WoW RP Thread Ideas

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

WoW RP Thread Ideas

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I don't want to derail Azu's topic anymore so I figured I'd start a new thread where we could bounce ideas off of each other for a new WoW RP thread.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: WoW RP Thread Ideas

Unread post by Azunara »

Ironically, I usually derail any thread I come across anyways, so it was inevitable.

That said...uhm...

What about one where it's Aspects vs. everyone else? *shrugs.*
Moonlost
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

I had an idea a while back.

Basically it's AV, but it gets locked away from the rest of the world as some force starts to take over. Was originally set during the LK invasion event before WotLK, with a huge necropolis sitting in the middle of the Field of Strife, but we could easily change it to the Twilight Hammer with one of their elemental gate thingies.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Azu, how would the Aspects one work? The red and bronze dragonflights (and the blue soon I imagine) have been helping the mortal races, it seems silly that they would suddenly go to war with them.

Moonlost, I'm not sure I fully understand how that would work. They would be stuck in an alternate universe or something? So no access to Azeroth or anything? Seems strange to me, but I'm also still fairly new to RP and it could just be from a lack of fully understanding how that would work.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

*Totally rips off of a storyline that went on with my old tribe*

Twilight Cultists are creating elementally infused beasts to control and send against their enemies. Plague corehounds, fire hyenas, light and shadow owls, ect. These beasts are owned by "hunters", who can be any class that can control said element. Fire mages would be surrounded by a pack of fire beasts, etc. \
They start hunting down lone travelers at first to test out their pets, then start attacking small settlements. As they create more of these creatures, they need more power - which is conveniently supplied by anyone who has an elemental power, extracted from them by a ritual. It leaves the victim drained of most energy, half-alive, and empowers the creature gaining the energy.
Hunters are also being captured to experiment with Spirit Bonds.

Old idea that a friend and I came up with.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

There's Infinite. I've always seen the Infinite as the darker side of the Bronzes. And I think it's a valid point Nozzy is leader of the Infinite. So...Bronze are next on the insane block, if you ask me. That said, I say Infinite would have some part. That didn't help at all, huh?
Moonlost

Hmm, it's more like Alterac Valley has been blockaded. The invading force, be that Scourge or Cultist or whatever, have some sort of barrier around to prevent escape while they take over the valley for themselves. Frostwyrms or Dragons patrol the skies to ensue that nobody gets in or out. Finding a way to send word back to Org/SW is one of the obstacles to overcome, aong with finding some way to create a temporary truce between the alliance and horde to repel the invading force.

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Humm. The only thing I don't like about your idea, Moon, is the barrier. I dislike getting penned in a certain area. Being able to explore around, go to cities and towns, different areas, ect. is one of the things I like most about roleplay. Of course, that's just my humble opinion. :)

I must say I like your idea, Lupis. Maybe we could possibly integrate some of Moon's ideas in there, too?
Maybe... packs of cultists are stationed in areas near major cities. Say, a patrol route every several miles, though far enough away from the capital to keep from rousing too much suspicion. For example, say the group is trying to get to Orgrimmar. Cultists will be patrolling the Barrens, parts of Azshara, Ashenvale, and the oceans around the city. Their job is to take down anyone who is trying to send a message to the capital city. So we still can go with Moon's idea of one obstacle being to get the word to a capital city.
I hope that makes some sense. >_>;

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I was kind of feeling the same about Moon's idea as Kamalia. It seems odd that we would be trapped and limited to one area. To me it feels like more of an in game PvP type occurrence than something a story would happen in, but that's just me and it's probably from how used to TotH I've gotten (TotH has no set in stone storyline and we just kind of float around and do as we please, which is probably why it hits slow points XD).

Lupis' idea could be interesting, but do we have to play as cultists in control of said beasts or can we be on the opposing force or even neutral?

[/center]
Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

We could play as both sides, I'm sure.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

*Nod*
I know one of the beasts used - one that very affectively maimed my poor druid - was a poisonous Chimera. It flew around, intercepting wyverns and killing them and the rider. It would take whatever letters the rider had, then give them to its cultist before going hunting again.
Also, they would be pretty dangerous even if you managed to kill them - when Volitous (the chimera) was finally killed, he exploded into a pile of plague goo. Each element would do something similar, the pent up power in them exploding out if they're killed.

OOOOhhh idea.
They could be trying to keep the Horde leaders from communicating during this very traumatic time (Cataclysm and all that) so that the Horde begins to get suspicious of the Alliance - thinking that they are interfering - and of each other. Trying to sew yet more suspicion and hatred into the factions.

As for people controling the beasts - you don't have to be a cultist, really. At risk of giving away everything about them, there were and still are private sources creating these element-infused beasts, be it on purpose or as failed experiments. If a character happened to find some - or buy some - and has the ability to control them, then please, feel free to control a few!
I was thinking it could be something like this, but it's just a thought-
Electric = shaman
Fire = fire mage
Earth = Shaman/druid
Wind = Shaman
Ice = ice mage/Ice DK
Plague = DK
Shadow = Shadow Priest/Warlock
Light = Holy/Disc priest/Paladin
Hunters could control any of them if they have a strong spirit bond.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:They could be trying to keep the Horde leaders from communicating during this very traumatic time (Cataclysm and all that) so that the Horde begins to get suspicious of the Alliance - thinking that they are interfering - and of each other. Trying to sew yet more suspicion and hatred into the factions.
Ooh, yes! I'm guessing it would be the same story on the Alliance side of things?
I wonder if there's any way warriors and rogues can be included in this... perhaps rogues can be shadow and warriors... fire? Fire is the closest thing I can associate to rage, so... /shrug

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Rogues could be Shadow or Plague, depending on their special skills... Shadow and Plague, then.
And Warriors... I think Earth and Fire?

As for the beasts themselves... Any animal, really. We were restricted to the pet skins we have in-game, but in RP it's a little more free.
We were having fun with names/pairings.
Cackle and Crackle the red Fire hyenas.
A plagued white devilsaur and a plagued wolf - the 'saur as a tank, so to speak, and the wolf as the dps.
A light and a shadow owl - light owl would heal the shadow owl, which would be flitting around the enemy and using shadow spells.
A black bear and a panther, both Shadow - again, a tank/dps thing.

Edit - and yes, this would happen to the Alliance too. Sorry, it was a Horde tribe. xD Keep getting mixed up.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Moonlost

This does sound good, although I fear I amy be in for roleplay overdose soon. :lol:

Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Moonlost wrote:This does sound good, although I fear I amy be in for roleplay overdose soon. :lol:
I know how you feel. <_> I want to roleplay my goblins SO badly and I'm really liking this idea. But I don't know if I can juggle this and the new Pokémon roleplay.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sounds okay to me. Would ally and horde be allowed to interact?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Not by law, no. The Horde would think the Alliance was up to something, intercepting all of their messages, or so I'd assume. >.> I'm not Garrosh. The same goes to Varian.
However, private adventurers would most likely start banding together.

A small edit to the magically infused beasts - the most obvious way to tell if they're elemental or not is to look at their eyes, which have a glow. Their breath is also slightly tinted the color of their element.
Thunder = Blue-grey, flashing
Air = swirling grey
Fire = bright orange
Earth = Dull yellow
Ice = Light blue
Plague = Dull green
Shadow = Dark purple
Light = White
So we can distinguish them more easily. :->

And yes, I see an RP overload in the future... >.>

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Ooooh. This sounds interesting. *tilts head.* I need to think of more chars. Unless Azu and Kozri would work.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

I really honestly like this idea although i'm going to have to now scroll through my alts maybe seeing which ones to use..also is there neutral races allowed to be played? I would really like to use one maybe just to add abit of creativity
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Kamalia

Unread post by Kamalia »

Neutral races? Like furblogs, naga, and gnolls, for example? I think it'd be okay if you pulled it off in a believable manner. Azu is doing a good job at having a dragon character in TotH, for example. Though I can see some complications arising with your character trying to get involved with the rest of our characters, seeing how they're a part of a race that is generally against both the Horde and Alliance. Well, if you think you can pull it off I'd say go ahead and try it. Maybe have a back-up character for just-in-case reasons if it doesn't work out quite the way you want it to. :)