Dawn of the Blessing OOC

Should we allow three typings for a pokemon? (IE Fire/Grass/Flying)

No. We've always had it at two, let's keep it. Besides, it might get OP.
76%
Yes. Change is good, it gives a wider variety. It won't be that bad.
24%

Total votes: 17

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Dawn of the Blessing planning thinger

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I don't really have any ideas of my own, I'm more here for the ride, but I just wanted to say that I love some of the ideas suggested by Moon and Azu. Some really solid concepts there.

One thing I'm confused by, maybe since I'm still new to Pokemon RPing, but are there humans involved? I feel like some of the terms Moon used would apply more to humans than Pokemon in terms of RPing them or something so I got a little confused since I thought you guys namely RP as the Pokemon and not humans. xD I may also just have poor reading skills.

One thing I'm a tad confused about as well; so the Blessing is intended to ultimately be kind of the bad guys right? But, they're like, putting on an outward good impression to build people's trust and doing good deeds.

Other than that I'm just not sure what to do for a character. I'm torn whether I'd want to do something "special" or just stick to something basic. And I'm not super familiar with what's going on so I'm not sure where to go character wise.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

(Popping in here momentarily because I got Internet while away! So I decided to see what's happening here!)

I reaaaally like the stuff Azu and Moon have come up with, honestly. Like Azu said, kind of like a Team Plasma as they should have been done. So that stuff gets my approval.

And yeah, Tyger, we.. Really just focus on the Pokemon themselves. XD We hardly ever have human characters in these, actually. And yes, the Blessing are the bad guys, but seem.. Good, I guess. Or at least that's what we're trying to make them like. (So they're more relatable than just.. Outright crazy extremists.) Just figured I'd clear all that up a bit~

(Anyway, I'll be home later today, so I'll be back for real then.)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I could see the Blessing having human puppets, similar to Insins in RotS, except their humans would have way less uh...freedom. so they don't become raging godbeasts that see the universe.

But they'd be NPCs predominantly, and much rather in the background. I think for a lot of the things they could be used by pokemon--and keep in mind, the blessing may not have legit people looking for a cure. they may just be going along the "we'll beat the Delta type out of you" approach. and they could have some background scientists/human/pokemon whatever doing work to cure the more radical cases--hybrids, dusk, etc.

yeah blessing is not good people. Ideally, they have humanitarian fronts and seem like nice happy people. I can even imagine they'd allow delta types, if they were well hidden and didn't know they were delta types (*CACKLES*) to help on the lower level platform stuff. you'd have things like "they were a delta type? they were so nice. maybe they aren't all bad." going on. But the higher up in rank you go, I feel, it gets more shady and hidden and underground and twisted and evil.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Any suggestions for characters to create? Like, is anything in particular needed or is it pretty much just create whatever you want?

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

I admit, I did have humans in mind when I was thinking of some of my suggestions for ranks, like the researchers and possibly one or two of the heads? But yeah, unless you want to RP one (which can be totally fun if done right) I suspect they're going to be relegated to background NPCs. I can certainly see people legitimately looking for "cures" for some of the mutations out there... But I can also agree that a lot of it is going to be "Well, this horrifying thing didn't work, just made this 'mon scream in agony. Maybe if I inject it with this horrifying thing?"

Uh, as for suggestions, more "good" Blessing guys would be appreciated at this point. We have plenty of evil dudes, which is not a bad thing at all, but now that we're thinking of making it maybe a little more ambiguous some misguided good characters mixed in would really be nice.
But, really it's whatever you want.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I should note that Acedron is not going to be evil- while she has a problem with bitterness/a Napoleon Complex, her motivation is to help the masses, not just to hunt. ^.^;; She's meant to be a pretty lighthearted, fun kind of character that just so happens to be working for a dark cause. She just doesn't view it as such.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

All these ideas are so amazing. The thing about "accepting well hidden deltas" makes me think of the scrapped idea to have Vanilla join them if only to find Sin'Dorai. Shame she'd be found out pretty fast.

As for 'less-evil' Blessing characters, Serotonin is kind of one of those characters. He's more of a paranoid brat than someone genuinely out to harm people. He's probably on the lower ranks.
Walpurgis~ Brought to you by the lovely Senna.
Moonlost

Apologies. I didn't mean to imply ALL other Blessing were evil bastards. Only that when I briefly scanned through the sign in sheet, I saw a lot marked with an evil alignment. Alas, that doesn't really give me a full idea of who that character is or what they're likely to do in the upcoming RP. It was a broad oversimplification.
Still, I somewhat stand by my suggestion. More Blessing is a good thing in my opinion.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Okay but in all seriousness

A for real plot would be nice. We've got motivation, we've got characters. But we still don't really have a catalyst to get people to care? like okay yeah some deltas/hybrids/etc are dying but in the grand scheme of things i don't think the chars would notice/care because that's not unusual. pokemon die a lot. especially feral ones.

So we need to have something grand scale plot arcish

or maybe i just like having a vague idea of what's happening
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Maybe the Blessing starts to go a little too far in their dealings with offing "those who are different" or whatever and maybe it's getting people to start to notice/question them in more of a bad light so now they're having to cover up with all the good they do? Like oops they done slipped up and shit they might actually be corrupt and wtf do you mean we don't like hybrids/deltas/whatever, we have some in our corporation right here see look at this nice delta Pokemon doing charity for those less fortunate. Shush now and be about your merry way... Or else.

I dunno if that made sense; I was at work for over 12 hours and need to go to sleep. xD

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Woo I killed the thread. xD

I actually wouldn't mind some help fleshing out my character concept (or critique or whatever). I'm thinking about going with a relatively freshly evolved dragonite that is working for the Blessing, probably on the lower tiers, because she really likes doing charity work and helping other Pokemon whenever she can. I figure she's probably totally unawares of any corruption the Blessing has. My big debate right now is whether to leave her as dragonite's normal typings or have her be a Delta type.

Any thoughts?

[/center]
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

Hm, good question. My own question is if she were indeed a delta species, which typing were you thinking of?
Walpurgis~ Brought to you by the lovely Senna.
Senna-Umbreon

I'm also curious what typing you'd make her if she were a Delta. C:

ALSO! Just fwi.. I hope to make avatars for everyone here? Like avatars you guys can use on here? They'd be of one of your Pokemon characters, really. I did something similar waaaaaaAAAAY back during Rise of the Shadows, and I thought it'd be fun to do it again! So...

Think on which character you'd like me to draw! And then tell me via PM or something or that sort. (I'm actually already working on a few of them, being ones for Azu and I. :D)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Tyger: You could definitely get away with a subtle delta in lower tiers (okay maybe don't quote me on that, but I know I'm gonna have a psychic delta fearow working in the lower tiers, sort of chilling and not getting into trouble and because it's psychic no one really knows? i mean he's blind so he uses to to see around him, not like he can do telepathy or anything so he gets by)

senna: I AM VERY EXCITE
Moonlost

Consider me also curious to see what her delta-type would be. Although, if you do decide to go with that, the question then becomes how she feels about that side of herself? Is she disgusted about being what others in the group label as an unstable monster? Does she think herself the exception to the rule? Does she secretly try to help out other deltas that aren't "evil"?

__

Right, plot thoughts. I'm sorta of the opinion that this should take place with The Blessing sitting comfortably in power. They are a trusted force in the urban areas of the world. Perhaps even a political power in some areas. The general consensus is that they do good work, and they are a significantly powerful force. Even if there are rumours around of them doing less than legal things, nobody wants to confront them about it out of fear. I like the idea of the Ecleipsis being in the minority, struggling against a vast force that has the trust of most normal people
So, with the comfort that comes from knowing how untouchable they are, perhaps the Blessing starts to amp up their operations. Knocking door to door to "apprehend" any mutations for study. Actively hunting down anyone duskblooded. Venturing into the wildlands to clear it of any undesirables.

Perhaps a couple of test subjects manage to escape and get word about this to our characters. Perhaps some of them find themselves being hunted down, or captured themselves. Maybe word has spread about a legendary of some sort being detained for reasons The Blessing won't disclose.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Uh, that's a good question. xD I hadn't really thought of what typing to make her yet. I was mostly debating if it would be okay to do a Delta type in the lower ranks. xD I'll have to sit and think about it along with the questions posed by Moon. :3

[/center]
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

So, a topic that came up in the spreadsheet a few days ago was about coordienating the Unova AND Johto groups, and I came up with an Idea to run past you guys that's at the very least, not the most stupid plan ever. We have one thread for the Johto group, and one for the Unova. If they join up, we just keep posting in the thread that their current location is.

PROS: if it's clearly listed in the title, people won't accidentally put their characters in the wrong group by mistake. (Well, usually)
It will be easier to distinguish what's happening where?
You wouldn't have to deal with so many characters in the same post.

CONS: you would have to keep up with two threads/post twice (albiet, shorter posts, and we can fill you in on stuff if you fall behind)
I had another one, but I forgot.

Opinions on this idea would be appreciated, and I know it's not a PERFECT solution, but I think it is an option to be considered.
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

My biggest thing is I don't really want the two groups to be separate for long? Perhaps I'm the only one thinking that, but it seems cumbersome and with how few Blessing characters we have anyways, that's a lot of people trying to keep both groups going ahead with steam with npcs and shadow characters. I do think it's a fantastic idea in theory, and if everyone says that two groups could be fine, then I think it's worth a shot.

Moon: Making it personal, I like it. Either people escaping could be cool, or kidnappings going on would be interesting. I know Sol is a high priority target...

/muses

So yeah, if we wanted to start it off with shady dealings happening, and then maybe our chars can do some investigating? I do like the idea of the Blessing being a powerful 'political' group if you would. A large force that has taken root in most of the regions that, in theory, seems untouchable.
Moonlost

Hmm, it's an intriguing idea at the very least. And it could be cool to see how different things spiral from one group to the other. I do agree with the less clutter part too.
My worry is that the groups might end up unbalanced, although that would be a problem if we had both groups in the same thread as well. We might want to get people to assign where their characters are before we start to avoid this. Or what if one region ends up getting more activity than the other?

Ultimately, I think it could be cool to work with. I'm a little worried, but not so much that I want to outright say no. Maybe we need a little more work on it and try to fix the flaws as best we can before going for it. A list of who would theoretically be starting off where night be a start.

___

I think that "untouchable" state is one of the reasons I really think the Blessing could make for an interesting antagonist. It's not just that they're doing bad things to good people, it's also that it puts the protagonists as the underdogs in the situation. Not only do they have to fight against corrupt racist assassins, but they have to do so while also avoiding the eye of regular, every day people who have been told that they want to kill them. Do they take the fight directly to the blessing and risk killing people who's only crime is being dumb and afraid? Or do they try to do things more covertly and risk not being able to do any real damage to the organisation?

But, yes, starting off with shadiness sounds fine to me.

Senna-Umbreon

To be fair, I dunno how easy it's going to be to have the groups merge fairly quickly? I mean, I sort of intend to use some of my Dragons' Fang guild characters, and since they're near Mistralton City... That technically means two groups in Unova. And they'd likely have no reason to go to Johto (Since I guess I DO like the idea of the groups eventually merging in Johto? I dunno /shrug), unless they possibly meet up with the other Unova group, being the one near Village Bridge. And I guess that would take some time? So I'm not sure how easy it would be to have the Johto and Unova group merge really quickly. Just wanted to mention that, really~ (Since I think in theory, the two threads thing could be a really good idea?)

Aaaand I agree on the idea of a list of who is in what group and all of that.

ALSO, Moon, I really really like your ideas on the Blessing stuff. So you get an Official Senna Seal of Approval on all that. c: (It actually makes things easier to have Blessing characters, in my opinion, since it means we can stick some characters that are just like "yo we're helping" and are unaware of the shady stuff going on. \o/)