Forum Role-Playing

Saturo

Forum Role-Playing

Unread post by Saturo »

This is something we used to do in my old guild, and it turned out to be quite funny.

The general idea is to have a "Forum room", which is basically a tread where people roleplay their characters. There are some rules, and I'll go trough them first.

1. You must NEVER do something for somebody else, example "Toshi tosses a loaf of bread on *randomplayer*. *randomplayer* gets angry and tosses it back.
2. You must NEVER do something that gives other people only one course of action.
3. Stay in character. If you need to write something off-topic, or even something non-rp, then use double brackets ((I'm hungry.))
4. Get wacky, but not too wacky. This is Azeroth, there aren't any cellphones, no computers, and guns aren't automatic. It's supposed to be somewhat medieval.
5. You may use one character at the time, if I want to toss in Tael, then Toshi has to "leave the room".

I'll start.

Toshi enters the room, and looks around. Upon seeing that the room is indeed empty, she walks up to the nearest sofa and sits down comfortably.

She seems to slowly fall asleep. This is boring. Why can't somebody enter?
Last edited by Saturo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Forum Role-Playing

Unread post by Vephriel »

((Ooh, fun idea! :D Quick question though, what's the setting right now? What is this 'room', where is it, and why are we in it? xD))
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

((Basically, it's a room, similar to a Hunter's lodge. We never really decided in my old guild. Sometimes it would just be "taelnazir pulls out the conveniently located box of fireworks". It's not hardcore rp, it's just for fun.))

Toshi wakes up with a start! She heard whispering...

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel

Vephriel walks into the room, pinching the bridge of her nose between a thumb and forefinger. She sighs forcefully.

"Skorn, for the last time, stay outside." she calls out in a commanding tone.

At first the source of her frustration is unknown, however soon a set of heavy footfalls resound throughout the area. A large, black Devilsaur appears suddenly outside the doorway and sticks his rather enormous head in. A pleading growl is aimed at his mistress, and the colossal creature attempts to force his way inside. The building quakes, and a sound that is suspiciously similar to cracking can be heard from the door jamb.

"No!" Vephriel yells, running up to her pet and pushing against his snout. She leans her weight into the shove, but her boots only slide across the floor. Abandoning that plan, she pulls a surprisingly massive bone from her backpack and waggles it in front of him.

"Are you going to be a good boy?" she asks with a hint of warning, and his eyes follow the movements of the bone. He whines, then nods slowly.

"You can't fit in here, so you're just going to have to stay outside."

Skorn huffs sadly, but seems to comply and slowly backs out of the door. Veph flicks her wrist, tossing the bone outside and wincing slightly as he stomps off to fetch it.

She turns back and notices another person inside. "Oh! I'm so sorry for the disturbance. He has...separation issues." she mumbles with a roll of her eyes.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

A slight Growl can be heard outside, it seems Albus has spotted the giant bone. This can't end well...

Toshi, who has been watching the whole debacle, sits up, and pulls out a magazine ou of her backpack. She seems completely uninterested in the welfare of her pet.

Toshi speaks, a quiet, yet surprisingly clear "Hello". Why do you even care about that... Thing... I found that the best way to keep a pet quiet, is to ignore it. You can just revive them later...

There is a loud roar, seemingly from a dragon, and the door suddenly flies up. A crystally white bear shoots in, followed by lots of flame.

Toshi doesn't seem to care about the fact that her bear is sizzling.

((She is evil after all...)) ((Warlock-evil...))

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Toshi suddenly gets a wicked look in her eyes, and she begins chanting an almost certainly evil incantation. An imp suddenly appears out of nowhere!

"Yess, misstress?" The imp says.
"Get me some water, Iptik!"
"There iss no water here misstress..."
"Get. Me. Some. Water. NOW!"
"Yess misstress..." The imp looks thoughtful.
"I don't pay you to think, Iptik!"
"Misstress doess'nt pay me at all..."
"GO!"

The imp rushes out the door, and dissappears outside.

Several hours later, Iptik returns, carrying something small and colourful!

"Iptik brought misstress water..."
"Thats not water, you idiot!" Toshi takes out her gun, and pouts it at the imp.
"No, misstress! Look!"
Iptik punches the colourful thing. It moans as an answer. It's a Gnome Mage!

"You makess misstress ssome water!" The imp yells, and punches the Gnome again.
For a moment, the Gnome looks like he thinks over what might happen if he refuses, but he then starts conjuring [Conjured Spring Water].

Toshi drinks a little, and then goes over to some drawers a bit away. She pulls out a bit of parchment, and writes something on it. She then slaps the paper to the forehead of the Mage. It reads "Vending Machine"...

((My story for Toshi is actually that she was previously a warlock, but that she decided to cut back on Fel magic. She immediately took a liking for hunters, since they also got to cause pain to their enemies. I mean, how can being peppered full of [Shatter Rounds] be painless?))
Last edited by Saturo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

*a bump starts to seemingly grow in the corner of the room... after a few seconds, the floor breaks, and out comes a drill! A drilling machine emerges from the hole. A door opens, and a distressed orc climbs out. He is covered in black, as though an explosion happened near him. His hair is a mess. He sticks his head back in the machine, flips a switch, and it lowers itself back underground. He then takes out a tiger hide and places it over the hole in the floor. He looks around wildly, coughs, and then walks over to a chair. He sits down, and begins looking at a scrap of paper.*

Vephriel

Vephriel can't help but grin at the addition of their new little vending machine.

"Why, how convenient." she smirks, leaning down in front of the Gnome. Her green eyes flash...it was no secret that she wasn't fond of the diminutive things. "I'll grab some water as well, and throw in a strudel on the side." The vending machine squeaks, then hurries to obey after another glance at the vicious looking imp beside him.

A sudden uproar from behind causes Veph's attention to drift towards....the floor? She frowns slightly, then leaps back as a machine comes barreling up through the hardwood.

As the Orc blatantly attempts to hide his evidence, Vephriel can only stare with one eyebrow quirked.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Toshi laughs maniacally.

((At the vending machine or Ryno? How shall we know?))

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

A young female goblin strides into the room, garbed in pirate attire, with a brilliant red fox at her side. 'there there Caryal, I'm getting you some food.' Lyxia says to the young fox.
She approaches the innkeeper, and buys a satchel of meat for Caryal, and a little Rum for herself.
'Here you go, boy!' She says as she chucks a slab of meat his way.

Then she notices the gnome in the room. 'Huh, Who let the trash in?' She's dismayed at the sight of such a creature.

(( I hope you don't mind that I set the scene as an inn, it's the only place I could think of where a bunch of strangers would meet, and could lounge about.))

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Toshi looks around, suspicious. How odd! She hadnt noticed that guy before! Ah well, he only sells alcohol anyway. Well, meat too, but who would need meat! It's not like you have to feed your pets, just revive them when they starve to death!

((Im going to go and snatch some pictures of an inn, and put it up in my opening post. It might be a good thing to have a "base" for our adventures. I'll try and make a funny picture of our vending machine too! :D ))

((EDIT: Not a problem whatsoever! I'll go and see if I can find a good inn. It's going to be a human inn tough, as they look more like "hunting cabins" than orcish ones. ))
Last edited by Saturo on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vephriel

(( It should totally be the Filthy Animal. I love that Inn. :D ))
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Toshi seems to be getting hungry. She can smell her bear, Albus, who's smoldering in the middle of the room. Maybe bear steak would be good?

She takes up a knife and a fork and looks hungrily at the bear. She realizes that these Huners mightnot be too happy if she starts eating her pet. Instead, she pokes the Vending Machine with the knife and says "Food. Now." The gnome looks scared, and quickly obeys.
He conjures up some... What is it? It smells like Albus... Yummy! It's bearsteak!

(( I was thinking about putting he imp Iptik next to a gnome in that colourful Mage tier. It should say Iptik <Toshi's minion>. The gnome should be Vending Machine <Iptik's minion>.))

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:(( It should totally be the Filthy Animal. I love that Inn. :D ))
(( Best RP inn. Ever. RP'd there many times on my main RP realm. Was always fun. ))

*the orc scratches his head, staring at the paper. He then throws it into the fireplace, seemingly disgusted by it. He catches sight of the goblin entering, only glancing. He orders something from a barkeep, doing something with his hands that get's him a slap. He shrugs, and sips his drink, looking around. With one hand, he fixes his hair back into a slicked topknot.*

Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Unread post by Emowin »

Emowin glances up over the top of some new enchantent scrolls she is studying. She sighs and regards the smoldering bear in the middle of the room. The huge black wolf near her feet whines at her as she gets up and goes to tend to the smoking bear. Once she finished with the bear she approces the trembiling "vending machine" and quietly requests some bread. Once the little gnome conjers her some she returns to her scrolls and her wolf Lyca.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

All of a sudden, a fight erupts between Iptik and the vending machine. Iptik lunges at the gnome, who quickly casts a manashield on himself. He polymorphs the imp and runs towards the exit.

Toshi, who has observed the whole fight, without caring for either part. When the gnome reaches the exit she shoots off a few shatter rounds, and then picks up the unconscious gnome and places him back. On the way back she kicks the sheep, who upon taking damage turns back into an imp. The imp gives a vicious glare at the gnome, and scurries off to find a sword.

It seems the imp has low unarmed skill.

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Walking in Aweena sees the comotion and ponders how a gnome ended up here on her way in she shushes Duskstalker so he wont snarl to mutch she lets him follow her in she pulls out a blanket and sits down near the fire place Duskstalker curls up by his mistress side and she fidles with some engineering parts suddenly she remebers somthing springs to her feet runs to the door and wistles a corehound pup comes runing she then setles down at the fire again with her pets and gives duskstalker a fish and the core hound a peace of coal his favourite treat then she returns to her work barely notecing the people araund her she polishes a copper tube...

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Caryal the fox, springs up, and launches itself at the imp.

'What is it Caryal, found yourself a new friend have you?' She smirks, as Caryal licks the imp.

She sits herself down in a chair, and resumes sharpening her dagger, encrusted with rubies. It's obvious that she's wealthy, and that none of it was originally her own.

As she sharpens her blade, she watches the activity among the elves and orcs. She wonders if the blood elf calling herself 'vephriel' has many valuables in her pockets...

((Feel free to have a go at Lyxi, she likes a good fight. xD))

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Toshi doesn't like the snotty attitute of that goblin, and casts [Incerate] on her hat.

Toshi's [Incinerate] hits Pirate Hat for 600 damage. (599 overkill).

Her pet Albus tries to get up to [Intimidate] the fox, but collapses in pain. That bear is probably fried on the inside.

The imp Iptik also tries to annoy the goblin, and tosses a rusty sword he had found in the kitchen.

Iptik's [Pathetic Attack] misses Lyxi.
Iptik's [Pathetic Attack] hits Toshi for 12 damage. (11 resisted)

Toshi glares at Iptik and prepares an Explosive Charge.

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

finishing off the crude scope she was making aweena suddently notices an imp hiding under her blanket she looks up then notices a gun pointed at were she is then turns to duskstalker wispering somthing in a flash he jumps Toshi intimidating her while Aweena moves from the emidiate danger grabing her pup and blanket so the imp is alone again Aweena isent interested in being involved in this so she calls duskstalker back to her side and watches carefully how Toshi reacts

If love is an illusion to hell with reality