A Question on Characters

Should we limit a number of characters per RP?

Yeah, I think we should. It gets really confusing.
85%
No, do not do this! It's not fair, and limits me.
15%

Total votes: 13

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: A Question on Characters

Unread post by Azunara »

Nah, we'll take you in. :D

Who wants to go up against two awesome death knights, a bronze in disguise, a wacky cat, a not-so-wacky- but awesome night elf who was wintersaber form and a skilled priestess?

We rock.
Kamalia
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Hehe, that was EXACTLY what I thought on the Alliance city issue when scrolling through it. Sure would have been amusing to see them attempt to masquerade as Steamwheedle goblins, considering one of them has a pretty thick Bilgewater accent.

I've got quite of bit of free time tomorrow, so I might as well read up on it and see if I can wedge them in. Plus I'll know your characters a bit better if they make a comeback in another thread should I not get a chance to participate in TotH.

As for healers... well, one of 'em is a Shaman. Though not a particularly good one. :lol:

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Ooh! OOh! I know who wants to go up against them!
A lightning wolf and his troll puppet, a newly-fire poison brewing mage, and probably Rose if her life is actually the one in danger!
Hey, they'll take a shaman. >.> Does he like money?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Azu will eat Dalinda up. She almost did it once by herself, and she'll do it again. Except this time she'll have Kozri. And Decay. And Alarial and Luare and Indi.

Bring it.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Kamalia wrote:Looks good to me. From what it looks like everyone will be happy to some extent. :)
For the new RP, so far all I've got is Julius and two new characters. I might add more as we go, like an antagonist once I know what their goal is, what they're like, ect.

As for TotH... man, I am so sorely tempted to join in. However, I've only gone through a few pages of the thread and I don't have much of an idea of what's going on. Also the characters I want to roleplay are both Goblins and they don't quite fit in yet in terms of timeline.
Ah, well. A new thread will pop up eventually and then I can get a chance to introduce my little green money-grubbers. <3
Firstly, Everyone who knows of the next plot wants to play an antagonist, which is awesome. They should prove to be amazingly fun and amg, can't wait to get this new thread started.

Second, Hmm, hard choosing what characters to g. Baaz, Venin and Venin's cub to be sure. Two antagonists, with one appearing much, much later in the story. I do want a fresh character, but I'm not sure... I do have a character who'll be infulencing the plot, but other than a few things he'll be keeping to the sidelines. Hmm.

Thirdly, I may do the same as you Kam and wait for the next WoW themed RP to pop up. My swave, sarcastic blood elf rogue can wait for a while. :P

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'm ready to start it whenever you are, Moon. I suggest we put up another poll now that we have this issue worked out.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Argh, no, not yet! xD
Can I suggest starting it on Saturday or Sunday? >.< Start up a Sign In now, and the RP later. Sorry, my own greedy reasons. (Fencing on Friday, takes most of the afternoon. Forgot about that... Messes up D&D time too.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*nods.* Eh, yeah. Soonish is good. But I think midterms for everyone (But Sat, I believe? Crazy.) have rolled by. I wouldn't mind a sign up nowish so I can put my idea down before it moves away.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Aye. I agree with Lupis. I can pop up the sign in sheet, but we'll save the actual RP for sunday or later. Gives us time to wrap up the christmas special, get D&D out of the way and other misc. stuff that may need to be taken care of.
I also need a little time to finish up some other info for the antagonists. mostly backstory to help with character creation, nothing too major, shouldn't take me more than a half hour.

Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Does he like money?
Do bees like honey? Do fish like water? Do lumberjacks like axes? :lol:

But yes. I'll see how it goes. I'd prefer to start in a fresh thread, but I'm not too sure how long it will take for one to pop up. We'll see, I suppose.

A sign up sounds excellent.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Moonlost wrote:Aye. I agree with Lupis. I can pop up the sign in sheet, but we'll save the actual RP for sunday or later. Gives us time to wrap up the christmas special, get D&D out of the way and other misc. stuff that may need to be taken care of.
I also need a little time to finish up some other info for the antagonists. mostly backstory to help with character creation, nothing too major, shouldn't take me more than a half hour.
Eeeeee. *waits impatiently.*

*lurks forums like...a Forum Hunter. That's a title I want. Forum Hunter or Forum Stalker. *shrugs.**
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Did I ever tell anyone that I love playing the antagonist? I think I have. Many times.
I love playing the antagonists. Especially if there are people to plot with.
Almost all of my RotS characters were/are antagonists. 2/3 of my TotH characters are antagonists.
My new RP characters will be almost all antagonists.
Our ultimate downfall is necessary, of course. /sigh.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Well, that's good. Balances out the people that can't play an antagonist to save their life. *coughcoughcoughmecoughcough*

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Hehe.

And I agree. The antagonists never win. I want an RP, just for once, where they do. *mourns the Dusk.*
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I've always been tempted to write a story where the bad guy wins. :lol:

I've been debating about starting a new WoW RP thread, but wouldn't have a clue what to make it about. >_>
The last one that got started got abandoned pretty quickly.

And peeps, don't be afraid to join TotH! :D There's only like four of us active (part of the reason I might bring more characters in), so having more people wouldn't be a bad thing. :lol:

It really does have a simple plot line right now. The main group's trying to kill the cultists (even though Azu told us we couldn't kill characters >_>), and the cultists are trying to kill them. (And our bad guys would definitely love a healer. ;) )

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I would really enjoy that - but I don't think the majority of the other people in the RP would. xD
Ah well, I'll sacrifice my characters for the fun of playing them on the antagonist side.

If we do make another WoW RP thread, I'll definitely join that. As an antagonist, no doubt. >.> It's a curse, I say!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

It's not my fault I love all your guys characters!

And you'd all kill me if I killed Kozri off. Especially Decay. She'd massacre me, then bring me back, then kill me again, then bring me back, THEN kill me again, then find some way to bring Kozri back. And I'm sure Luare wouldn't be happy if I killed Azu.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Bad people are fun! :lol:
I look forward to completing Valnara's story and unleashing her upon a WoW RP, the results should be amusing. I like RPing Rose as well, I didn't think RPing a hunter would be fun, but it is. XD

I wonder what a good WoW RP would be to start. :idea:

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I could help you think up som- *hit on the head with a spanish textbook* Alright, alright, I'll study my vocab...
*Whispers* If you want any ideas, or you want to bounce ideas off someone... *Hit on the head again* Okay! Okay!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Teehee. We should start trying to bounce ideas off one another...and you should study for Spanish. =P

[/center]