have.... Six Darkrai characters not including hybrids, whoops. NOT ALL OF THEM WILL BE IN THIS, I SWEAR.), so there very well may be a Yveltal aligned with the blessing.
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm gonna wait and see what some of the others say before I start polishing up Catharsis's info, but I appreciate your taking time to answer. :)
Jurz wrote:In the RP universe I think we assume there are multiples of most Legends (the one's that there are only one of being the God-like ones I would assume) so you can have a Yveltal on either side (I don't think anyone has a Yveltal so he'd be currently on neither) or maybe even both sides! Also, there can never be enough Reshiram-blessed Pokemon cuz…RESHIRAM IS THE BEST so if you want one, I don't think anyone would mind :)
Whoah there, I'm not interested in RPing as an Yveltal, I only asked about which side he could possibly be on to see if my Ninetales could be an Yveltal-blessed Champion. ^_^;; I really like Reshiram, but I really like Yveltal, too. But if I were to ever RP a Legendary as a character, I'd probably end up reserrecting Donia, my shiny Articuno who I had in an RP from years ago. I miss her, but she wouldn't fit in here, and I already have two characters planned for this RP (three would be stretching it for me). Possibly in a future RP.

@HoneyShuckle: I just don't want to end up accidentally stepping out of line and making a fool of myself, hence the Hybrid question, thanks for answering. I have Saoirse's info finished and posted on the DotB sign-in thread, i was just unsure about her moveset. :)

As I told Jurz, I have no interest in RPing an Yveltal character, so I apologize for wording my last question badly. The question was for my second character, my Ninetales, Catharsis. I'm wanting her to be an Yveltal-blessed Champion on the side of The Blessing, but I'm not sure if a Champion of Yveltal would be accepted or not since I've no clue if he'd be on their side or not. ^_^;;
Last edited by Falcon on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Oh, I didn't mean YOU rp Yveltal :lol: I just meant there's not one currently aligned with either side since I don't think anyone is RPing as him, but there could potentially be one on both sides so in the end it doesn't really matter which side you choose

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Jurz wrote:Oh, I didn't mean YOU rp Yveltal :lol: I just meant there's not one currently aligned with either side since I don't think anyone is RPing as him, but there could potentially be one on both sides so in the end it doesn't really matter which side you choose
Thanks for clearing that up, though. I've had next to no sleep, so I'm making errors.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

(fun fact: for a brief while I was considering making a Yvetal aligned with the Blessing)

ANYWAYS

Yeah I think it was pretty much headcanoned that most legendary species have multiples (it exists roughly in the canon--see the whole lugia thing) with like the only exception being Arceus, Giratina, Palkia and Dialga (although they get around that by having hybrid kids)

So pretty much whatever side you want your character to be on is absolutely okay, it won't step on anyone's toes. For all we know, the Reshiram Jurz' groyvle and Crowley serve are two different Legends, or they could be the same! So if you want your char to be Blessing or Ekleipsis, either or is alright. So you can pretty much hand wave it and be like "Yeah there's some Yvetal working for the Blessing I serve them" sort of deal

The hybrid question is looks like was answered, but yeah. You do get some moves from either parents. I'm sure you could get choosy if you wanted, but eh. For my hybrids I drew from both parents move pools. So.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

right double post but time to try and be official-y

SO.

I'm thinking at this point with the number of people and characters going on two threads in both regions might be a good idea with an eventual merge once we've sort of settled things/sort out characters/picked out which ones we're really gonna use and which ones are gonna end up dropped. My big concern is people being overwhelmed/stop posting, which has been a big issue in the last RPs. Hence why two threads might be a good idea. Biggest issue in my mind is keeping them both afloat and apace with each other sort of.

anyways, to start off both threads I do like the idea of the whole experiments/something breaks loose and the Blessing are doing damage control while everyone else in Ekleipsis is like maybe we should do something. from there I can only imagine it'd just be beginning investigation, poking around, etc, etc. and as the Blessing becomes more aware of them, they start sending people after Ekleipsis members. (although i think a few of them already are high interest targets). but I digress.

But what I'll need is help from you guys to keep the threads going and bouncing ideas. So. Final consensus--two threads, yay or nay.

Once that's figured out, I'm thinking we'll start sometime around this weekend.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Jurz »

Awesome :) I like it! Could I make one of my characters one of the escaped experiments or do you have other plans? cuz that'd be an interesting character, trying to cope with what has been done to him/her

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'll probably limit myself to one of the regions, because I'm famous for getting overwhelmed. That said, two threads might be a good idea, so yay.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

You can if you'd like! I pretty much was thinking it'd start off in both with experiments just going from out of nowhere and once they're free jurz you can pick one up

Alright Lupis I'll put Haro in Unova then
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I apologize for taking so long to reply, been catching up on a bit of sleep.

Awesome, thanks, Azu! All I need to do is finish Catharsis's physical description, and she should be good to go. She'll be working for The Blessing as a Ranger in Johto. I thought about her being an Assassin, but there's too many already. XD

As for having two threads, I also think it's a good idea, so yay. It would keep things more orderly till the two groups converge later on down the road.
Senna-Umbreon

I'm still all for two threads, myself! I'm gonna have one hell of a time juggling all of my characters between the two, but I am prepared for such a challenge! XD hopefully

(And Azu, I'm still up for the whole "overseeing the Unova thread so it keeps going" deal. :D)
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

I'm glad that the two threads idea seems to be good for everyone! (at least everyone who's spoken up.) feel good when my suggestions are helpful. (Can you tell Im on the side of two threads? Because well, I am. Oops. Is my bias showing?)
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

As interesting as this sounds, I think I'm going to pass on joining it. I am barely keeping up with the other RP I'm doing because I've been so busy in real life. Plus I haven't been able to make myself settle on any particular character and I don't want to be holding anything up. Good luck guys!

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Argh, sorry for not replying sooner, been a hectic couple of days. Things should be settling down now though *fingers crossed* Anyway, I'm still yay on the two threads idea. If you need an escapee volunteer to kick things off for the Unova side of things, I'd be happy to volunteer Allira. I'd offer up Ridley for Johto, but he's less likely to give out information than he is to just get bored and start attacking dudes.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Tonight

'Least that's what I'm thinking