The Blood Games

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

The Blood Games

Unread post by Azunara »

There was a brief silence, for once. The leaves on the trees whistled, shifting in the breeze. There was the soft sound of a river, burbling, fed into a lake. The forest was quiet, tranquil. And that was about to change.

Looking from the bars of her cage, the dewgong studied the forest. She was battered and bruised from earlier when she had tried to escape her holding cell, and now she could finally see what was going on. There was a soft hum, filling the air as a voice crackled over loudspeakers embedded in various objects; trees, rocks, plant debris, hidden from eyes.

“Release them. Begin the Games.”

The bars to her cell opened, and the dewgong tumbled out, wincing. Simultaneously, a pidgeot, a nidoking, a beedrill and a ninetales were released, all of them dazed. The dewgong tried to get a bearing on her surrounding, hearing noises from the east as two things took to the sky. Up there and in sight of each other, the two winged pokemon fought, tearing at each other. Inevitably, the beedrill fell to the earth, but the dewgong couldn’t tell what happened from there. She just heard a louder buzz, and then everything grew quiet again.

“Water.” She said to herself. She made her way to the source of the water when a blast of heat hit her. She squeaked in pain and fired a jet of water at her attacker, the ninetales. It shrieked in pain, shaking off its wet fur and radiating heat. However, it quickly found itself frozen, and gave a low howl of anger as the dewgong scrambled away.

Minutes later, she heard heavy thuds and shattering of ice, then a sharp whine of pain, judging from the ninetales. The buzz occurred again. The dewgong continued her mad dash for the water, only to find the nidoking and the pidgeot had teamed up. They whirled on the dewgong, launching attacks. She whined, freezing the bird. The nidoking however grabbed her by the flippers and flung her into a tree, shattering it. She gave a sharp cry of pain, stunned. The now unfrozen pidgeot tore at her with talons, and she tried to retaliate in vain, calling out for family that wouldn’t respond.

The last thing the dewgong would hear was a low buzz, and her last vision would be of the nidoking and pidgeot fighting.

---

Watching, men called out numbers, shouting raucously. “All of my money on the nidoking!” One would cry, but he would quickly be drowned out by another man shouting, “No! My fortune! That ninetales! How? The odds were in my favor!” and he would be followed up by cheers of victory as the pidgeot emerged triumphant over the nidoking.

“And the winner is Tarin the Pidgeot! Fora the Ninetales, Tus the Beedrill, and Marvin the Nidoking were Eliminated, and Aurora the Dewgong was Annihilated. Bets for the next skirmish occur within the hour, and stay tuned for the Blood Games Special: The Blood Match!” The voices continued shouting, some in victory, some in defeat. While this happened, other people placed bets and initiated trades for pokemon, arguing over values. And furthermore, more and more pokemon were captured and brought for the Blood Games.

Once more, silence fell upon the arena as the Eliminated were collected, still alive, barely. As for the Annihilated? They burned the body to ashes, carelessly tossing the dewgong's body into flames.

((The beginning post is never important...And I'm tired....*desperately justifies the crap post. D:*))
Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Re: The Blood Games

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

((D: Nuuuu! Aurora! D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: *Dies inside slightly*))

((... *Is gonna wait for others to post before doing so herself*))
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((*Was also waiting.*

*...is a sadistic, horrible, horrible person.*

*Thought this was a brilliant way to not have to deal with Aurora.* *gets murdered for it.* Carry on.))
Senna-Umbreon

((Poor Aurora... Ghost is not gonna be happy if she finds out about that >.>

... *Still waiting for people to post*))
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

A Garchomp stood in a cage hissing. He was irate at his predicament. He sighed, "Olivia....". The Garchomp, Jaws, missed his love dearly.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

((Aww gosh not auroua that was one of my favorite charries..well at least I still have the original one still on pokefarms))

A rankurusu watched the bodies burn from its own cell, its dark eyes setting on the fire with a scowl "Stupid thing wasn't going to last long anyway!" using it's psychic abilitys it scratched a another line on the wall 1 year and 5 days... it was then interrupted by the stupid little charmander it had to share a cell with "y'know kid....why dont you be more like me and NOT GIVE A DAMN AT WHO DIES!"

-------------

A charmander clinging to the bars of its cell watched, as the dewgong was burned it whined letting out yet another sobbing cry "I-I don't want this! I- I WANT MOMMY!" the screamed out huddling in the corner, after it was yelled it it only cried even more
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Aanjay paced in her small office overlooking the arena, watching it get cleaned up after the latest match. It thrilled her to see so many people coming to watch and bet on the winners - people were taking more of an interest in these games than they were in typical Pokemon colosuem games! She smiled to herself, reaching out to absently stroke Soothsayer's head. The huge Arbok hissed calmly in response.
Perhaps, she mused, her business partner would come soon. They had to talk about moving that Pidgeot up in the ranks.

An electivire looked around at the cages around him, stuck in one himself. He seemed extremely calm, sitting down and gazing around. Covalent's eyes fell on Jaws and he briefly wondered why he recognized the Garchomp.

((Still haven't decided if Buzzard has been captured or not. Depends on what other characters are in the Games.
Edit - also, off for the night.))
Last edited by Lupis on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Senna-Umbreon

((*Is unable to post until the non-captured Pokemon have shown up in some way or another, due to not having any Pokemon who have been captured* Well, this is going nowhere for me! XD))
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

((*Resurfaces from the pools of time wasting that is the internet* D: ))

A Scyther rattled his long claw up against the bars of his cell, a bored frown on his face.
*cling, cling, cling, cling.... cling, cling, cling, cling.*
Renten growled to himself, gnawing at the bars of his cage for a few seconds with his teeth, the metal poles already marked my many such indentations. He buzzed his wings, looking about at the other captured pokemon.

Magnakilro

Back at a large house near an abandoned town, Chomp, a Feraligatr and his friends sat watching tv.

A character appeared onscreen talking to another.

"Are you Mr Wang?"

"Yeah...I'm Detective Wang..."

"Oh.....Can I touch you?"

Then a random character in the background yelled, "HAH! IT IS FUNNY BECAUSE WANG MEANS PEN`" Suddenly, "WE INTERRUPT THIS COCK JOKE WITH A BREAKING NEWS ANNONCEMENT!"
Kira
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Kira »

Deep purple eyes stared hard at the sight of the burning body. The white fur around them seemed brighter in the darkness, the brilliant green oddly dull compaired to it. A dull thud sounded as their tail slammed into the ground, denting the cage he was in, yet again. The sound of a familiar voice made him switch his gaze, eyes blinking. "Jaws?"

--

"I told you that Pidgeot was going places Aanjay." A teasing voice floated over to the woman and her Arbok. "Time to bump him up to the next bracket. If we keep this up, we'll have to add another tier!" A pleased laugh came from the pale woman as she walked over to her business partner. Her Mismagius floated several inches behind her, seeming to smile.

Dragon Cave

Please help my Pokemon hatch

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Awesome Avi done by Moonlost!
Equally Awesome Siggy by Kamalia.
Magnakilro

Jaws perked up, "Who's there?"
Senna-Umbreon

((Oh dear Arceus, the shows that these guys watch... XD))

"Why do the shows that we watch ALWAYS end up getting interupted by news announcements?! They usually aren't even GOOD news announcements, are Ho-Oh's sake!!!!!" An Umbreon said, lashing her tail back and forth.
Kira

Unread post by Kira »

"How in the name of Arceus did they capture You?" The figure moved closer to the bars, frowning. Remi looked fully grown now, a bit shorter than his father had been but not by much. Bruises and a few scratches littered his body. "I never thought that they would managed to get you.."

Dragon Cave

Deviant Art, enjoy!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

((I can see Lyra and Rust being great friends. xD))

Sitting next to Ghost was a small dark furred blur. The yaneevee watched the show, confused, head tilted. "Wha's going on now?" She asked. Solara meanwhile was close enough, watching the woods carefully. Humans edged closer and closer every day, and it worried the psyceon.
Last edited by Azunara on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnakilro

Pinsir appeared on screen, "Greetings everyone! Pinsir here with an announcement....we have recieved a new member on the news team! Please say hello to....CIRO!!!!.....here's Ciro with the story!"

-----

Jaws sighed, "I let myself be captured....they were gonna take Olivia...and I wasn't letting that happen..."
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

*clingclingclingclingclinglcling*
Renten growled again. He could hear the others talking and it was starting to annoy him. Their inane little prattle.
"Don't think they haven't gotten your little mate yet. They're probably keeping her in a little cell appart for us, sending her to fight alone." He grinned to himself. Maybe this could get interesting.
Last edited by Moonlost on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senna-Umbreon

Ghost flicked her tail, "No idea, to be hon--" She stopped as the news report came on, "Oh look, it's Pinsir! And Ciro!!" She said, grinning.

Nearby, two other Pokemon were talking, one being a grey and blue Umbreon-like thing, and the other being a yellow and blue Jolteon-like thing. "I wanna go play!!" The Joltos said, huffing slightly, "Come on! Pweaaaaaase?" She whined, looking up at her brother, who let out a small sigh. "I wanna watch the news!" He replied, "I'll play with you later!"

"But... PLEASE?"

"I said later! Meep..." Rust said, mimicking his sister's huff, then turned and scampered over to his mom.

"YOU'RE NO FUN!!!!!!!!!!" Copper yelled, glaring after her brother. She did, however, follow Rust and sit down next to him and Ghost. "Stupid news..."
Magnakilro

A rampardos laid curled up next to Ghost Girl. A crack was visible on his dome shaped head. His name was Ironskull.

He began tickling Copper with his tail.
Kira

Unread post by Kira »

Remi shot the Scyther a bit of a glare, his eyes flaring blue. It seemed to happen a lot lately. "Don't listen to him Jaws. I'm sure Olivia got away in time."

---

Ciro appeared on the screen, smiling and wagging his tail. He had a little tie around his neck, and looked completely adorable. "Thanks Pinsir! It's great to be working with you, and helping everyone know what's going on! I hope I can live up to everyone that was doing this before I was!"

Dragon Cave

Deviant Art, enjoy!