Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Krysteena »

Alrighty! So, I was given the blue spectral porcupine. So...meet Taowu!
WoWScrnShot_072214_134239.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072214_134239.jpg (272.13 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
This spectral porcupine is one of my three porkies. Shiren is red and Hutia is green. The story behind Taowu isn't very special. Me and 2 hunters decided we'd all get one another all 3 spectral porcupines. Hutia came first. Shiren was second and Taowu came last. He was the hardest to get, due to his mechanics but was well worth it! He's gorgeous!
WoWScrnShot_072214_133859.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072214_133859.jpg (251.56 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
Here, we're surveying the timeless isle. I've been grinding rep for the heavenly golden cloud serpent, with him by my side. Porcupines are quite small when tamed, but the spectral one seems a little larger than his living counterparts for some odd reason. He grew when he came back to the living world, it seems. They're also quiet pets, and aren't vocal at all. Even in combat these lil buddies aren't as loud as some spirit beasts *glares at Loque'nahak* and make for good pets if you want a challenge and a quiet pet.

Overall, the animations are good. The run is ever so slightly similar to the bears run, but it looks really cute on Taowu :3 He doesn't need to run too fast to keep up with me when mounted, which is good. His blue colouring means he does sometimes disappear into the terrain though. I see that as a good thing tho. Attacking animations are alright too, what with his little swipes at the enemy. I do really like this model and I say with confidence that all 3 colours of spectral porcupine have a safe bed in my stable :D

a lil note--i know how to make pictures from the Internet appear, as a picture rather than a link to the picture, but I can't figure out how to do that with screenshots :/ help?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I don't know how to do it on the forum's built in uploader, but using a site like Photobucket, imageshack, etc would allow you to upload the image there and then provide you with a link to put in your post and then put image tags around it. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ahh okay. I'll look into one of those sites then. Thank you ^_^
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I got photo bucket, so let's see if this works :D
Edit--I think it's worked :/ can you see it? I'm on the iPad, so some things don't like to show up or load when I'm on it...
It's Taowu again, from my lil review ^.^ I need to find a pretty place for him to show his pretty self actually...I would've, but I was with Fin while we camped Huolon. Scary stories, she had to kill huolon 213 times to get her onyx cloud serpent. A few weeks of killing yaungol and she got her heavenly golden cloud serpent too. But otherwise, I would've found somewhere better for Taowu to embrace his inner fabulousness.
Edit--just checking to see if I used the correct link. I'm just using a slightly different one, for SCIENCE!
Image[/img]
Mm nope. Not that one...
Whoop woop! Did it! :D
Javelin
Realm: Ragnaros

Unread post by Javelin »

I tried this years ago and I'm really bored so why not...
Name: Cobrana
Level: 90
Exotics: No
Restrictions: Beetles, Crabs, Gorillas, Ravagers, Tallstriders
Rares I have: Savage, Skarr, Sambas, Humar, Deth'tilac, Anthriss, Solix, Kirix, Sunwing, Loque'nahak, Karoma, Gondria, Ankha, Skoll, Ban'thalos, Portent, Terrorpene.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Glad you got that figured out, Kayro. :)

Javelin(Cobrana):
Black Dragonhawk

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Hehe, took me three tries but as the saying goes; third time lucky.
I see that this thread is getting places. So, because I love this thread so much and I've had enough of slaughtering countless yaungol for rep, I decided I might as well do another. So...

Name:Krysteena
Level:90
Exotics:yup
Restrictions: Same as the last few times. No gorillas, monkeys, seagulls or birds that use the same skeleton please.
Rares I have: Portent, Loque, Ban'thalos, Sunwing, Ghostcrawler, Deth'tilac, Anhka and Terrorpene. I've also got one of those flashy pink cranes, but it's actually one from the Timeless isles.

I can also take many more screenshots now I've discovered the secret of no links! :lol:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Glad to see you back. :)

Kayro(Krysteena):
White Cat

Happy Hunting!

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I was given the white cat as a random tame. So, I hopped on my hearthsteed and flew over to winterspring.This pet is a pet that'll be staying. His name is Xunsu (pronounced sue-sue)
I have tamed this exact model and skin several times but never felt like this was the pet for me. I even tamed the exact colour but even then it didn't fit. Xunsu is en exception to that. The model itself has it's obvious flaws. The worst, is the following-
You can clearly see where the teeth are meant to be, but they haven't been 'cut out' and behind them is a white rectangle thing...it makes them look like they have whale teeth if you aren't close enough. Or a stapler, depending on how your imagination rolls.
Animations are alright on a whole, just with some teeth and leg and body clipping issues. Neither of these I really notice. It's not as quiet as some pets, for this cat has the slobber yawn. Personally, I don't mind this too much, but I do know it grates on you over time. In combat the sounds are as expected. Growl, roar, growl, roar, growl, roar. One particular pose this model has is the dodge, where it'll bend it's head backwards and the overall effect looks quite nice.
Ying and Yang kitties! Here, we get onto the good stuff. Colouring. At first glance, this kitty seems plain. Nope :) Xunsu, and his other white kitty counterparts, all have a tinted pelt. You can see various purples, pinks and blues. The overall effect is quite stunning. So, all in all, Xunsu will be staying in my stable :hug: He's already shown me his personality and has captured a piece of my hunters heart.
Here, Xunsu believes he can fly. He's WoW's version of hovercat it seems. A little interesting fact. I was in winterspring yesterday and saw Rak'shiri. I was looking at how gorgeous his coat was when he attacked me. I accidently killed the poor thing. Distraught, I remembered this as i tamed Xunsu, making sure not to hit him. As soon as i tamed Xunsu, Rak'shiri spawned. It was almost as if he wanted me to prove to him I was a kind hunter before he showed himself to me. You can see Rak'shiri in the first screenie, and he was tamed just after I took it. Now he needs a name. I'm not letting him out my stable again :D
Nakae
Realm: Farstriders, Khaz'goroth, Cairne (Alliance)

Unread post by Nakae »

Oh hey there! Another lurker here. I'm in the WoD beta, but I feel like my hunter is feeling really unloved, so I want to get her a new friend :D

Name: Nakae
Level: 90
Exotics: No
Restrictions: Oh, man, a lot. Bats, Dragonhawks, nether rays, Spore bats, tall striders. None of those scream 'dangerous', you know?
Rares I have: Pretty much all of them at one point. I'll retame/review any of them, though :)

Hit me up!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Holy crap! I was just going through this thread, was about to ask for another, and realized: I never fulfilled my last one for Mugwen! :o

OK. I know it's a couple *years* in the delay... but I'm going to do this one ASAP!

For memory's sake (because it was literally more thna a year ago), I was given the white devilsaur. And *SHAME* on me for not fulfilling that. *SHAME*!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Kurasu; there's tons of forgotten rolls floating around in here. :lol:

Nakae:
Purple Armored Chimaera

::OR::

Bald Eagle

[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

More than a year ago, Mugwen had overcome his challenge. He and his friends had bested Ulduar in their low-level gear, and achieved true greatness. Now, years later, the panda was resting on his laurels when a whisper reached his ears. A further challenge: "You must tame the great white Devilsaur."

Mugwen had never known where these strange whispers came from. All he knew is that whatever else, this whisper was to be obeyed. Taking the time to honor the dead in Stormwind with his pet sporebat, Mugwen set off for Dalaran. ... because that's where he was hearthed, and the portal to Tanaris would take him closer to Un'goro.

His senses were re-tuned, preparing to begin the Devilsaur hunt. (Read: I have a macro for targeting devilsaurs to make them easier to hunt for leather). And as the creatures share spawns with one another, soon there would be much slaying.

Even with the macro, devilsaurs are almost impossible to find when one is looking for them. It took nearly 10 minutes to find his first, and it was a Tyrant, thus necessitating its slaying (and skinning). Undaunted, Mugwen continued his journey. Knowing that it could take a long while before he found the right one, Mugwen settled in with mining and flying. Following the ancient game trails on the mystic tome 'Wowhead'.

Two kills and an hour later, he was finally rewarded with a ping. Taming the creature quickly, Mugwen flew his way to a place with better light so as to better inspect him.

The major colorations on him are violet and white. A very lovely lavender, if I might say so myself. The brilliantly pink eyes are intimidating... sort of insane, but a nice coupling with the white body, giving him an 'albino' appearance.

As with the scorpid, it was the up-close details that I had never noticed before that really caught my eye. The scales on his tail, in particular, fascinated me.

However, while the teeth looked amazingly detailed, they were... *too* amazingly detailed, looking out of place and 'pasted' on his face. Almost like putting human eyes on a cartoon.

Another thing that was noticed rather quickly: unlike many creatures, the devilsaur's idle animation was so infrequent as to be impossible to photograph. I must have sat for at least five minutes before giving up on it. And that's really a pity, as the sound effect when it finally does come makes the glorious creature all the more dangerous and intimidating! RAAAAWR!

On the other hand, his reticence to show off for the camera helped me come up with a name for him: Shyguy.

Checking out his movements, I was quite enamored with them. The difference between 'walking' and 'running' is really noticeable, unlike some pets.

Walking is a head up, rather casual looking stride. You can almost hear the thundering footsteps.

Meanwhile, running involves head down, mouth open, looking all the world like he's chasing down his prey.

Swimming is absolutely, positively, gloriously hilarious: the gigantic hind legs paddle in big, smooth strokes, while the tiny little front legs waggle around helplessly. It. Is. ADORABLE! Thee are no way pictures can do it justice, but at least I try:

After paddling around for longer than strictly needed to giggle and glee at the swimming, Mugwen sobred up. It was time to quest. A chance to see how his friend handled the rigors of work.

A check to his journal revealed that he had cleared out all his old quests, bar the intro to Cataclysm content. So a quick trip to Dalaran picked up some breadcrumb quests, and then it was off to Howling Fjords, to clean up a few old quests, even if they were grey now.

First thought is that there is no better way to quest with Shyguy than with the sound on. That bellowing roar just sets the blood pumping, and makes me smile every time. Absolutely brilliant, and there's no better way to say it.

After a while of questing, I have to give this fellow the big thumbs up. He's handsome, energetic, noisy in the best ways, and all over well worth the time spent to find him. Kura already has his Fanged Lime (AKA Krush), but for Mugwen, I will give an enthusiastic thumbs up on this beauty!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Devilsaur swim is best swim! You can even play "shark" with them by swimming at the surface as only their spines stick up out of the water. :lol:

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yes! Some life has been breathed in this thread! I shall assist in this magical moment haha! :D nah. I missed having a random pet challenge. So, I'm back for more. I've got a day or so to grind for my transmog, all purple and lovely, so something to ease away from the 'OMGIHATEPVPIJUDTWANTATRANSMOGBLIZZ!!!' would be lovely. I've had it up to *here* with PvP today. 3 hours and one win, which was moments ago might I add. Soooo....
Name:Krysteena
Level:90
Exotics:applicable :)
Restrictions:monkeys, gorillas and those birdies with the broken flying animation. Just bleh.
Rares: Deth'tilac, Loque, Ghostcrawler, Ahnka, Ban'thalos, the three spectral porkies, Sunwing, Rak'shiri. I don't think I've missed any...Felrius? Nah...he's no rare :lol:
Is it alright if I throw an extra review in on Felrius please? Unless the diseased wolf does roll, that is. He's my baby, and keeps demanding I tell people that :mrgreen: if not, that's fine.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If you wish to review your wolf please go ahead and do so. :) I'll also throw you a regular roll and you can do both as you feel like getting around to them, no rush. :)

Kayro(Krysteena):
Red Runed Demon Dog
(This guys is actually one of my favorite pets on my BE hunter. xD)

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Alrighty. My hunter seems to have a nak for gaining demonic and diseased pets. I think her affinity with her diseased wolf is far from healthy. Then again, what is healthy about diseased pets? :lol: well. At least they aren't covered in demonic runes. Unlike Saban...
I knew from the second I tamed Saban, or saw him in fact, that he wasn't as demonic as the others of his kind that surrounded him. Something was different. I discovered this as I flew upon the back of Drift (my dread Raven) to Zul'Drak. Drift cawed softly as we soared among the tainted air and signalled to me that he had to land. The stench was getting to him, making his head swim. So, I found a nice outpost for us to land upon. Luckily, or unluckily, we could see the death and decay around us. The ground was littered with the dead, with corruption and I knew Drift would have a hard time flying at all like this. Keeping an eye on the ground, I caught sight of a red runed demon dog. I'd heard tell that they could freeze your soul if you looked at them in the eye, as your eyes were a window to your soul. I looked at this dog, and it stared directly at me. Only for a moment, but I saw something different in him. He turned away quick enough, snapping at a bat who chose to fly too close to the dog. I glanced up at Drift. He looked back at me, nodding minutely. So, I clambered down. No way was Drift going to fly me down. He was showing signs of weakness due to the air and I made a mental note to turn back. But this damned dog (oh the irony) wouldn't leave my mind. So I approached. Hunter instincts snapped. I drew him close to me. The bond was sealed. The demon dog padded to my side calmly, unlike some of the pets I'd tried to tame, and just looked at me with big eyes.

I saw something in those eyes. I can't say what I saw, but I saw it nonetheless. This dog wasn't as demonic as his appearance led him to be. He was almost completely sane. So, I named him Saban. It meant 'half-sane' in my tongue. Looking to the sky, I saw Drift. He cawed, and I dismissed him to Dalaran. No way was I about to let him be killed because of my stupidity. He flew off, whispering some words of warning into my mind, and I was left alone. With a demonic dog. And the dead reanimated. Concentrating, I summoned a steed who I knew could handle these conditions. Sabeth. My skeletal warhorse. Deciding it'd be best to leave the area, I mounted up quick and set Sabeth into a smooth canter across the landscape. Saban followed quickly, but I noticed how small he was. He struggled to keep up with Sabeth, and so we pulled off the main road onto a medium sized ledge. I dismounted, confused on how I'd get out this predicament. Saban stood next to me, surveying the air. I realised then, that this dog was staying by my side. Simply by his pose I could tell he wished to defend me.
I also noticed that he liked to jump. A lot. He would frequently bounce on his heels, snapping at the air. Normally, I'd believe it was cute. However, something odd would happen to his nose whenever he did jump. The result...wasn't pretty.
However, despite his odd habits off chewing on Sabeth's bony leg and his misshaped nose, Saban was a bubbly character. My entire group was a bunch of misfits brought together by some bond. Plus, Felrius couldn't go without another dog or wolf for forever now could he? So, that day, I brought home three things. A great defender. A bubbly friend and the stench of death that wouldn't wash out for several days.

If anything doesn't work, I'll have to fix it later. The tab kept reloading as I was switching between, so I had to write this on one thing and paste to another. Basically, the img tags were added by memory and while it should work, it may not. I'm trying this new way of approach. Rather than look at ones sounds and animation, I write a mini story type thingy on them. I will say that the runed dog was never something I wanted in my stable, but Saban won me over. The story does fit what I did in game, but not exactly. Saban did stare into my soul as I landed with Drift, that's for sure. Kinda creepy if you ask me :?

The one on Felrius is coming up next. I'll have to type them both separately. Gosh I love these random pet challenges :mrgreen:
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Right. Number 2. For those unaware, this pet wasn't rolled for me. I just feel the need to share his story. He's special, and when Draenor hits won't be getting a retame like my other wolf. He's who he is, and he wouldn't be him without that diseased looked.
Now many people don't like diseased pets. I used to be like them. I hated the diseased wolf and bear. I tamed the diseased wolf once before. I got rid of him. Twice, or thrice, I can't remember. Yet, when I tamed Felrius, it was different. The drums of war sounded, and with them he came.

War was coming. It was in the air. The horns had been blown, the flags had been raised. Our entire faction was going to War with the great thunder king of Pandaria. Those who didn't fight were now warriors. No stone was left unturned. So, of course, I was also made to fight. I didn't want to fight. I couldn't fight. I was simply the beast master. But, as I soon discovered, it was simply about Survival. No pets were by my side. I couldn't let them get hurt. Azrael, Duskwing and the others meant so much to me. I couldn't allow them to run the risk of never returning to my side when called. It was my worst fear.

I was angry. I'd refused to fight at first. Lor'themar understood, but he pressed me into fighting. He said that innocents needed protecting, and they needed an archer like myself. Gritting my teeth, I'd nodded grimly, before asking to be given time. Lor'themar nodded, allowing me to exit the city. At first, the cool air helped my hot head. Not for long. The anger was turn to energy, to adrenaline. I had to run. It wouldn't do me any harm. I could also scout as I ran, I supposed. I'd be helpful while being stubborn. I kept running, and eventually whistled for my companion Venebron. The twilight drake answered my call, swiftly heading got my direction. He landed with grace unseen by something of his size, happily brushing up against me. He knew why I was upset. So, he offered to take me to the sky. Never one to pass the opportunity, I hopped upon his back and revelled in the sensation of losing my head in the clouds.

I'm not sure how long we flew for. I just remember Venebron landing, something catching his eye. Dismounting quickly, I saw what he was seeing. Alone, a huge wolf was sitting over a dead deer, growling at us. Ready to hop onto Venebron should we need to escape, I watched this wolf. He was sick. That much was evident. Wounds seeped and bled, bones could be seen and infection had set in long ago. I looked at my twilight drake. We'd just found a creature of undeath. A creature who was to be killed on sight. I approached, seeing as the wolf didn't attack me. The beast actually looked happy at my presence and his thin tail thumped against a log nearby. A smile of sorts spilt across his face and I saw the sentient creature behind this pain. I knew of a lake, and thus I knew how to clean him up. So, I quickly led the wolf to the lake. He followed happily, seeking to rub his body along my own in sheerly a feed into manner. Venebron stayed close by, but otherwise didn't move to defend me. He knew he could trust the wolf.
Things didn't go to plan, but we did have a nice swim. I seemed to have found a new friend in this wolf and when I decided I should go to Lor'themar, the wolf was insistent. Gaze shifting to Venebron for a movement, the twilight drake just sat down, going as far as to yawn loudly. This wolf wanted to join me. I could sense it. Yes, I had to survive now. This wolf was the perfect representation of survival. So, I took him under my wing. This wolf was named Felrius, meaning 'eternal defender' in my tongue. Felrius was happy enough to join me. In fact, Lor'themar pushed me to take him with me to the wars frontlines. He said that Felrius would be a great help and no hunter should fight alone. Looking at Felrius, I saw determination burn in his eyes. He wanted to stay by my side.
Venebron and Felrius are one way to define Krysteena if you see her around. She's either sitting on Venebron or beside Felrius, going about daily business. Sometimes another pet joins her, but the bond between those three is unbreakable. There's also the fact that Krysteena has a unique transmog showing where her loyalty lies. It's certainly not with the horde ;)
Edit--I shall change my signature at some point to have these two with my hunter. I can't find the time to do it/a professional. Also, is this style of talking about the pets alright? I was thinking a more story-like approach, but if you'd rather I changed it that's fine :)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I think hiding somewhere in these pages is the story of how my hunter, Rosaliah, came to obtain Runt, her red demon dog. And if it's not in this thread it's somewhere on these boards. :lol: But I had a similar experience. I never once thought I would ever tame one of the demon dogs - their models are horrible bugged and their ability nigh on useless - but then I passed the area where those dogs are at and tamed one on a whim. He was instantly given personality and story. Runt is, well, the runt, of his litter mates and far more puppy like than a demon dog ought to rightfully be. It was just hilarious watching this itty bitty little dog tackle foes that were at least 10 times his size and so he's stuck in Rose's stables. xD I like to think that Runt keeps his mistress on her toes and reminds her that it's okay not to be serious all the time. :)

[/center]
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think that the second from last screenshot of Saban I got made me keep him. I was flipping through, and seeing it I realised how proud he was to be by my hunters side. Nodding to myself, I went balc in WoW and looked at him. I then said "Alright Saban. I guess you're staying." He decided then he should jump around happily and of course I made sure Krysteena gave him a hug.

Sometimes it's the oddest of pets that capture a hunters heart. I like to think some of us keep the misfits that others do not want. I was thinking Saban should be called Midget, or Midge, but Saban shall only be known as that in my head :D

I did see Runt in a sig of yours, in the post in which you gave me the challenge. I think it's quite fitting that it was in that post I saw your own demon doggie. I'll have to try and find the post of Runt. So. From page 1 I read. Even if I don't find the post, I'll have fun finding out about others pets :)