Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Unread post by Azunara »

"Go to Ecruteak. They will protect you. Escape while you can, we'll hold them off!"

She kept running, her breath coming sharp and ragged. Since she had escaped the facility she had ran, unable to convince herself she was safe and able to rest until she reached the city of ghosts. She had to keep moving. They would send assassins after her. A sob choked her for a moment and she slowed, before forcing it down. No. She couldn't be weak, she had to keep running.

"Don't be afraid. We'll help you."

She had been so stupid, so careless. She had believed them. They were the Blessing. They were supposed to help everyone. They had taken her, put her in a cage, cold rooms in which she could hear the cries and pleas of others. Occasionally pokemon came in, studied them. Occasionally humans would take her and do things--inject her, take her blood, make her run for hours or shock her with pulses. It was only because of a mistake that she was free. Someone had seen the others like her, made a mistake in where they were going, found themselves in places they shouldn't be.

Sounded an alarm. Let them free. She shook at that, whining. They'd be punished. She knew that intuitively. Likely harshly. That was the Blessing did, harm and maim and punish.

She was close to the city. She could hear the sound of people know. Slowly, she made her way towards the huge, hollowed out Tower that jutted up into the sky, watching a small figure in the distance soar around it.

---

"I know you have all heard the rumors of mutants escaping our facilities. Those rumors are nothing more than slander."

Ecruteak became a refuge for several of the escaped pokemon, although they wouldn't yet speak of what happened, only to weep and cry out that the Blessing did it. The Champions there were stubborn, they kept the refugees safe in their care, sheltering them.

"We were trying to help the mutants, as we help you. They became violent."

There were Blessing everywhere, outside the city, waiting. They knew what they had to do. No assassins, not quite yet. Too much attention had been drawn to them already. But perhaps they could coax the Champions to relinquish their newfound charges.

"The mission is clear. We must retrieve them before they hurt anyone else."

They had to be careful. The ones who lived in the Burned Tower were supposedly unpredictable. They couldn't make any mistakes, be perceived as a threat. They would do the Blessing well. They began to move towards the city...
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Dawn of the Blessing (Open RP) (Johto)

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Johto, Burned Tower

The wraitheon was supposed to keep calm, but the screeches of the pokemon around her made it quite difficult. She sighed, turning to one who was babbling and shifted the direction of the sunlight, imbuing it with her own energy to help heal the pokemon before her. That seemed to comfort them, and she turned to another injured pokemon. It was one of the last ones to arrive, whispering something about the Blessing and how she was being pursued. Nothing Solara could really make sense of. She had seen the pokemon run towards the tower and had helped her make the final steps there, and once in the safety, the pokemon before her seemed to collapse into their quiet whimpering, like so many of the others.

The wraitheon snorted, making her way towards the entrance of the Tower. "Hey, Ghost. I'm gonna see if there's anymore incoming.

---

Blessing Emissary
Ecruteak

"Okay," He said to the small group of pokemon before him. "No one acts in a way that could be perceived as dangerous. Understood? The last thing I want is to pick a fight. We're just here to grab the mutants and leave. They could be dangerous to the humans and other pokemon, our reports say they're awfully unstable. I don't want any incidents. Clear?" A brief murmur of consent and the team of Blessing pokemon began making their way towards the tower.
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Ghost Girl - Burned Tower, Ecruteak

Ghost turned her attention from the refugees, looking at Solara. "Alright. Be careful, alright?" She replied, casting one lingering glance at her companion before re-focusing on the injured and panicked Pokemon that were crowded inside the Tower. The Lunar Wraitheon had been trying her best to calm the other Pokemon, but she herself was rather on-edge. The Blessing? The panicked ramblings of the refugees worried Ghost. She had heard the rumours about the organization before.. But the day's turn of events were still nothing short of baffling.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by HoneyShuckle »

Foresight, Burned tower.

All this noise was giving Foresight a headache. He stayed silent of this own problems though, having his wings gently wrapped around two pokemon that had needed comfort in that fashion. Whatever had happened was worse than a simple headache. His ears were flicked toward Ghost however, any familiar noise she would make would be welcome.
Guess what! Senna made my Avatar! woo!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Catharsis -- Ecruteak

The Ninetales's calm smile never left as she stood, ears pointed forward as she listened to the Emissary's words. When he finished, Catharsis dipped her head, murmuring a soft "It shall be done." Avoid confrontation, do nothing to trigger hostilities. The Emissary's words repeated themselves within her mind like a mantra as the Yveltal-Blessed Champion turned and started for the tower, her attention never leaving her destination.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Burned Tower

The wraitheon narrowed her eyes at the strangers. Their scent was somewhat familiar, but she didn't recognize them. Forrestal would want her to be calm and fair and just and not immediately hostile though, so she'd have to stay calm. She briefly turned back, looking at Ghost and Foresight. "We've got some company. I don't think they're refugees either." With that, the wraitheon padded down from the tower to greet the Emissary and his team.

"We need you to turn over your refugees." The emissary, a persian, replied.

Solara snorted at that. "What?"

"Your refugees are dangerous to those around them." The persian said calmly.

The wraitheon rolled her eyes, "You've got to be kidding. They're terrified, not dangerous."
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

((Here we goooo! I'm assuming for this that the interlude thing didn't end up happening))

Asher - Ecruteak

There was something happening. Asher could feel it, smell strangers on the wind. He'd been around Ecruteak for the past couple of days, sticking to the wild areas to avoid trainers. It was a nice place, although the burned tower still gave him the willies. There was a familiar smell there, but it was mixed too much with that of charcoal and fire. He could not shake the feeling of death that seemed to cling to it.
The eevee pricked his ears as a voice called out. Too distant for him to really make out the words though. He swished his tail, unsure whether to investigate or not. Maybe... Maybe a little closer, just to see what was happening.
with his belly low to the ground, Asher began to move forward, in the vague direction of the Blessing group.

Senna-Umbreon

"She's right. These Pokemon hardly seem dangerous." Ghost added as she padded up to join Solara outside the tower. She eyed the Emissary and his team warily, fur beginning to bristle. "Why should we hand them over to you, anyway? Give us one good reason. Beyond the whole "but they're dangerous!" nonsense, of course."
Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

Sphinx and Trick - Ecruteak

Sphinx's tail twitched as she watched the emissary and The Champion speak. Well, at least he got right to the point but he could've been more diplomatic about it.
"He could've been more diplomatic about it." the Chatot muttered from his perched between her ears. For once Trick's thoughts matched her own. She held still as her partner fluffed his feathers from his perch atop her head. "Then why not go put that tongue of yours to good use and help him?" Sphinx responded glibly.

Trick paused and cocked his head in thought. Or at least, that's what Sphinx figured he was doing. "You know, I think I will." Suddenly, her head felt light and Sphinx's eyes grew wide. "Wait, Trick, I was actually kidding for once-" but it was too late. The Chatot was already winging his way to where the emissary and- oh fabulous, now there were two- Champions were speaking.

"Damn it."
Last edited by Serendipity82 on Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight- Burned tower

Foresight's fur pricked up a little bit. Something really wasn't right. He folded his wings, the pokemon hiding under them then scampering away farther from the door. He fallowed the sounds of the argument and gently sat in the doorway to the remains of the tower, ears pricked and swiveling as he tried to figure out how many were outside.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Yup, Moon))

Solara
Ecruteak

The Emissary frowned at the two champions, "They're dangerous isn't enough for you? Do you not have any interest in protecting your city? They can be a potential threat, they're incredibly unstable and--" The Emissary paused as Trick joined him, looking at the chatot expectantly. Solara didn't seem convinced either way, tail twitching in irritation.

"They're not unstable, they're afraid. Seems your organization did something bad to them." Solara retorted. The Emissary frowned, claws digging into the soil. "Our organization is completely innocent. We simply want to help them! Perhaps you can explain better than I can," The Emissary added to Trick.
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Catharsis - Burned Tower

Catharsis remained silent, blue eyes darting to rest first upon what appeared to be an Espeon that had been blessed by a ho-Oh, before she turned her attention to the Umbreon that had padded up beside the Espeon, this one, too, had been blessed by a Ho-Oh. She flicked an ear, her attention moving to rest upon the remains of the tower for a few seconds, before the sound of flapping came to her ears, and as Catharsis watched the Chatot join the emissary, a calm thought swam through her mind:

'Hopefully this one can help dissipate the threat of hostility. I would try, but I am not a diplomat.'
Serendipity82

Trick - Ecruteak

Trick winged his way in just in time to hear the last bit of conversation, and if he hadn't had a beak, would have frowned at Solara's accusation. The Chatot landed on the ground next to the Persian, somehow managing to look somewhat dignified despite the clearly awkward position for him. Shame there wasn't a bush or something for him to perch on..but that was besides the point.

"We apologize for what must seem like an intrusion." he said conversationally. "And my friend here takes his job far to seriously. I think he needs a vacation." The chatot winked at Solara, hoping to ease the tension the Emissary had caused. "The Blessing's job is to help and protect all Pokemon! The refugess in your tower are frightened and we just want to help them! Like any us, they must learn to control their abilities - and that's what we want to do! We don't want to hurt anyone! That would be the opposite of what we are about!" Trick was earnest, repeating what he had been told when he and Sphinx had first joined the organization. And he believed it too.
HoneyShuckle
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Foresight- Burned tower

Foresight saw this as a good point to speak up. "If I may interject, whatever risks we take to keep these pokemon in our custody are ours to make. If your claims are true, then they would be more willing to come back within a few days, if not weeks. trying to take anyone by force does not accomplish anything but suffering." He said in his soft and smooth tone. "If your claims are false, then indeed, we will be right to have taken them under our wings, however, I am not ready to pass such low judgements about you."
Senna-Umbreon

If she hadn't been suspicious of these Pokemon before, Ghost certainly was now. While what the Chatot said sounded.. Okay, in-theory, the scared refugees back in the tower made her wary of his words. "That sounds great and all, but I'm not buying it yet. These Pokemon are scared out of their wits, and from what we can tell from what little they manage to actually speak, it has more to do with the Blessing than not." She said, wings flaring in an intimidating fashion, "So forgive me if I can't help but not trust you."
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Burned Tower

The wraitheon seemed a bit dubious about that. "Can't you help them here? Bring in...whoever you want to help. We're damn good at helping people, kind of our job. I'm sure Forrestal would love to take a look at them, see what he can do to heal them and ease their fears." She said.

The Emissary frowned, looking at Trick and then back at the wraitheon. "We simply can't do that. We have far better equipment and means to help them than you do. It's for their best interest."

Foresight's interjection seemed logical, and Sol nodded. "I agree. If they're ill, give them a few days here to recover and then we'll let them return to you."

The Emissary scowled. "Our doctors made it very clear that they were to return immediately. The Blessing seeks to help people. Let us help them."

"You can help them here." Solara shot back. "Otherwise, get."
Moonlost

Asher - Burned Tower

There was a lot of pokemon ahead of him, that much he could tell. The tall grass meant he couldn't see anything, but he could certainly smell them, and hear them too. He settled down, laying on his belly, wanting to get more information before moving in. It sounded like... like there was some dangerous pokemon? And someone was protecting them? The loud, squawking voice made a convincing argument Asher thought. Surely if they were as dangerous as what they were saying, the smart thing would be to turn them over to the people who best knew how to deal with them.

Despite wanting to be cautious, the eevee couldn't help but wiggle forward a little, his black-tipped ears pointing forwards.

Serendipity82

Trick and Sphinx - Ecruteak

Trick looked at the emissary with disappointment then back to the two wratheons, and nodding amicably. "My friend here correct in saying that we are more well equipped to help them at home rather than here. It disheartens me to hear that they are blaming us for whatever has happened. That is not the case. If they are afraid or far to ill to be moved without harm, then I don't see why we can't stabilize them here and then move them home once they are well enough to travel." He looked at the emissary as if daring him to disagree. "We are here to help and protect. It's what we do. Surely, I would rather wait til they are well enough to travel than to lose some the way. That will surely add fuel to whoever is slandering our organization."

Sphinx found herself nodding in agreement with her partner (and surprised that the little chatter box could actually speak without insulting someone), and glaring at the emissary. Who did he think he was to just make demands of pokemon who couldn't help themselves?

Movement at the corner of her eyes caught her attention and Sphinx was immediately on the guard. The last thing they needed was more injured, ill and untrained pokemon. She turned towards the movement, her eyes glowing faintly. "Who's out there." she growled quietly, not wanting to distract Trick and the others.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Solara
Burned Tower

"Then it's settled. They stay until we decide they're healthy." Solara said calmly.

The Emissary looked displeased at that, tail lashing. "You don't understand. We have to remove this threat--"

Solara cut him off, fluffing up her feathers. "Leave."

The Emissary scowled. "I didn't want it to come to this. These pokemon must be moved by force if need be. Those in our organization made it very clear that these pokemon need to be returned to their caretakers, who can give them the best possible treatment. I was hoping you'd agree to let us give them the best possible care. If it'll satisfy you, you can help us escort them back."
Moonlost

Asher - Burned Tower

Once again, everything the squawky voice said seemed reasonable, surely this could be resolved peacefully and these other pokemon could get the help they needed. Although, there was something about the voices protecting the dangerous pokemon, where had he heard them befor-

Asher squeaked as someone growled at him, jumping to his paws with his fur floofing up. Well, so much for staying hidden. He just had to hope that they were as amicable as they sounded.
"I'm not dangerous or nothin!" He called out, slinking forward. "Just wanted to see what was going on is all."