Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Artyrius
Realm: Terenas, Anvilmar

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Artyrius »

Name: Artyrius
Level: 68
Exotics: Yes (When I hit 69)
Restrictions: Not overly picky.

Rares I have: The Lone Hunter, Gesharahan, Tsul'Kalu, Shadowclaw, Tenok, Plague, Slaverjaw, and Ornat.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Artyrius:
Blue Moth

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Artyrius
Realm: Terenas, Anvilmar

Unread post by Artyrius »

The Shimmering Moth (Blue) Is actually quite neat. Good little companion. Good little dungeon pet too.

That was fun, Another one! Now that i'm lvl 69!
Attachments
Taming process was a little hard. Kept blowing me away
Taming process was a little hard. Kept blowing me away
Tame.jpg (394.23 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
Just hanging out after taming. Thinking of a name
Just hanging out after taming. Thinking of a name
Just haning out.jpg (443.21 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
Running through Utgarde together. Sparkling all the way. And Burning a little.
Running through Utgarde together. Sparkling all the way. And Burning a little.
Utgarde.jpg (263.45 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask that you read the first post of this thread and perhaps a few of the other reports to get an idea of what to post for them. :) There are some actual guidelines for posting a report for these challenges. It doesn't need to be anything super crazy, but more than 3 basic sentences is generally considered standard.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Hey Tyger, chimaeras are exotic and I'm currently rolling SV spec. May I have a re-roll, please? :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Herpaderp I can't read. >_<

Rhyela:
Gold Condor
(Tame whichever version you like since it's both a carrion bird and bird of prey.)

Artyrius, I'm going to go ahead and toss you another roll, but I do ask that you please read the front page. It is required to fill out the submission form every time you want a roll. :)

Artyrius:
Yellow Raptor

[/center]
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Alrighty then!!! For my roll, the gold condor, I decided to grab the bird of prey version since I currently have two carrion birds and no birds of prey. I checked on wowhead and found that they're in The Jade Forest. "Great!" I thought, "I can just run right over and grab one!" Well, little did I know that there would be a special challenge involved with these particular ones. Namely, I was down here, while they were waaaaaaaaaay up there......

So, off to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms I went to buy Pandaria flying. I plunked down the 2,500g required, then headed back to The Jade Forest to tame my condor. Once I got there, I had a bit of trouble finding one that was in range, but finally, one flew right over my head. I hit tame, and the bird was mine!

Next, I had to come up with a name. I wanted something that had to do with heights, since I had to go so high up to get one. After some thought, I decided to go with a cloud name, and settled on Nimbus. It ended up being a nifty name, because the cloud that Goku rides in DBZ is called Nimbus, and it's gold, just like the bird! :D

Naturally, I had to play with the Trick ability a little.

As far as the model goes, I find its head a little ugly, but I suppose that can be said for most carrion birds. In my eyes, the Outland models are handsome, but they have two heads, so even they are a little strange. However, I really do like the gold color. It's not too gaudy, and it looks nice with the white and black striping. Also, some flying pets tend to be flappy and get in the way, but this one seems just right - not too big, not too small. :)

I queued for LFR with some friends, so Nimbus got to show what he's made of. I must admit that I didn't notice what his combat sounds are like, and for that I apologize (perhaps I can try again and edit this post later). I guess if I didn't notice it, at least that means it's not obnoxious. It cannot be said enough how much I dislike overly noisy pets. XD Unfortunately, he didn't bring anything special to the table in this particular run with his Tenacity ability (Versatility buff), since all the buffs were covered.

Once we were done with Highmaul, I headed to the Isle of Giants to finally get the tome of dinomancy so I could get a direhorn. He handled large groups of 91s with ease. After that, I decided to take him for a swim. This model's swimming animation is exactly like their flying animation, which I expected.

Overall, I'm not head over heels for Nimbus. Unfortunately, I have the Versatility buff covered with several other pets, so he doesn't really bring anything that I need. However, I will hang onto him for now. I like that he looks like a carrion bird but is in the bird of prey family, and the name was just too perfect for him. Also, the Trick ability is super cute, and it was fun to play with. I have plenty of stable slots left, and he is a very pretty bird (face notwithstanding) so I will be keeping him. ^.^

Thanks for reading!!!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_012215_163433.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_163433.jpg (188.87 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_165512.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_165512.jpg (477.12 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_172525.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_172525.jpg (194.84 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_171411.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_171411.jpg (143.78 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_171422.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_171422.jpg (432.2 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_174447.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_174447.jpg (76.31 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
WoWScrnShot_012215_174305.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012215_174305.jpg (131.39 KiB) Viewed 3190 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

Name: Sibeal
Level: 90
Exotics: Yes, proud to be BM
Restrictions: Sib is only lvl 90, so nothing from Dranor please. I'm planning to use which ever pet I get as my leveling buddy in WoD.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

SibealAD(Sibeal):
Dark Red Parrot

[/center]
SibealAD

Ooh I've never caught a parrot before, this will be interesting ^ ^ Also my fav transmog set is red so yeay for colour matching pets and transmog!
Lilithel
Realm: Frostmane EU

Unread post by Lilithel »

Name: Zaphara (Horde)
Level: 20
Exotics: No, my level is too low
Restrictions: None

I hope you don't mind my level is so low.
:hug:
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Low levels are fun. :)

Lilithel(Zaphara):
Blue Hydra

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

bump

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

bump

[/center]
Lilithel
Realm: Frostmane EU

Unread post by Lilithel »

I'm sorry I took so long to write a review about the pet I got, she was only at level 18 but I finally decided to do a dungeon so I could get my lady to 20.

I got the Blue Hydra!

So I started my journey to the shore in Ashenvale.

After alot of running - and dying (I'm clumsy...) I was finally there.

Taming in progress...

Booyah!

I decided to name this pet SillyBilly(s), since it keeps arguing with itself.
The hydra is a noisy pet, unfortunately, but other than that I like it, it's a good DPS pet and the attacks looks pretty cool. I LOVE the way it runs, looks so dorky! I also love the teal colour that this specific hydra has.

Although it's a really noisy pet I will keep it because it brings a smile to my face looking at it arguing with itself and the way it runs after me.

I'm sorry that this is a fairly short review but I hope it's alright. :hug:

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I totally missed seeing your report. >_> Your report covered most of the basics so you're good. :)

[/center]
SibealAD

This is my first report so hopefully I did this right. I wasn't sure how to do the photos, so I put them on Photobucket and used the Thubmnail size since some of them were a little large and I didn't want to get in trouble for stretching the page or anything. If you click on the images they will enlarge.

My target was a dark red parrot, so being in Pandaria I decided to catch one over in Kasarang Wilds. There's an island that was one of the daily quest hubs that has all birds on it.

As I neared the shore of the Island I saw one of the parrots on the beach.

My transmog set, which I am very proud of, is the set from the old Scarlet Monastery. So I decided to name my bird after one of the bosses that was removed when the updated the dungeon. So he became known as Vishas, which is very fitting I think for a bird of prey.

We started out time together heading to Dranor, as Sib was still 90. We took the Dark Portal and helped Kadghar and the other Heroes destroy the portal.

Then we explored the jungle and helped them get past the iron horde. Vishas turned out to be a very deadly birdy.
While he does do decent damage he is not good at keeping threat, even in tenacity spec.

We did take a little swim after we had established our garrison to get some supplies.
Vishas swims much like he flies, but he's still as deadly as this poor rare spawn fish found out.

We decided to take a little break for leveling and go on a field trip to The Dark Moon Fair!
We bought some treats at the snack vendor, did our profession quests, and then got to dance on stage! (We had just missed the concert, so we made our own). Vishas, as a bird of prey, can do a trick where he flys in a loop. It's hard to screen shot unfortunately... be he was dancing with me.

We also went battle pet hunting with a mage friend of ours. Since there was a new raiding with leashes in 6.1 we wanted to get some of the new pets. So we went to Black Temple, Sunwell, and Hyjal. (some how I only have screen shots from Hyjal)
(Yes we took a swim in the Well of Eternity, because it's so much fun!)

Over all the dark red parrot is a decent pet. I normally play with sounds off, but I did turn them on to listen to him. He is a bit loud when he calls out... but my real issue is he's a very "flappy" pet. I would be getting a lot of sound from the flaps.
And the flappy-ness does not stop there. As seen here, he can get very up close and personal when he's in a flappy mood. This makes doing things around the garrison such as collecting work orders or sending followers out on missions a little difficult. He also got in the way a lot while doing archaeology. Which is a shame, because he would be a decent pet if he was not as flappy. I did try the glyph of lesser proportions but he still would get in the way a lot. So I sadly have to keep him dismissed while I am doing things in the garrison.

I'm hoping to try again, and see if I can make a new friend. Hopefully I'll be able to get better screen shots next time.
Last edited by SibealAD on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SibealAD

Name: Sibeal
Level: 92
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: Anything except a parrot, as I just did one.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Your report looks great! Photobucket is a great place to have your photos hosted and reposted from. I will post you a new roll tomorrow.

[/center]
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I need something to help LFR runs be more entertaining. ;)

Name: Kalhoun
Level: 100
Exotics: Yep
Restrictions: None