Silvermoon Street Urchins? Looking for opinions!

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Silvermoon Street Urchins? Looking for opinions!

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Hey guys,

I've created a couple of new blood elf characters named Fox and Sable, and a major part of their backstory is that they grew up as orphans on the streets of Silvermoon.

The question I have to ask is, does this backstory seem 'realistic' for a pair of orphaned sin'dorei? Do you think there would be some street urchins and/or homeless beggars in the streets of Silvermoon?

These dark-skinned, fluffy-haired, sin’dorei twins grew up as urchins on the streets of Silvermoon after their parents went missing. Supported by an ‘adoptive elder sibling’, they survived by stealing food from merchants and hunting the vermin of Silvermoon. Living on the streets, they were treated with disdain and derision by other Blood Elves, who generally considered them a stain upon the great city of Silvermoon. They both grew to resent sin’dorei society for its arrogance and classism, and decided to find a new home in other lands.

Thirty years later, Fox is now a performer at the Darkmoon Faire. He is better known by his stage name, Flying Fox, as their aerial acrobat and trapeze artist. He loves to entertain, and is a very attractive man, seemingly enjoying the company of both men and women. If he really likes someone, he may even show them some ‘fireworks’. No, that isn’t an innuendo, he’s actually a fairly competent pyromancer! His favourite trick is shaping his flames into the form of a flying phoenix. However, he doesn’t use his fire magic often, particularly since it poses a risk of burning his big mop of curly locks! Fox loves magic tricks, tattoos and toffee.

Meanwhile, Sable now owns and runs her own Art Supplies Shop based in Dalaran, which stocks all manner of paints, inks, dyes, pastels, easels, brushes and quills. She is incredibly passionate about colour pigment, and mixes all of the shop’s paints and inks herself. As she has some ability as an hydromancer, she is able to utilise her magic for the purpose of mixing her paints, though usually she just uses the standard tools. Her water magic is probably the reason she is able to keep her long curly locks hair in such good condition. She takes great pride in her appearance, and is never seen without her crimson knitted beanie. Sable loves painting, piercings, and pomegranates.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Silvermoon Street Urchins? Looking for opinions!

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I don't see why it couldn't be plausible. :) My BE hunter, Rosaliah, orphaned herself by killing her parents when she learned that they were Kael'thas (I think that was the bad elf's name; been a while since I've been active xD) supporters. Then she went on to become a mercenary. :lol: Plus, to some extent, so long as you're following some lore, there's no reason you couldn't do it because you think it's a fun/neat idea that'll make you enjoy playing them. Does it fit within the world of WoW? Yes? Then go for it.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]