Tales of the initiate's

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Tales of the initiate's

Unread post by Aweena »

so to get started i decided to practice forum rp in this tread and there for i am starting a new tread and i am hoping we can evolve it a bit for all who wants to practice rp
the reasons are all listed here http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=6214 on why i think i need practice and as it is my tread ill start out my self with a few descriptions and locations

Name: Sylfina Moonbow

Race/Class:Night elf /Hunter

Physical Description:A normal sized elf, a few scratches always visible on her arms or hands right ear tip is missin the other seems broken or bend
her long braid has a silver tread woven in to it with a wooden crescent moon at the end a feathered bow is slung over her back and a taming rood is fastened to her belt.

Brief History (Optional):A youngster in the hunters guild newly initiated to start her training in the ways of the hunt she has her pet tigress with her a gift from her mother and father the day she chose her path she was not more than 50 years of age when she finally chose to become a huntress for her love of the wild

Brief Personality (Optional):A little naive not to confident and very shy of strangers all thou curiosity will almost always win after a bit.

Name:Sylfina

Sylfina looks nervously around her her cat is missing it has been gone for a bit and she cant seem to call it to her "dammit" she curses a bit under her breath they were supposed to be at the training camp by now suddenly a sentinel approaches her looking a bit angry "sylfina!" "yes sentinel moonbrook?" "i have found you cat it has devoured all my supplies for this week and is sleeping in the cooling cave" ohh no not again how much will i need to pay for it ?

Moonbrook softens up a little and answers just get her out of there and get to training i know you have a difficult pet to control ill find a way for you to work this mess off in here go talk to Ilthalaine once you have completed your classes for today.

Oh thank you ill go get my naughty cat right away im so sorry ill try to keep a better eye on her from now on.
sylfina rushes of and find her pet sleeping where the sentinel said damn you cat come here we need to train the cat lifts its head lazily and jawn's then gets up and nussles sylfinas leg silly cat why do you always eat all the fish and they walk off to go to class together

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Tales of the initiate's

Unread post by Azunara »

((Alright. First off, grammar could use work. Periods = <3. Quotations are pretty good too. Beyond that, your back story seems okay. Age I can't say much about, the time line is wonky. I usually avoid that mess altogether and just say young, but that's my personal preference. I just need to think of a character to use...))
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

Azunara wrote:((Alright. First off, grammar could use work. Periods = <3. Quotations are pretty good too. Beyond that, your back story seems okay. Age I can't say much about, the time line is wonky. I usually avoid that mess altogether and just say young, but that's my personal preference. I just need to think of a character to use...))
((english is not my main language but ill work on it even have a dictionary installed in my web browser for those pesky words))

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Ah. Wacky english. Gotta love it. If it makes you feel better, don't ever expect to have a coherent conversation in French with me. It'd go like this:

Person: *rattles off french.*
Me:...Er. Bonjour?
))
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Name: Sari
Class:Night elf /Hunter
Physical Description: A tall, lean hunter wearing mostly cloth (her riding gear for her wind serpent, who really can't carry her in mail). She has bright blue hair that she keeps tied back in a pony and her markings are the scratch-shaped ones.

Name: Carp
Class: Wind Serpent
Physical Description: A dark blue wind serpent; one of Sari's fishing teacher's pet's children. She has two sisters, Tilapia and Bass. Pretty bulky for a wind serpent, though she still can't fly too high when carrying anything.
Brief Personality: Happy-go-lucky, obnoxiously so. Probably raiding your inventory.

Initiates, not initiate's. Another few rules. New things characters say get their own paragraphs, and remember your BFFs - quotation marks! :D ))

"Carp, where are you..." Sari shouted. "We have lessons. Remember? And then we have to hunt boars. He wants them gone, and he's paying us, and paying is what keeps you fed. Lousy snake."

The wind serpent was hiding up in the tree, moping; someone had already stolen all the fish so she couldn't. Unlike Cat, she was pretty smart, but there wasn't a bite to eat!

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

((BFFs ???))

Name: Sylfina

Sitting down Quickly to make the least notices of her late arrival sylfina makes sure her cat is placed securely at her side and commands a stay
Looking around she notices she is not the only one to be late the teacher seems to be late as well "sigh what a relief at least your mischiefs didn't cost me extra hours in class today cat"
Cat looks up expectantly she loves training all thou she also loves teasing her mistress

"i really should find a name for you soon cat" "purr" "maybe once we do the quest we will find the right name for you together" "grumble" "sigh i really should start practising our communication remember what happened last i tried" Sylfina reaches for her missing ear tip growing distant for a moment then giggles a little to her self "at least you weren't so hungry after that" "huff growl"

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

((I'm a bit of a grammar/spelling Nazi so I don't want to offend you or anything, but I thought I'd offer you some help since you mentioned that English isn't your first language. I'll try to explain it as simply as I can.

First: Emotes should never be in quotation marks. I know that sounds kind of silly, but when you sigh or grumble, you don't say sigh and grumble. Also, when you go to start a sentence where the character will be speaking, you need some sort of punctuation intro. I'll use your post as my examples.

Looking around, she notices she is not the only one to be late; the teacher seems to be late as well. Sylfina sighs. "What a relief. At least your mischiefs didn't cost me extra hours in class today, Cat."

I hope this makes sense. I added some basic punctuation to make it read properly as well. I don't expect you (or anyone really, even I mess up from time to time XD) to always nail punctuation/perfect spelling, the English language is kind of a bitch.

Your second paragraph I had to read a couple of times because you have so many emotes thrown into quotes along with your character talking. The first word of each new sentence should always be capitalized, as well as the letter/word I. If "Cat" is your pet's temporary name, it should be capitalized whenever you speak to her/him directly.

Example: "I really should find a name for you soon, Cat,"Sylfina said wistfully. Cat purrs. "Maybe once we do the quest we will find the right name for you together." Cat grumbles to himself/herself and Sylfina sighs. "I really should start practising our communication. Do you remember what happened last time I tried?" Sylfina reaches for her missing ear tip, growing distant for a moment, and then giggles a little to herself. "At least you weren't so hungry after that." Cat huffs and gives a small little growl.

I added some flavor text to the emotes since our characters have emotions and they should show them more than just "he says" "she says" "Cat purrs". "Cat purrs contentedly." "Cat huffs grumpily." are a couple of basic examples of flavor text.

I hope this was somewhat helpful and didn't come off rude. I promise I did this with good intentions and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! ^_^

I'd bring one of my toons into this story, but no timeline was given and the only toon that I have basic development for that isn't involved in Tales of the Hunt is my worgen huntress.))

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

((humm that is my bad i am as i said a newbie at this but any char is welcome to jump in if they wish to and no it did not come off rude at all it is very useful pointers for me and i can only improve by being told what i do wrong all thou it will take me allot off time to learn to do it right as i do have add and do lose focus after a while))

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

((I'm glad it came off the way I meant it then. And practice makes perfect. :hug:
If nobody minds, I'll bring my worgen huntress in since a specific timeline wasn't given.))

Name: Xyrah Whiteheart (pronounced like Zy-ruh)

Race/Class: Worgen Huntress

Physical Description: Xyrah is average height for a worgen with solid black fur and minimal white facial markings. She is most commonly seen in comfortable clothing that allows her to hunt swiftly and silently, however, she will occasionally wear mail armor if she thinks the task at hand requires it. She wears a small necklace with her name engraved on it; it is worn and scratched, but the only memory of her parents she has. She is only ever seen with white pets, her most common companion a large, white cat with black spots.

Brief History: Shortly after returning from war, Xyrah was bitten by a worgen. No amount of medical help could save her and when the transformation occurred, she ravaged her parents--the only family she had. She lived in the wilds, along the outskirts of the towns for many years until the day she was caught. Humanity could still be seen within her and she was given a potion that enabled her to control her curse.

Brief Personality: Xyrah is very calm. She has come to grips with what she's become, although she refuses to forgive herself for the death of her parents.

((I'm going to start her off before she's obtained her normal cat companion.))

Xyrah--Darnassus

Xyrah looked dejectedly around the great tree the people of Gilneas, worgen and human alike, had been given in Darnassus. It made her sad every time she saw it, but the citizens of Gilneas seemed to be trying to do their best given their situation.

The cat had called to her in her dreams again; she knew he made his home somewhere in Teldrassil. Her former hunting mastiff, Brutus, had remained with her even after her transformation into beast, and he had given his life to save her from the humans who had captured her, convincing them she wasn't a mindless beast. She hadn't befriended another animal since then...but this cat kept appearing in her sleep, comforting her, explaining things to her, offering her a friend where she had none. Xyrah decided that it was fate that had brought her to the lands of the night elves.

She asked the locals in extremely broken common if they had heard of a cat with white fur like snow with black spots. They told her he was an elusive cat that strayed around the forests of Teldrassil with a temper mean enough to take out three warriors. They laughed when she said she wanted to find him. Xyrah ignored their laughter and made her way out of Darnassus and into the forests of Teldrassil in the hopes of finding her dream cat.

((Sorry for the long post. >_< My hunter's intended to sort of represent Yin and Yang.))

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

Sylfina--Shadowglen

Classes finally over Sylfina and Cat took on the work Ilthalaine gave them, sighing slightly at Cat Sylfina decided to maybe give the training of communication another go, sitting down in front off Cat Sylfina whispered "don't be nervous" More to herself than to Cat.

Concentrating hard she started the connection, Flashes of images soon bombarded her inner vision she knew very well that it was Cat teasing her again, Sighing she focused harder and send out a question "what would you like for breakfast?" waiting a bit still concentrating hard she got a little surprised when Cat actually stopped teasing and sent her and image of a big juicy fish "good girl now what is your name?" Cat hesitated a bit then sent an image of her self and a moon "Catmoon?" Cat sent a growl out as if a laugh, Sylfina giggled a little to almost losing the connection then focused again "How about i give you a name and you agree to it" she asked Cat huffed her approval "How about Moonclaw ?" Cat gave a angry hiss "okay okay don't bite my head off" Sylfina giggled "Mania then?" Cat purred and approval while nudging Sylfinas face "okay we found a name now that is good lets get back to hunting those boars" A little exited that she had finally made contact Sylfina jumped up at a birds sudden scream,

looking around she saw that it was just one of the wild sabercats that had caught its dinner sighing again she walked off calling Mania the formerly Cat to her and the bond seemed to be stronger now as Mania didn't even try to tease by running the opposite way

((sorry long post but i am trying really hard to work this out and i went over it several times to make sure it seemed right with grammar and so on))

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sari and Carp - Shadowglen

"Carp, get down from there!" Sari shouted. It had taken her all day to find the poor serpent, and she'd had to hurry through her work - doing it miserably -to get the time to find her. "You're hungry, aren't you? How about we find the girl with the cat? She might have some fish we could borrow. No pay today cause I did miserable without your help."

The wind serpent hissed and wrapped around her - the creature was quite long. "Well, okay," it replied.

((power out at my house cause of snow, no internet till now~ D8 Are our characters friends, then? Since they're in the same class I assume they know each other.

Your grammar is much better! I hate grammar, it's so confusing :/ ))

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

((I'm so weird, I like grammar and stuff, but then again, I spend a lot of time writing stories. XD))

Xyrah--Teldrassil

Xyrah ventured into the forests where the spotted white cat was rumored to be. She wore nothing more than basic leather armor that would allow her to move swiftly and silently. She carried a pack with plenty of supplies should this hunt take days. Hunting for her own food was always an option, but she didn't like the taste of spiders and Xyrah had a feeling her dream cat wouldn't want to show himself if she killed his brethren.

[/center]
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

Sylfina and Mania--Shadowglen

After the hunting Sylfina decided it was time to move on while following the road out of the protected zone off shadowglen she meet a worried looking man "Greetings, young Hunter. Can you offer me aid? I have a package of herbs that I must deliver to the town of Dolanaar. But I still have business with the druids of Shadowglen and cannot yet leave."

Sylfina thought about it for a moment then nodded "sure i can help you" The man smiled relived handing her a package

"Can you deliver this package for me? It must be sent to Innkeeper Keldamyr, at the Dolanaar inn. It lies along the road, to the south." Sylfina accepted the package it smelled wonderfully of flowers and herbs putting it in one of her bags she nodded a goodbye and went on her way,

suddenly she stopped up having a nagging feeling she had forgotten something looking at Mania she sat down, focusing she sent "Mania? Did you see others when you raided the fish stock?" Mania huffed a little surprised Sylfina would bring that up again then said "I did see a big snake with wings" not having heard of wind serpents before that was as close Mania could come to a description,
Laughing a little Sylfina answered "Ahh you meet a wind serpent i think i heard of it before lets wait here and see if she wont come this way with her master soon" Mania groweled a little displeased she didn't like being laughed at and she never liked to wait for others,

Sylfina set up camp found some nearby owls and hunted their nests for some egg's finding some tough jerky from the boar hunt she started roasting it a bit, Mania soon started getting way to cuddly "all right" Sylfina said and gave her a big piece, Snatching the meat in a hurry Mania settled down and licked it contentedly, Sylfina began to hum a tune she had learned from her mother once and Mania soon fell asleep on her dinner,

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Name: Azunara Wildheart
Class:Night elf / Druid
Physical Description: Looks rather like your average night elf. She has silvery white hair. She wears a necklace that has a silver crescent moon hanging from it.
Personality: Azunara is still young, and it shows in her poor choicemaking. She rarely thinks before she acts. Nevertheless, she's very trusting, kind of naive, and easily manipulated. In the future, this has gotten her into trouble.
History: Her father was killed, and her mother is still alive in Ashenvale, as a skilled alchemist. ((This, in my mind, is before most of Azu's history, hence why I don't say anything.))

Snickering, a white feline darted through the woods, dodging and ducking one of the night elves stuck chasing her. They'd have to catch her first! And the only really fun training was shapeshifting. She was the best at that. Everything was else, especially healing. She hated healing. So, she continued running, grinning brightly.
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

((Azu's still using Azu? xD I just made up an elf for this one, a far-future one for me since Carp is one of Deadlock's kids (they're Mari, Kaido, Carp, Bass, Squid, Tilapia, Tinny, and Rin. Mari and Rin are twins, Kaido and Tinny are twins, Tilapia, Bass, and Carp are triplets, Tinny and Squid are twins, in clutch order - this would likely be before Squid and Tinny. Deadlock tends to actually have more normal-sized clutches (which would be larger), she simply can't tend to them as she travels. Unlike Raydex, she's actually very careful withher drinking, though.) xD))

Sari and Carp
Shadowglen

"I'm hungry," Carp pouted. "Where is she?" The wind serpent took flight, flighing in circles just over Sari's head.

"Well, see anything?" Sari asked.

"Ayup! She's over there!" The wind serpent dashed forwards, dragging Sari with its tail; Sari sighed. It didn't take long of the pair to reach the huntress and her sleeping friend.

"Excuse me, but do you have any fish we could borrow? Bread would be okay, too, and my fishing teacher said she'd eat cheese (I'm a bit dubious on that one) but Carp is hungry and she spent all day hiding, so I missed most of lessons to look for her."

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Aweena »

Sylfina and Mania--Shadowglen

Looking up not as surprised as she should be Sylfina giggled a little "yes i do have some left over fish from yesterday you can have them Mania here" nodding her head at the sleeping tigress Sylfina smiled big and warm "Already told me she saw your wind serpent when she raided the sentinels stock of dried fish" Handing over a larger bundle of cloth with fish wrapped in it Sylfina asked "Do you want some herb baked egg's for your own belly? i have plenty i found a few large nests that wouldn't have sustained that many babies, i also have some jerky but Mania might wake up and claim those she is quite the eater"

Throwing another dead branch in the fire she waited for the other huntress to answer and looked at Mania with adoring eyes smiling again at the accomplishment from earlier.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Well, yeah. Couldn't think of anything, and Azu has always been my predominant character. I love my crazy druid kitty. ))

Azunara
Shadowglen

Azunara crouched low in the bushes, snickering. The unfortunate druid sent after her was calling her name, yelling, "Azunara! Get out here! Master won't be very happy with you!" He warned, and Azunara stayed where she was. The boy, Kranan, was a novice at shapeshifting, unlike her. At best, he could pull off claws and ears with full effort. She could turn into a full feline, and it made her proud. Then again, the boy mastered calling upon the moon's power. "Fine! Get into trouble! See if I care!"

Azunara watched him stalk back into the woods and hopped out, grinning brightly. She smelled fire and food, and followed the scent, dropping low to the grass and stalking forward.
Kira
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Kira »

(( I don't suppose Azu would mind a fellow crazy kitty joining in? I've been looking for a way to work on Cosis' character but my server..she is lacking the rpness. ))

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((Azu would love more crazy kitties! xD))
Kira
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Kira »

Name: Cosis
Class: Night Elf Druid (Feral)
Physical Description: Average height for a female, soft pink almost purple tinted skin. Her hair is an odd bright blue, and the claw tattoo's on her eyes are of the same colour. She can usually be found in leathers, sure to be form fitting. However, she sends most of her time in her feral form of a cat. In this her fur is a darkish purple colour.
Brief Personality: Snappy, a little high strung, and sometimes quick to anger. She does have a soft side, mostly to animals, other druids, and children.
History: A bit older than a child, Cosis had a full name once, but she was reduced to a single definition of a name after a certain...situation. She no longer has a family, or one that would speak to her, so she spends most of her time wandering. She lost two of her closest, and only, friends recently, so she's still a bit sore at heart.

---

The dark purple nose rose to the air and gave a great sniff before it moved down and sniffed once again. It caught the scent of a fire, elves, pets and food. It kept sniffing and twitching as the form behind it moved silently through the brush. Friend or foe, the figure could no longer be sure, but the rumble of a stomach made it clear that for once, it did not care.

Bright eyes peered from the brush once close enough, taking in the group that was there. Hunters. And Pets. Hopefully kind, but then again...staying in the bush for now, that was the best thing to do. Yes, it would be foolish to-Oh for the love of Elune! The tree that had just been so kindly disturbed by the form hitting it held something evil in it's branches, and they were not pleased.

The Druid, still feral in form, lept from the bush and rushed toward the fire and smoke, a trail of bee's behind them.

(( Yep...trying to be serious..and I still end up with a silly intro...go me! ))

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.