Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 12: Bears!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 12: Bears!

Unread post by Galaxy »

LOL LOVE that story for Arcturis. I absolutely love my Arcturis, Eternity. Why did I name him that? I had been through bouts of hardcore camping ever since he first spawned. He had died before my eyes, or tamed, precisely 8 times. The last time I lost him was to a guildie talking about how she had just killed a rare b/c it was a rare. I promptly informed her that the real mistake was killing it, and if she had given me the tip about him being up, she would have acquired 1k gold. She felt bad, immediately. Greedy. oy. I turned my flying self back around to Dalaran since I was in flight out to check at that point.

Two months later, though, he finally spawned when I was around. He didn't move. No one was in the zone. It was 5am server.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're still together! He's gonna be a serious tanking spirit beast during leveling, I think *nods* :)

I just fell in love with his spiritie fuzziness!!!! Too bad he doesn't have the sleep function like the rest of the bears. He sure would be adorable passed out.

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I started playing WoW because of Ursa.

I saw the picture of the WoW black bear on Petopia and knew that was my Ursa.

He really enjoys his rest, as you can tell. It's not that he's lazy; he just likes naps. Plus it's my fault for cooing pretty much every time he takes a nap and taking screenshots of him doing so....

I will never forget tiny Ursa and his wee little butt. Some part of me will always see him that way. He is my baby, after all.

I've written about Ursa at length before here. Suffice to say that we've been through hell and back together and MoP ensures that he'll always be by my side...as he should always have been.
Attachments
Kalli, Ursa, and Ursa Minor.png
Kalli, Ursa, and Ursa Minor.png (733.26 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
ursa napping.png
ursa napping.png (456.51 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

So I've always loved WoW's bears. They're so round and bouncy and fun. Yet, I just couldn't bond with them. I kept trying my favorite skins - black and dark brown - but they never stuck. So I'd given up on having a bear of my own.

And then, just yesterday, this happened.

I was flying around the world, trying to shake a bad mood, when I saw... this...

"lolwut" - I couldn't stop giggling. The poor thing was stuck like that, face embedded in a cliff over the big hole in Darkshore. I was going to just fly away - that's my least favorite color for bears anyway. But I couldn't. I owed it to the bear to get him out off that cliff for giving me a good chuckle. He had, after all, fixed my mood. So I started landing and trying to tame him, with the intent of releasing him afterwards to run free.

Unfortunately... he kept evade bugging. Over and over. No matter where I landed, the tame wouldn't go off. Eventually he turned around again, face in the cliff, as though resigning himself to his fate. Suddenly I had an idea.

Bahaha, success!! The tame went off without a hitch, having trapped him. But... he didn't move. He stayed there, stuck in the cliff. I was laughing even harder now. I took a step back and *BAM* -

He landed on top of me. o.O Every time I moved he'd do this. I figured he was trying to give me a bear hug for saving him. I mounted up and flew off a few yards into the forest - next time I landed he stepped out to my left, like a normal pet. Ready. I right clicked his frame to abandon pet...

...and chose "name pet" instead.

Pretty sure Cliff is here to stay. :)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

D'awwww! <3 Yay for happy stories with bear hugs!

I've never seen him before either - very glad you rescued him!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Agreed, it really brightened my mood ^_^ I always chuckle at mobs stuck in the world but for some reason this one caught my attention. I'm glad I stopped to save him too!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I also have a hard time bonding with bears, for a few reasons. But Cliff sounds like a pretty awesome guy. I love when tames like that happen. :) Congrats on your new pal!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

That's so adorable Aqui, thanks for sharing! :D
<3
Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

No problem! I'm glad others have found it as cute as I did. Cliff tanked Molten Core for me today - he seems to be thoroughly enjoying his time out of the rocks =P
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Made a new baby belf hunter, and as my inspiration for this one I decided to base it off former NXT and current WWE wrestler, Tyler Breeze. The pretty fits being a belf, and after watching the first season of 'Breaking Ground', and seeing how he adopted a stray puppy that was hanging around the training center, yeah. I kinda knew I had to make him as a hunter due to his huge soft spot for animals. Decided to go with a theme for his pets, trying to keep their naming and types in line with his 'gimmick'. The default dragonhawk is called Gorgeous, but when it came time to pick a second pet for him, I knew I wanted a tank. Just didn't know what would fit. Yey petopia bear page to the rescue! As I started looking at the diseased bears, not normally a bear skin I go for, but with Breeze something about them clicked.

I headed into the world, found the rare Hibernus the Sleeper, tamed it without a hitch. And ever since then, Uggo has been Tyler's tank and constant source of embarrassment at having such an 'ugly' pet. Although Tyler secretly loves the mangled looking bear, despite how often he tells Uggo to drown when they go for a swim, or to jump on the campfire when Tyler's done cooking. lol
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^