Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Varethyn wrote:
eivanfreeman wrote:alright! I'm in for the challenge!
Welcome to the forums eivan :) If you'd like to undertake a Challenge please fill out the form in the first post of this thread:

Character Name:
Level:
Exotics: (Yes if BM, No if not)
Restrictions (Families you'd rather not tame):

That way we know what kind of pets to roll up for you in case you don't have access to some or would rather not be paired with certain ones :)
I probably still have a challenge lurking back there somewhere myself. Whoops.
I didn't even see that person's post. xD

Welcome, Eivan. As Vare said please fill out that form and read over the front page. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Friendly reminder of the rolls that are out in case anyone forgot (not that you have to do it if you don't want xD). :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Looking forward to taming the green demon dog, will be doing it when she hits 68!
Briamae
Realm: Kul'Tiras

Unread post by Briamae »

Character Name: Briamae
Level: 86 dwarf
Exotics: yes
Restrictions (Families you'd rather not tame): none (been fun so far) :0)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Not sure if this thread is still active, but it's at the top of the page so I thought is give it a try. I love reading people's tames, so I thought I'd join in the fun. I'm picky with pets, so having a random pet to tame would allow me to be less picky.
Name: Krysteena
Level: 90
Exotics: might as well. I'm going BM for Draenor anyway
Restrictions: please no gorillas or monkeys. They scare me, for some odd reasons
Rare pets I have and wouldn't mind reviewing: Well, there's Loque'nahak, Ban'thalos, Ahnka or whoever you spell her name, Deth'tilac, the three spectral porcupines. I know I cleared my stable out recently, because there were so many pets I didn't use.
Iyyokuk this thread isn't active, do excuse me :oops:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's at the top of the page because it's a sticky. It hasn't been active in a while, however, I'm more than happy to issue you a challenge and see a bit of action here. :)

Kayro(Krysteena):
Grey Rhino

Happy hunting!

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'll get to taming the rhino ASAP, probably when I get back from school ^_^
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Hmm this looks like fun, shame it isn't as active anymore. :D

Name: Neiara
Level: 90 BE
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: I do have a ton of wolves right now.. and I don't really care for monkeys or gorillas either. Aside from that though, anythings fine.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I tamed the grey rhino and while I don't hate him, he doesn't seem like he has personality. Anyway, meet Reka (pronounced wrecker)
WoWScrnShot_071414_194212.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071414_194212.jpg (290.16 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
this ball of fluff was wandering aimlessly in circles when I met him. The tame wasn't anything special. He didn't click for me, but I attended a BG with him. He was a true defender, and alliance bodies fell :P
WoWScrnShot_071414_195441.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071414_195441.jpg (280.57 KiB) Viewed 2595 times
his model has an alright run and walk, as long as you aren't on a mount. Then it's scary how fast his legs move. Reka isn't very vocal, nor are his attack animations very thought out. He just moves to defend and takes as many hits as he can to protect his hunter.

I don't know why, but as I think on it, Reka might stay. He seems dead mentally and I feel the urge to take him under my wing. He's protective and although he's mute, I sense that he loves his mistress despite not knowing her long. So, depending on how things go, Reka might be a permanent addition to my stables :D
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Lupen202(Neiara):
Brown Scarab Beetle

Happy hunting!

[/center]
Minisear
Realm: Turalyon, Ravencrest

Unread post by Minisear »

Name: Tsiya
Level: 90 Draenei
Restrictions: No restrictions whatsoever!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Welcome Minisear!

Minisear(Tsiya):
Pink Scorpid

[/center]
Minisear
Realm: Turalyon, Ravencrest

Unread post by Minisear »

Tsiya packed her things up, and decided to head to Tanaris to find herself a Pink Scorpid. She had gotten word that they were on the verge of being eradicated, so she wanted to rescue one before the species was entirely wiped out.

After making her way through the heat to the known spot of the scorpids, she noticed how thin their numbers were. Most of them had cracked shells or missing claws, but none were injured too severely to the point where they couldn't fend for themselves. However, there was one that caught Tsiya's eye. A small scorpid, barely two years old by the looks of things, was huddled in the rock formation.

The Draenei walked up to it gingerly, softly whispering the incantation to coax it to trust her. Claws flailed, hoping to drive this crazy hooved ... thing away from it.
Alas, the scorpid gave in, and clattered to Tsiya's side. Upon further inspection, this little thing was a female! Only one name came to mind ... Ambrosia. The heavenly food that only gods consumed. But wait, Tsiya! Are you saying you plan on eating her? No no, but only beautiful creatures deserve beautiful names. This was one of those moments ...

With the sun on their backs, Tsiya and her new partner in crime decided to take a breather, even if it was a terrible idea!
While they relaxed, Ambrosia showed signs of dominance over Tsiya, waving her giant claws at any creature that ventured to close to her new Mistress. Though, with all the claw waving ... something was indeed wrong with Ms. Ambrosia. Her right claw seemed to hang lower than her left, and she walked with a bit of a limp. Tsiya knew that she had made the right choice in saving this one.

Sweat began to collect under the Huntress' armor, with the weight of her armor and bow making things much worse. Taking a look at Ambrosia, she knew what would be best for the partners in crime. A nice dip in the waters just east of where they were sitting. With a quick flight over, the two soaked their hooves and claws in the cool water, hoping to ease some of the pain the sun was causing. Though, that didn't last long, since Ambro sort of pushed Tsiya in to soak herself even more.

Hours went by as the two scurried around the world, looking for anyone that could use their help. To their disappointment, there wasn't much to be done. Hunters, Druids, Rogues ... the lot of 'em, all seemed to help out these people. Tsiya began to see how they looked at Ambrosia, like she was nothing more then a pest that should be taken care of.

((That's the story! I plan on keeping her around for a little bit longer, see if I can't make a stronger bond with her. Hopefully, Chitin will allow me to have another Scorpid join the family!))

Name: Tsiya
Exotics: Sure
Restrictions: No more tanky pets! I have too many!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Minisear(Tsiya):
Black Dragonhawk

Since this guy can be kind of a highly sought after rare, I'll toss you an extra roll in case you get frustrated trying to nab him. :)

Brown Sporebat

[/center]
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

If this is still going on, I'd love to give it a try :D

Name: Rikaku
Level: 90 NE
Restrictions: Probably just Cats/Wolves/Spirit Beasts. I have a lot of those already, so I probably don't need more.

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I thought I might as well go again. If the replies are later, it's because I've been eaten alive by homework :P
Name: Krysteena
Exotics: again, yes please. I'm going BM permanently by the looks of things :lol:
Restrictions: mm. Once again, no gorillas or monkeys please :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Rikaku:
Damaged Blue Silithid Colossus

::OR::

Dark Grey Gorilla

Kayro(Krysteena):
(For the exotics bit, it's just a yes or no thing so I know whether to include exotics in the roll. ;) Not a guarantee that the system will roll one for you. :))
Red Spider

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Long wait I know, do bare with me. School decided it'd be funny to dump loads of homework on me on the last week of school :/ not cool...not cool...

Right. So I was given this odd creature for my challenge. No screenshots I'm afraid,as I purged my folder of screenshots and accidentally deleted the ones of Venom.

Anyway, so I tamed this beauty. Well. Not beauty. I've never been a fan of her colouring, or the bland look of it. Swallowing my thoughts of 'I don't want to tame that thing' I got Venom. The female spider was at a distance from her brothers and sisters, and investigating something in the ground. I later saw that it was a pile of bones :shock:

I've had a few spiders and the only one I've kept was Deth'tilac. He doesn't get used much, I'm afraid, but he's still there. Venom didn't stay. She wasn't as noisy as some pets, but I do fail to see how a spider can hold off huge beasts that should step on it. This is Warcraft, but Venom did shrink in the wash.

I completed a few BG's with her, and lost. All of them. I don't blame her though. The horde always lose. Once upon a time it was a surprise if the horde lost. Now it's a miracle if we win. Anyway, I'm getting off track

Her animations are alright, unless you're on a mount. Then she becomes some odd...thingy as she tries to keep up. Her attack animations are alright, but I greatly preferred her idle ones. She looked from side to side, as if searching for something to gobble up. All in all, I didn't keep Venom. I couldn't. She seemed much more at home with her brothers and sisters, rather than by my side.

For the exotics bit, I knee that I wouldn't get an exotic only. It was just another way of saying 'yes'. I feel repetitive if I'm just like 'yeah' or 'yes' or 'yup'. Plus, if I didn't add the please I'd have felt impolite. I've already asked for one challenge, so I needed to make sure to show kindness. :)

Reka says hello. He is still in my stable, but I don't like to use him. He seems too placid for battle, in my opinion. This review was quick, as was my other one, but I didn't have much time. If you'd be willing to give me another then I'll make sure to complete it quicker and in more detail :D

Name:Krysteena
Exotics: yup. I've stayed BM longer than intended, so I think I'm staying.
Restrictions: hmm. No monkeys or gorillas please. They're just bleh. Also, no seagulls or ravens. I feel cruel having them bob along beside me. They look too broken.
Notes: if you'd rather, I can review one of my pets I've already got. Depends if you're busy or not. It'd give me a chance to show people the cuteness overload that is Felrius :3

Thanks Tygerstorm! I hope I'm not being too demanding of your time. Hopefully we should see some more life into this thread too, for its a brilliant idea :D
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ah gotcha! :D And no, you're fine asking for more requests. :) I enjoy handing them out; only takes me a couple of minutes to issue one. If I had my account active I'd attempt one just to try and keep it alive. xD

Kayro(Krysteena):
Blue Spectral Porcupine

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Ah gotcha! :D And no, you're fine asking for more requests. :) I enjoy handing them out; only takes me a couple of minutes to issue one. If I had my account active I'd attempt one just to try and keep it alive. xD

Kayro(Krysteena):
Blue Spectral Porcupine
Yes! I love this one! I'll be sure to get onto it straight away :D