Show Off Your Retames!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Show Off Your Retames!

Unread post by Rhyela »

I did a search for a thread like this, but couldn't find one within the past couple of years. So, instead of a thread for new tames or rare tames or whatever, I'd like to start a thread dedicated to bringing back some old friends that you may have let go for various reasons. After all, sometimes you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone.

To start, I'd like to (re)introduce Ysuran and Xaphan! I tamed these guys about five years ago, and had to let go of them for stable space. Or, in Ysuran's case, he was a duplicate family, but I really did like him. So, today, I decided to bring them back home!

It took a while to get Ysuran, since I had to find a spot where I'd be in range. I accidentally killed a couple of these guys trying to use a distracting shot or dazing shot, but the darned auto-attack kept getting them. Finally, I tailed one long enough to figure out if there were any points I could land and still be in range, and finally I found one (on top of a pole)! Thus, Ysuran has re-joined my crew.

Xaphan was much easier to get. I flew out to the Badlands zone to pick up Vorticus. He was there, and I tamed him. Simple enough. :)

It took forever to get pictures of lightning in the background. I had PRT SCR on rapid-fire. :lol:
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_022615_183550.jpg
WoWScrnShot_022615_183550.jpg (169.07 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Ysuran.jpg
Ysuran.jpg (182.44 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Xaphan.jpg
Xaphan.jpg (128.77 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: Show Off Your Retames!

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Recently I retamed a stone Quilen I used to have when Kalhoun was Alliance-side. I never really bonded with it back then and ended up letting it go after a while in favor of a bronze, furry type. I ended up bringing the Bronze one raiding last weekend, as the guild asked me to for the rez, and though I love the Quilen models I just wasn't feeling attached to him like I used to. I hunted down a few variations of Portent, and tried on a few different furred Quilens, until I decided to give the plain stone type a try again. I think he's here to stay.

His name is Balderdash. I'm sure he's going to be my raiding buddy.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I re-tamed a couple of kitties, as if I needed more. :P Both were tamed rather on-a-whim, as I was actually in the area to work on pet battling/collecting. But, my fellow hunters know how these things go. :) It's like going to a store - you're there for one thing and end up leaving with 20. :lol:

First up is Aurora, or Shy-Rotam. I think I originally had Rak'shiri, but it's the same model so it's all good. I used a different name this time, instead of my usual Tenseiga (which I keep sticking onto cats I can't seem to keep). I like her, and I have plenty of space, so I intend to keep her. :)

Next is Samson, or Sambas. I tried to get my husband to log on and tame him when I found him, but he didn't seem interested. He's not exactly my favorite cat, but he's also not as bad as I remember. Sure, he has some graphical funkiness going on, but I'll hang on to him. The name is from a Biblical character whose hair gave him strength. Sambas is certainly quite fuzzy, so I feel the name is appropriate. :)

My flayer youngling had to get in the pictures, too. :P
Attachments
Aurora.jpg
Aurora.jpg (259.78 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Samson.jpg
Samson.jpg (256.14 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

No matter how much I tried, I could not bond with Gara. I enjoyed the steps taken to be able to tame her, and I adore her model, but she just seemed wrong by Kal's side. I'm not sure if it was because of the story, my lack of being able to settle on a name for her, or what.

But of course I kept seeing her around with other Hunters, and I kept admiring that gorgeous model of hers. And so began the trying on of many "Lost Netherwolves" (taming the Lost Netherwolf that is north of Gara's tree and naming it something, running around with it and then abandoning it when I thought of a better name - I find I have to try on names like this until I find one that feels right.)

And now I have a very pretty Netherwolf named Isengrim. I've gotten really attached to him. Typically I only want pets that match my character's color theme (red, in this case), but Isengrim is an exception.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I really like the name! I used to have a color theme, but that's pretty much flown out the window this expansion. :P