The Storm Wolf

Beneli
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

The Storm Wolf

Unread post by Beneli »

Day 4:

It rained today in Silverpine. Lighting flashed tearing into the pillow-like clouds. Distant thunder followed, jarring the rain loose. Drops of water pounded my receding flesh and protruding bone. I strain to remember the smells of an approaching storm. It wasn't so much the actual odors I desire to recall, but the feelings they triggered. Renewal, rebirth, hope, anticipation...violence. Yes, all feelings I long to remember. All feelings I need to remember. Storms like this help me remember.

Thick mud sucked at my foot, as I tracked along the lake's edge. Hunched, I stalked my target. I was close. I lowered my profile from two limbs to three. Finally, I allowed the mud to thicken around the length of my body, as I crawled toward him. It would be my first in this life.

Amongst the sea of darkness stood a single light, Gorefang, the white wolf. Proud and defiant, the worg paced along the water's edge. Perhaps it was my lowered posture, or maybe, the air's misty thickness, or even my Queen's favor, whatever caused my blanket deception, I was grateful. From a mere body length away, I raised up onto a single knee.

"Gorefang." I called clearly, not with overbearing authority, but also without meekness.

The wolf's eyes met mine. He did not startle or snarl. He only watched. Together, we sat in the mud and storm. Evening passed into night. We sat motionless, but not without emotion. In contrast to our solemn exterior, a burning, melding of souls and spirits took place. As the stars above mediated the war between lighting and thunder, a silent storm raged. Domination, submission, respect, partnership and marriage battled for control.

As dawn broke, we moved in concert with each other, to each other. My hand to his brow. His brow to my hand.

I have found my Storm Wolf.

Thanks Pengu for the signature!

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: The Storm Wolf

Unread post by Azunara »

I approve! It's good.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Wow, I loved it! ^_^
Very well-written.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Beneli
Realm: Scarlet Crusade

Unread post by Beneli »

Thank you for the kind words! I truly appreciate them.

Thanks Pengu for the signature!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

You did a wonderful job. That was one of the best taming stories I've read. ^_^

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]