Looking for an RP realm

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Re: Looking for an RP realm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I play on Kilrogg EU occationally too .. but I kinda got bored since I have a hard time making friends.

I too would be interested in hearing about peoples experiences playing on European RP realms as I've only played abit on US rp realms.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Nefretiti wrote:I play on Kilrogg EU occationally too .. but I kinda got bored since I have a hard time making friends.

I too would be interested in hearing about peoples experiences playing on European RP realms as I've only played abit on US rp realms.
:D Horde or Alliance? I've become a lot more bolder and usually tend to just pick a person on the spot to talk to (in most cases it's hunters and usually considering rare spawns and the conversation tend to get lengthy ^_^ ). :P I can't seem to be able to do that on an RP realm though.. Not sure how it's different but, /kek.

But aye, experiences! We'd love to hear about them. :)
Nefretiti

so far alliance but I have a horde or two on there.
Im deathly shy so I usually end up playing on my own for an hour before growing bored and loggin ><

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Feath3r wrote:if you're looking for RP you go to Wyrmrest or Moonguard or you don't RP.
^

This. Based on what I've seen and heard.

But don't go to Moon Guard's Goldshire. That is all.

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ryno wrote:
Feath3r wrote:if you're looking for RP you go to Wyrmrest or Moonguard or you don't RP.
^

This. Based on what I've seen and heard.

But don't go to Moon Guard's Goldshire. That is all.
Thats why i said if you avoid Goldshire or Elwynn in general, it's good rps.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nefretiti

I made a character on Wyrmrest but I dont know what I want to rp as .. I love hunter but I've played one for so long .. maybe it is time for something different .. but what? ><

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Just by watching some good RP going on in Goldshire I happened to stumble into starting some of my own with someone who thought my wolf was going to attack him. XD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

For US servers, like any others have said here, it's either Moon Guard of Wyrmrest Accord for RP.

Moon Guard has a higher population, more and better progressed end game guilds, and more random RP. However, that random RP you find almost everywhere is lacking in quality. You need to pick and choose. Avoid the bad RPers, like those in Goldshire. *shudders*

Wyrmrest Accord, on the other hand, is a lower population server, less end game guilds, and random RP can be a bit harder to find. However, most random RP you will find is much better quality. Even their Goldshire is quiet most of the time (that I've seen, but I don't have alliance on WA).

Best thing is to make characters on both servers and just try them out yourself.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I was actually kind of surprised how tame the RP in Goldshire was today on WA. I rolled an Alliance over there to play with Lupis and ran into some random RP.

Also, are there any recommended RP addons?

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by erwil »

MyRolePlay and flagRSP2 are the ones I'm using.

Also, Argent Dawn is pretty full so I don't think I could make my mains transfer there even if I wanted to. :( I'm kind of leaning towards Moonglade or SWC at the moment.

Ran into a raiding guild of "don't even mention RP when I'm around" on SWC. >.> Well sir, wrong server I'm afraid.
Why do people transfer to RP servers in the first place if they've got -0 interest in it?
Nefretiti

I may stalk you to either of those realms on my euro account ^^ .. I did some RP in the past on Feathermoon US .. I was lucky and found a small guild heavily into general rp and I was there with a close friend so it was alot of fun.
I miss it alot but I dont know if I can ressurect my characters there. its been too long so I may tough it out on Wyrmrest for abit .. see how things go.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by erwil »

I think it'd be worth trying. :)
I do occasional loops on the Alliance side in SWC in Stormwind, but it might change if my Hordelings decide to enter the realm. I'd really like to hear if anyone plays on Moonglade, about your experiences. I've so far heard good things about the server, but not had much time to play there myself.
Last edited by erwil on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

erwil wrote:flagRSP2
^

I use this one myself, hehe.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:I was actually kind of surprised how tame the RP in Goldshire was today on WA. I rolled an Alliance over there to play with Lupis and ran into some random RP.

Also, are there any recommended RP addons?
Most of Moon Guard uses MyRolePlay. I love it. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

WRA used to use FlagRPS mostly, but it's switched to either both FlagRPS and MRP or just MRP. I've started using only MRP myself.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

WrA Alliance, here. Our Goldshire is very tame compared to other RP realms. That level of crazy RP usually happens at the Pig and Whistle in Stormwind, but even then.... it's still VERY tame. XD Cathedral District is a hot spot, but just wandering through SW, you WILL run into random RP everywhere at all hours of the day/night. If I decide to walk my character to the stable master instead of fly, more often than not someone will try to interact with me. And it's a great server to just sit back and "people watch." Advertising that you are an RPer helps a lot - I use MRP to set flags for myself. Joining a guild will certainly help out getting quality RP, especially if you're on the shy side, but you can still find it very easily if unguilded.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I was pleasantly surprised at how tame Goldshire was compared to what I've seen on other servers. XD
It definitely is fun to people watch and get a feel for how things work.

[/center]
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

In terms of EU servers, Argent Dawn (or Defias Brotherhood, a PvPRP server) really is your best bet for Horde-side RP. While quantity isn't quality, I've shimmied across Steamwheedle, Sha'tar and the Moonglade, but have yet to see any public horde RP around (unless I'm checking at the wrong times, eek!). :( Some's better than none at all!

And a transfer to populated realms is possible! Just do it when the realm's not listed as 'locked', which is usually in the afternoons/mornings/night.

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by erwil »

Vasken wrote:In terms of EU servers, Argent Dawn (or Defias Brotherhood, a PvPRP server) really is your best bet for Horde-side RP. While quantity isn't quality, I've shimmied across Steamwheedle, Sha'tar and the Moonglade, but have yet to see any public horde RP around (unless I'm checking at the wrong times, eek!). :( Some's better than none at all!

And a transfer to populated realms is possible! Just do it when the realm's not listed as 'locked', which is usually in the afternoons/mornings/night.
I'm extremely shy person when it comes to random RP, but Silvermoon seems to have a decent amount of RP on Moonglade. I have not yet checked any other places though. On Argent Dawn, I kept running into these random "RP lol" people quite often (I assume the reason the server in question so populated is because it's the very first realm on the list). >.> Apparently some of them have made their way to Steamwheedle now with the free server transfer (at least according to all the QQ I've seen on trade one the alliance side). I still don't quite understand why players who're not interested in RP or "hate" it, roll a toon on an RP server in the first place.

But we'll see how this goes. Right now I've got quite hooked in on leveling a new priest on Moonglade, but we'll see how long that lasts, if I can't cough up the courage to talk to people. :P

Also.. What's WRA again? :o
Last edited by erwil on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

WRA = Wyrmrest Accord server I believe. :)