Rp begginer

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Rp begginer

Unread post by Aweena »

so im so tempted here with all the rp going on and i am seriously thinking id like to try it out but there are some concerns from me

1. rumours of extensive cyber in rp (there are alot of those rumour out there)
2. im a total noob at acting and making stories and im afraid ill scare off or give off a bad impression to the "older" elite rp'ers or get the creepy ones as i stated in 1. rumours
3. I would like to start out with people i know just a little like from here on petopia so that i might be guided a bit if i do fall off on a wrong road
4. patience and story telling i am really bad at both and would like pointers on how to improve storys patience i can get frustrated if things go to slow
5. Where to start out in game or jump on the alredy really huge tread here or could we start a new for beginners and have some of the more experienced make a few comments on how to improve
6. would there be an interest from the eu players to try out one of the rp realms and make a petopia rp guild ?

i have mentioned point 6 in another tread but didn't seem to get a response so now im trying to see if i could maybe find a few that could ease my worrys and help the newb out once she starts also the rotten apples on one of those sites mentioned scared me to bits you really cant step to far beside the box before flaming starts if i understand what goes on there and omg so many invitations to cyber maybe the rumours are true `?

so i was hoping to find a few like minded newbies or oldies that wouldn't mind bringing a newbie in to rp my goal is to test it out thoroughly in game at some point this said i did attemt to join the tales of the hunt tread and then lost nerve afterwards cause i was in doubt if my description was good enough and how to start out in there its would seem wrong to just plot in my own story in the middle of the tale alredy unfolded.

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Re: Rp begginer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

I've never done much roleplay in WoW (I did a small roleplay with another girl who liked RP servers better but didn't like not having her mount; this was in the mount-at-30-for-waayy too much days); I'm a very experienced forum-based and email-based roleplayer, however, so I could likely apply a lot of that knowledge to WoW. I could roll a new character; I'm not sure if American players can roll on EU serves though.

If so, what would we be rolling? What sorts of roleplay are you fond of? I'm not too picky, cept obviously I don't cyber (bleugh) but you don't either xD If our playtimes match up*, I'd be happy to roleplay !

EST: 9:30-4:30, 8:00-11:00 are my possible times, though I have college work and don't play throughought; on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays I can stay up really quite late (1:00ish?) and play quite early in the morning but don't have as much daytime play.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

US accounts can't play on EU servers.

If you're interested in forum-RP, we have two very nice threads for that. Azu has also posted a very nice guide, that applies for both forum RP and in-game RP.

And yes, cybering does exist. There are different hotspots for that on different servers, but for example, stay out of Goldshire.

And as for your "bad acting", well, you'll never learn without trying! xD

Elitist RPers do exist, just ignore them. Follow the rules Azunara listed and you'll do fine. :)

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

@saturo so basically start with a horde toon so i dont run in to goldshire ?

as i said i do not feel comfortable pushing my self in to an already existing tread but i could ofc start a new for the beginners and for me to learn in if there is any interest in that from others or it would be kinda lonely

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I can't help much in-game RP, unfortunately. But I can give you a few further pointers.

1. Easy way to avoid these guys is like Saturo said. Usually, Goldshire and SMC are infamous, but again, like she said, this does vary per server. I avoid GS like the plague, yet I've seen some creepy stuff in SW in my time. It varies per server. If you suspect you have a cyber, just leave. No problems there. When asked why, just tell them you aren't interested in that type of RP. If they continue pestering you, /ignore is a lovely thing.

2. For storylines for your character, keep it simple. The shorter, the better, because it allows you to adapt and grow your storyline. For all of my characters, I have never had a concrete storyline before I went in, beyond, "Azunara's father is dead and her mother lives in Ashenvale as an experienced alchemist." That's it. All I knew about Azu's past. Now I can write a whole paragraph about her past, because RP with others developed Azu into what she is.
2b. For storyline patience, never be afraid to just say, ((Hey guys. This is going a bit slow, nothing's happening...Do you mind if we fast forward it a bit?)) That's what I suggested in the Tales of the Hunt thread, for example. Traveling is always not fun in a RP thread, as well as in-game, so don't be afraid to kick it along. Just make sure to ask others first.

3. Unfortunately I can't help much on in-game RP, but if you'd like to join an RP thread, a new one can be started up if needed, or you can hop into the Tales of the Hunt thread. It's still rather short compared to the other one, RotS, so you can still rather easily weave yourself into the story.

4. (Or 5.) Again, I recommend you make a quick RP description, label yourself as a beginner RP looking for criticism, and just RP in the middle of your most populated city. For example: Cenarion Circle's Alliance hot spot is SW trade district, across the AH and to the back of where the wine dude stands. People who perch there are likely RPers. When I sit there, I'll just RP a simple action that makes people curious as to why I did that. For Azu, it's like either, "/e sneezes." or "/e meows at the kitten beside her, who hisses in reply." Both have worked for me before.

Also, I suggest if your server doesn't have one...Get your friends together and make an RP channel! For example, CC has Ally and Horde ones that are successful, if quiet, and I've started up a smaller one once before that was successful, before we came up with a bigger one.

All I've got...I need to make smaller posts. D:
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

humm reads anzu's post several times humm oh now i get some of it ;)

i will try to start up a begginers tread my self and see if we cant get a few off you "oldies" to comment it here maybe ?

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azu, not Anzu. I am not a raven god. I'd be pretty cool if I were though. *imagines running around as a huge black raptor-raven.* *realizes this means she'd get farmed.* Nevermind. I'll stick with kitty druid Azu.

As for plots, in all seriousness though, don't be afraid to start simple. :D
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

ANZU!*kills* Where's my mount!? D:

I'm sure all of us awesome people would help. B)

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

Azunara wrote:Azu, not Anzu. I am not a raven god. I'd be pretty cool if I were though. *imagines running around as a huge black raptor-raven.* *realizes this means she'd get farmed.* Nevermind. I'll stick with kitty druid Azu.

As for plots, in all seriousness though, don't be afraid to start simple. :D

oops sorry :oops:

edit: okay i started out erm dont kill me okay im not entirely sure i did this right

and i did shamelesly steal the tales titel stuff from the other tread Tales of the initiate's

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

It's fine, I just like messing with people that make the mistake. I never mind it, I just find it highly amusing when they do it.

*falls over dead.*

Aww. Being Raven Lord isn't fun...
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

hmm think of all the rides you would give happy players on your back............................... on second thought nvm it must be painfull

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Anzu! Kill! :D

*kills again*

Hey, I'm gonna be a Sandstone drake, stuck carrying everyone around who's too lazy to get flying and for some reason wants up cliffs.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Raydex-of-the-dawn wrote:Anzu! Kill! :D

*kills again*

Hey, I'm gonna be a Sandstone drake, stuck carrying everyone around who's too lazy to get flying and for some reason wants up cliffs.

*looks at Azu, who happens to be an alchemist.*

Great. Not only will people kill me, they want me to turn into a dragon and carry them places. D:
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

get her to make you some pain killers for the back too

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm pretty new to forum/in-game RP myself. Being someone who likes to write stories in my spare time, RP's been something I've been wanting to try and since the community here at Petopia is awesome, I decided to start here. ^_^

Azu, I should go roll a toon on CC to come bug you. =P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Oh noes! D:
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

So i jumped at a try and have made a rp char on the eu server moonglade Nisheal Moonleaf a baby druid elf ofc (im such a sucker for the mystical elfs and the calm voices) if anyone happens to want to jump on the boat they are more than welcome and it would be great fun

also the tales of initiates seem to be getting on a bit slowly thou anyone that can point out a reason or fault of mine that this can be happening other than that people are already busy on the other forum rp treads ?

Cheers

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Tales of the Hunt's going a bit slowly right now too. I wouldn't worry about it too much. ^_^

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*blames RotS*

Well. That and RL. >.>
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I can't complain. RPing with you guys has actually given me reason to put Indigosa's story down on paper and start actually working on it instead of just saying I will. XD

[/center]