Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Unova)

TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Windrunner

Re: Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Unova)

Unread post by TK-Hikaru13 »

Nico - Troupe Camp

Nico woke up, stretching her arms as she yawned. Boosting herself up, the delphox summoned her staff to her hand. Licking her chops, she looked at the group of Pokemon in the clearing. The newcomers seemed to be sleeping peacefully. Turning her head, Benzedrine was still in her corner of the camp, with Walpurgis sleeping between her claws. Nico laughed softly to herself, happy to see the two getting along. Even if it involved both parties sleeping.

"Right then!" She cheered. "Time to gather up some berries and check the perimeter." Nico said to herself, walking towards the barrier of the camp.
Walpurgis~ Brought to you by the lovely Senna.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Fayette- Troupe's camp

Fayette watched Nico for a moment, then stood and raced after the Delphox. "Excuse me." She said with a tone what she hoped wouldn't betray her suspicion. Someone suddenly starting to walk off while everyone else was asleep? She didn't like this. There was too much room for betrayal. Hopefully if there was some other potential danger around, one of the other Psychic pokemon would be able to tell in time. "Do you mind if I come with you? I could use a walk."
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Nico - Troupe Camp

Nico turned to see who had spoken to her, finding herself looking down at a female Meowstic. She hadn't been able to properly introduce herself to the psychic type, but Nico was certain her name was Fayette. "You are Fayette yes?" Nico asked. "And you are more than welcome on my walk. I might need some help gathering berries. I have a lot of pokemon to cook for now." Nico said with a smile, bobbing her head.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

(was originally waiting for Senna to post, then RL caught up with me)

Rose
Outside Opelucid

Rose gave a slight chuckle, "Yeah, I didn't see you until the ice dragon dropped you. I originally attacked it because I assumed it was the one causing all the trouble within the city. I dunno where Robin is now, and Bellflower," Rose paused and stuffed her paws into her mane. When she she pulled them out, she was holding the Shaymin in front of her. "I hid Bellflower so he wouldn't be seen while we searched for you." The Mega Ampharos set the Shaymin down, and turned back to Rin, "So, why was that ice dragon taking you away anyway?"

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Fayette- Troupe's camp

Fayette's thoughts buzzed. So Nico already knew her name, and she knew hers. But... Nico didn't have to know that.

"And you are Benny, correct?" The feline asked, tails swishing. "Worst come to worst, we have emergency rations. However those would be best used in said emergencies." Fayette then took notice of a large smear of dirt on her fur and hurriedly dusted herself off.

There. Acting like she had mixed up the names would make her seem less attentive than she really was, yet still polite, and also not as big of a threat. If the troupe turned out to be the real threat, she would be ready.
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Nico - Troupe Camp

Nico wrinkled her nose. "Nope, Benny is the big Drapion in the far corner of camp. She likes to keep to herself. I am Nico." She corrected, picking up two baskets. "Always good to have emergency food. Just in case you end up somewhere you really don't want to be." Nico chattered, offering a basket to Fayette. "Here, take this. Now, we're looking for just any kind of berry. Any will do. However, if you come across any Roseli berries please give them to me immediately. They're for Benny." The Delphox explained.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Fayette- troupe's camp

"Sorry then, Nico." She said smoothly as she took the basket. "So real Benny's a picky eater? Or short tempered? Either way, I... I-I need to find a Kee bush. Somehow." Fayette paused, silently cursing herself for her weakness. She had to see what this Delphox was really about. "Roseli berries.... Haven't seen those wild since I came here from Kalos. Let's hope for some luck."

(No more posts from me until other people post, or a few days pass. Don't want to get too far ahead.)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Rin
Outside Opelucid

"Well, y'see. Bit of a history between us, Kadlin and I. She tried to kill me once, I managed to wriggle free like I always do, we laughed, reminisced, she threatened to eat me, recruited me to kidnap deltas for her, and pretty much relived the good old days. Yeah. Barrel of laughs." The linoone said cheerfully, although the grin on her face didn't quite reach her eyes--she looked more spooked than confident.
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

((This is gonna be ooooone long post. Catching up time, go!))

Bellflower - Outside Opelucid City

Rin appearing to be.. Mostly unharmed was a bit of a relief to Bellflower, but between the fact that there had been a Kyurem around, and then Rose placing him down on ground that was a bit too cold... The tiny Legend let out a high-pitched squeak as he transformed back to Land Forme. "W-Why would you put me down like t-that?!" He cried as he stared up at Rose, beginning to both shiver and look rather pathetic as a result. While the ice dragon itself had flown off, the area was still certainly cold enough. "I-It's cold!!"

----

Antares - Blessing Camp

"Crowley?" Antares asked as he padded over to the other Champion, ears flicking slightly in the direction of the Toxicroak that he'd seen talking with Crowley a moment before. He'd only heard a snippet of what the Poison type had said, but between that and overhearing a little of what was being discussed with another group nearby, he had an idea of what was going on. "What is this about.. infiltration?"

----

((Since it appears we ended up with a tiiiiny little timeskip thing with the protag group, I'm gonna ignore getting back to Shi Yu for the moment. To be honest, after everything, even if she was upset over the idea of Ciar leaving, she probably would have just crashed after not too long. Poor kid was probably pretty darn tired.))

Lunaire - Troupe's Camp

The Sylveon stirred from his sleep, the lack of presence of a certain white cat seeming to be enough to wake him. Letting out a small yawn, Lunaire raised his head and peered around. Most of the others seemed to still be asleep, as expected. But as he had thought, Fayette had indeed gotten up at some point, and she wasn't anywhere in sight either. He stood up, stretching each leg in turn before raising his nose to sniff the air. It seemed like Fayette had gotten up fairly recently, as her scent was still fairly fresh. Vaguely curious as to where she had gone off to, Lunaire began to pad in the direction her scent led.

----

Cobalion, Virizion and Riona - Forest in the general-ish area of Village Bridge

"Something is wrong. She should have come back by now."

"Calm yourself, Virizion. She has likely gone off to the house. That is usually the case when she disappears."

"Yes, but she is usually back by now!"

"Virizion."

"It's been two days, Cobalion! Something is wrong!" The distraught Legend cried, pacing back and forth. His ears were pinned back, and during the few times that he did stop his pacing, he danced about in place nervously. "Cobalion, I know that something is wrong. She would have come back by now, or.. At the very least I would have had Terrakion yell at me through telepathy to go get her to stop bothering him. Neither of those things have happened!"

Cobalion fell silent as Virizion continued his nervous pacing. Beside him, a small blue and yellow dragon peered up at him, gold eyes blinking a couple times. "Dad's right. Mum is usually back by now." She said, rather matter-of-factually.

"...Then," Cobalion started, giving the Shiny Gible a glance before returning his gaze to Virizion, "Perhaps, instead of..." He paused for a moment, "Panicking, it would be wise to search for her. Or perhaps try using telepathy to contact her?"

Virizion paused in his pacing, ears perking up for a moment before drooping again. "A-Ah, of course. That would obviously be the right course of action. Not.. Panicking. How foolish of me..." He shook his head, slightly embarrassed by his own irrational behaviour. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves so that he could focus. It took a few moments, but he finally settled his thoughts enough to send out a telepathic message. "Mattie? Mattie, are you there?"

((have I mentioned that I hate telepathy and figuring out a good format for it? WELL I DO. UGH. also fwi Riona's not gonna be a major character. she just has to, you know, be around sometimes. cause she's one of Virizion and Mattie's adopted kids. you know how it is. She will likely fade to the background pretty quickly. if you're really curious about her, I do have a description of her in the spreadsheet Also, don't ask me where Keldeo is. I figured I would.. try to pace the introduction of the rest of my Musketeers a little. so ponyboy will be showing up at some point in the future, just not quite yet.))
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Nico - Troupe Camp

Nico paused, considering her words. "You could say that yes." She responded, looking around for a berry bush. "Kee berries? I'll keep on a look out for them!" She chirped, already sniffing around for a bush. "Hmm~ This way! I think I found something." Nico said in a singsong tone.

"Yeah, Roselis have been hard to find here in Unova. But Benny has enough of her tonic stored away so we'll be fine for a very long time." She chattered, walking in the direction of the scent.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Khalilah- With her dad near-ish village bridge

Khalilah shifted awkwardly next to her shiny sister, the Gible's hands rubbing together. "D... Didn't mum always say that if she was gone for more than two days without telling anyone she was going that she was in trouble?" She asked. "I can't lose a mum again!!!" She said with a shake. She knew that those words were actually from one of Mattie's childhood friends, but it still made sense, and sounded like her mum. She often got hurt and wouldn't say why, just laugh.

Khalilah hugged Riona as she shuddered again. "I don't want... I..."

(Like Riona, Khalilah isn't gonna be around for long, but it's important to note that she exists.)

Mattie- Troupe's camp

Mattie was half asleep when she faintly heard the sound of her mate's voice. After the nightmare the previous night, the voice struck a nerve. But then.. she realized that it was actually him.

She jolted upright, partially expecting him to actually be standing next to her, but alas, he was not. Then again, the 'are you there' suggested that he was in fact, not with her. Oh right! Telepathy! So in a way he.. Was there? Whatever, point was she needed to respond. She had gotten rather good at that, although obviously she couldn't SEND anything first, she wasn't psychic.

"Virizion!" She sent after a few seconds. "Before you say anything, I need to ask, are Riona and Khalilah alright?"

Fayette- In the forest, fallowing Nico

"Tonic?" Fayette asked, fallowing behind The Delphox. "A.... herbal, tonic?" She tried not to look directly at Nico, watching some of the bushes that they passed by. She was trying to act casual, but even the word tonic was rather suspicious.

It was hard to multitask however, looking for berries and keeping her tone in that one that was least threatening to get information out of someone. She was probably going to slip if she wasn't careful.
Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

((This post would have existed this morning, but Firefox crashed at some point and out of frustration due to losing the WIP post.. I kind went "screw this I'll post when I get up". So yeah. whoops.))

Virizion, Riona - Vaguely in the Village Bridge area I guess idk

"Oh thank Arceus you're there, Mattie! I was so worried about you!" Virizion let out a sigh of relief as his mate replied. While her replying certainly didn't rule out the possibility of her being in trouble, the fact that she was at the very least alive was enough to calm the Legend. "But yes, they are just fine. Worried as well.. But still." He paused momentarily to give the two Gibles a glance, "Mattie, is everything alright? And where are you?"

Riona returned her sister's hug, giving her a grin, "Hey, don't worry. Mum will be fine!" She looked up as her father gave a sigh of relief. Her grin widened as she looked back to Khalilah, "See? Nothing to worry about." In truth, Riona was worried as well, even if her father's behaviour did suggest that Mattie was alright, but she wanted to stay as positive as possible, if only to help Khalilah not worry.

((fwi Cobalion may have a habit of disappearing from my posts sometimes, since he's rather quiet and won't always have something to say/do.))

----

Lunaire - Edge of the camp

As Lunaire approached the edge of the camp, he began to pick up the sound of voices not too far away. With the camp as quiet as it was, it was easy for the Sylveon's large ears to make out two distinct voices. And the closer he got, the clearer it was that one of the voices was Fayette. The other was... That Delphox, Nico. While he wasn't entirely surprised that Fayette would talk with the Pokemon that gave them a place to stay, the fact that they weren't in camp was a little curious. He continued to pad forward until he could see the two Psychic types ahead of him. While he debated calling out to get their attention, he decided to simply watch them for the time being.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Mattie- troupe's camp

Mattie didn't even notice as Lunaire left, she was so relieved about her family. But then she had to explain what happened.

"Oof, right after a girl's gotten up?" She joked. "In... All seriousness, something big is going on Virizion. Some group, maybe called the blessing, is after hybrids, and maybe even shinies or other oddities. Not sure why, but it's bad. We ran into a few who managed to escape and I'm making sure they stay safe. Point number one is that you need need need to get down here. The whole house moved south, at least, I think we moved south. Still, the townsfolk apparently drove them away, and threatened to hurt them. We're in big trouble. We're not so Far south as the desert, but we're closer. The air here is... A little dryer.

Mattie took a deep breath. Here came the hardest part. "Also, point number two.... I..... Maaaayyyyyyyyyy have just tried to adopt two more kids, maybe three. Ok, they're more like teens, but two of them lost their parents, and the other one lost a whole tribe! A tribe Virizion! It would be a crime to NOT help them out. Besides um... Five kids isn't so bad, a little more then that and we could start an actual orphanage. Please don't be upset. Please. You KNOW I have a hard time controlling what I say sometimes.

(Oh my freaking god Mattie, do you ever shut up?)

---

Khalilah- wilderness WOOOO!

Khalilah did loosen her grip on her sister a little bit when her father sighed. Virizion sighed a lot when Mattie was alright, or had done something mildly stupid. She was still probably going to come home with some... Blood... She gave another shudder. She started to hum a song that had played in the house one of the few times she had been able to visit. Alright, she hummed as much as she could remember, and quietly sung a few of the words. Badly.

"Dovahfiin, Dolah ree, nana na ba da da~"
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Ruth- near the troupe's camp

Ruth had taken on the form of Pigeot so she could scour the woods from above in search for Kayle. She had just recently joined the Ekleipsis herself and was eager to be sent on her first mission, which was to find Kayle and help her recruit more Pokemon for their cause. When she spotted Kayle, she quickly landed on the branch Kayle was perched on and straightened her back. "I'm here to help," she said with a sense of pride, then she realized the Talonflame may not recognize her in her current form. "Oh, wait," she giggled and her body glowed and shrunk and she transformed back into a Rattata looking Pokemon. "You may not remember me, but I'm Ruth, one of the new recruits. I was sent to help you since I'm a hybrid, and that might make prospective recruits feel more comfortable. Also, my mother was shiny so I've also got some shiny in me as well." Ruth glanced at her abnormally blue coat and Mew-like tail, then turned back towards the Talonflame and grinned.

Rose- outside Opelucid

Rose jumped then quickly grabbed Bellflower and placed him on her head and gave a slight chuckle, "Er, sorry, I forgot." She then looked at Rin. "What was that you said? Threatened to eat you and what?" Rose looked into Rin's eyes and she became serious, "Is there something we need to know?"

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

((Giant post that took me over a month to do incoming! Makes me wish I'd plopped a few of my NPCs into Johto, but they're a tight-knit family that I'd rather keep together.))

Ekleipsis Campsite

'It's been getting worse, but with our meager numbers, what can we do?' The Hydreigon frowned as this thought swam through his mind. Though not a Hybrid, Delta, or even a Shiny, Sturm despised the unfair discrimination against them, especially since his mate and only child were both Hybrids.

The three-headed hydra's expression softened when he turned his crimson gaze to the Lieshao who sat nearby, Kayle and Cherokee's four children clustered around her, asleep. Melanie's verdant eyes met his, a smile touching her slender muzzle before she raised a sleeve-concealed forepaw in a gesture requesting for him to remain silent, so as not to disturb the chicks. Their only child sat upon Melanie's other side, her six pale wings folded tightly against her slender back.

Like her mother, Anju was mostly Mienshao in appearance, but with only faint traces of Liepard showing, while her Hydreigon heritage was more strongly apparent. Remaining silent, the Lieshaogon pointed to Sturm's right, and the Hydreigon didn't bat an eye when a shadow fell over him.

"Cherokee, welcome back," he greeted, keeping his voice quiet as he spoke. "What of Kayle?"

"She wants to stay behind to make sure our orders are carried out," the Braviary replied softly, his attention moving to rest upon his children for a moment before returning to his friend. "And she wishes for Anju's presense. The reports were correct: this group numbers around if not over thirty Pokemon, and from what Kayle observed, they seem to be made up of a number of smaller familial groups than one large family."

"Sure, I'll go see what this is about," Anju said, moving to stand before she stretched and lightly shook herself. "Even though Dad already sent that little blue morsel ahead, she's new blood, so somebody needs to look out for her."

"Anju..." Sturm tilted his main head down, giving his daughter a stare of warning. "We do not eat members who happen to be smaller than we are."

"Right, right..." She murmured, waving a sleeve a little as she grinned. "I was joking."

"There's a considerable number of Hybrids, along with a few Shinies and Deltas," Cherokee continued, nodding in Anju's direction, only to sigh and shake his head at her rather off-handed comment. "If we can gain their trust, perhaps we can help them regain what they have lost. I get the feeling that the Blessing somehow managed to drive them from where they used to live. I mean, why else would such a large group be out in the middle of the forest?" He trailed off, a sigh leaving him as he shook his head. "I'll never understand the unjustified hatred against those of us who are so different."

"Neither will I," Melanie muttered quietly, her ears slicking back against her skull, the weasel-like Hybrid only relaxing when Sturm moved to gently set a pseudo-head upon her shoulder.

"That's why, one way, or another, we will put a stop to it," the Hydreigon murmured softly, crimson eyes meeting the verdant eyes of his mate when the Lieshao raised her head and gave a single nod.

"Let's go," Anju said, spreading all three pairs of wings before the Lieshaogon leapt into the air, the shiny Braviary joining her a second later.

"Follow me."

-----

Kayle, Cherokee, Anju -- Near Nico's camp

Kayle froze when she felt the branch once again sag under more added weight, and the shiny Talonflame turned her head, a greeting for Cherokee ready upon her beak -- only to do a double-take when she saw a Pidgeot change back into a Hybrid that looked something like a Rattata crossed with a Mew.

"You guys really need to stop doing that," she said with a chuckle. "This poor branch might not hold out much longer. Any news on whether or not Sturn has sent Anju? Cherokee left to relay my report and to ask for her a little while ago."
She fell silent when Ruth began to speak, the little Pokemon's chipper voice making the falcon wish she could physically smile.

"Of course I remember you, and you'll be a big help. Besides," she barely managed to hold back a sigh. "We need every ounce of help we can muster."

Kayle turned her gaze skyward when the sound of wingbeats came to her ears, and the avian raised a wing in silent greeting when two familiar shapes appeared. Cherokee chose to land upon a branch adjacent to the one she and Ruth were currently perched on, while Anju decide to grab a perch above them.

"We have a few early risers since you left," Kayle informed, turning her attention back towards the campsite. "We should begin planning on how to approach them without being perceived as a threat. I'm sure that with us being two Shinies and two Hybrids they would have no reason of accusation, but still, people can say the weirdest things when jumpy enough."
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Nico - Forest outside of the Troupe camp
"You could...say that." Nico said carefully. Benzedrine's 'condition' was something that needed to stay well under wraps. She turned to the Meowstic, noticing she seemed, tense. "Are you okay? Oh, what am I saying, of course you're not. You've just lost your home, you're probably worried sick right now aren't you?" Nico asked casually, unaware of how...insensitive her tone sounded. "Oh look! There they are!" She said distractedly, noticing a patch of wild berries. "Wonderful!"

Walpurgis - Camp

Walpurgis yawned, sharp teeth exposed as the ghost opened her mouth. Turning to her right, she noticed that she had fallen asleep in Benzedrine's claws. "Eeeeugh." The ghost groaned, floating up and away from the poison type. "Hm...Miss Nico!" Walpurgis called, floating around the camp. "Miss Nico are you here?"
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Rin
Outside Opelucid

The linoone made a mental decision to, for now at least, not bother anyone with it. They all had other problems and she could find a way to wriggle out of the deal. Go into hiding. The kyurem couldn't scout the entire region, and she could find a way off Unova... Yeah. She could pull this off. But she had to deflect these questions first.

"Threatened to eat me, oh yeah. She's a real kidder, that Kadlin." She said with a shrug, forcing herself to remain calm. "More importantly, she ruined our attempt to get food. You guys have any luck?" She asked Bellflower and Rose, who had been outside the city.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

(Alright, I was kinda waiting for Senna, but I really want this to keep moving.)

Fayette- Berry picking with Nico (oo! My favorite show!)

Fayette narrowed her eyes a little. She wasn't any more sure as when she began about Nico's trustworthiness. Luckily poisonous berries were practically non-existent. At least to Pokemon. "Which kind are they?" She asked. Roseli berries.... Tonic.... What was she up to? Perhaps... secretly a strong dragon delta... And needed to drink it to keep their weakness hidden. dragons hated fairies. Or perhaps they had some kind of disorder, and needed the tonic to stay sane. Sort of like how she kept herself clean in a house full of mess. She would have to find out. If they had a delta, then for the moment they could be trusted.

"Look, if you're trying to keep a delta hidden...... We have some of those with us." If she had to give up some information to get some, so be it.
TK-Hikaru13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

{Oh miss Fayette, you're closer than you think.
Nico - Berry picking
"Hmmm, they look a lot like Kee berries. And it seems there's a sitrus berry patch here as well!" Nico said cheerfully, casting a spell to levitate the berries off of the bush, sending them to the empty basket in front of her. Nico turned to Fayette, frowning. "Murkuro is the only Delta species within our troupe." She said curtly. "Miss Fayette, I would appreciate it if you didn't pry into this tonic issue anymore than you already have. It is a private matter between myself and Benzedrine."

Walpurgis - Troupe Camp

Walpurgis sighed to herself, floating lower to the ground. "Guess she's out getting berries or something." The ghost said sadly. "Hmm, maybe I should scout around the perimeter, like last time." Walpurgis hummed to herself, rising up as she moved to the edge of camp.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Fayette- berry picking

Fayette tried her best to stay in character. "I'm sorry, I just want to keep my friends safe, and tonics sound dangerous." she made herself look away shyly, then glanced at what might be a Kee bush. It looked right, and she carefully trotted up and plucked one, nibbling thoughtfully. Yes... Right look, right taste, and they had a good texture... These were perfect. She flicked her ears and plucked a bunch psychically and put them into her basket, and she watched Nico out of the corner of her eye regardless. Whatever was going on, it was bound to be important, friend or enemy.