laughing my butt off [updated!]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU (Horde), Mazrigos EU (Alliance)

laughing my butt off [updated!]

Unread post by Flyra »

After having a huge clear out of my stable I decided to fill it with pets I've never really given a chance to before. I'd thought about taming a Gazelle as I'm a big fan of Stags in general so as I was mooching around Org I decided to take a quick trip to Mulgore to "suss" them out. I don't know if anyone else gets this but before I tame a pet it has to feel right. I'd bumped into a few Gazelles already and wasn't really bonding with them - until I met Bandi.

As soon I landed next to him he immediately stepped up to me and chomped down on my face before trotting off, which I thought was a funny coincidence. It felt like I'd been chosen. I hit tame. Now, when you tame these Gazelles, I'm not sure why but instead of getting annoyed and pumelling you with their hooves they just leg it. Which I already knew - thanks to Petopia - so I was well prepared. But I was not prepared for how funny it actually is.

"Come, journey with me across Azeroth my fallow!"
"NO."

It's like they haven't yet accepted their transformation from Critter to Beast and would rather be thunked by newbie Tauren in their homeland than fight HC Archimonde.
Anyway, as soon as I tamed him (and he came running back from the otherside of Azeroth) I decided to take some *awesome* and *dramatic* screenshots of my new friend.

"Hey durr"

After messing that up I decide I could at least make use of their special ability Grace, which causes them to rear. I had some warcry/into battle-esque shots in mind but-

JUST LOOK AT THAT CHEEKY GRIN. Bandi obviously thought it would be hilarious to try and coerce me into giving him a piggy-back ride.
So finally I thought well at least we could have a little cheer together and-

"Dance with me Bandi!"
"mom get off of my LEG" *SCREAMING*

So that's what I did this morning. When I saw that last screenshot my jaw hit the floor. I'm pretty chuffed. :oops:

~~~ UPDATE ~~~

The reason Bandi became Bandi is actually down to this weird character I see in him? He was originally supposed to be called Bandit. I'd envisoned having a tiny stabby deer running around doing my dirty work, which is why I picked a Gazelle for my stable. Turns out Bandit just does not "fit". In person he's like a bumbly little puppy. Also he has bandy legs so it's quite fitting really... >_>
I haven't used him in combat at all yet, well not intentionally, he's become my companion when I'm doing dailies in lower level zones (where he won't be in danger, he's like my baby). Most of time I can just one-shot everything but occasionaly he'll be able to charge at an already dying NPC and fly-kick them in the face with his hoof before prancing off like he didn't do anything.

I have been using him to collect loot with the Fetch glyph though. Here he is in action: [warning: extreme cuteness]

I also really enjoy having him run alongside my bigger mounts, he seemingly gets all tangled up underneath them. He's like a mouse annoying an elephant.

If you look closely... is that... a smile?

He's even caught the interest of the other hoofed creatures I own.

90% sure they're gossiping about me

Well, so far it's been a blast. Not sure whether to turn this whole post into a pet journal of sorts (I'm not sure how they work), will post future updates probably for more awesome screenshots :D

Last edited by Flyra on Tue May 24, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FR: Heart #57524 WoW: Flyra#21730

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: laughing my butt off

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh my god, this is wonderful! :lol: Bandi is too cute! I've missed these personal taming stories, we used to share them a lot as a community but at some point that began to taper off (I'm guilty of it as well). Thanks for sharing, those screenshots are fantastic! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Those shots are brilliant :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Those are too cute. :)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Love this!!!! What an adorable tame!! Such personality he has!!! Thank you for sharing. :hug:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aww, how awesome! Such a cute story, and cuter gazelle!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

All I can picture in my head now are those screaming goat videos... especially the ones spliced to pop music.
Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

I am so glad you all like them :D
Vephriel wrote:Oh my god, this is wonderful! :lol: Bandi is too cute! I've missed these personal taming stories, we used to share them a lot as a community but at some point that began to taper off (I'm guilty of it as well). Thanks for sharing, those screenshots are fantastic! :)
I've missed them as well! I remember coming on here a few years ago and reading all the stories and updates and I loved them. It's really sad to see some of the posts on the first page dating back to last year :( . I have so many stories to tell about my new pets but I don't wanna be the only person posting and end up flooding :lol:
s1ncer1ty wrote:All I can picture in my head now are those screaming goat videos... especially the ones spliced to pop music.
Omg that's exactly what I was thinking. I absolutely live for those vids.

Rhyela

Re: laughing my butt off [updated!]

Unread post by Rhyela »

I feel the same way, Flyra. I used to type up these huge stories, but I fear they are annoying or that no one really cares, so I just keep things short and simple these days.

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal

Love the new update. I personally do not mind the long cute taming /pet stories. Keep them coming

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Awww! That first pic in the new update is adorable!!! Bandi sounds like he has loads of personality, which feels odd to say when we're talking about bundles of pixels but...it's true! ^.^ And heck, if you do a journal in the same style as your first post here, I'd love to read it! I love the pics and the captions. I think we could all use more stories like Bandi's around here. :D *peer pressure*

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, I love the update! :D And I agree, I'd love to see these sort of threads make a comeback on the forum. :) I'm not sure if we all just collectively got shy or lost motivation at the same time, but no one really talks about their pets like they used to and it's refreshing to see stories like Bandi. :') I might try to dig up some inspiration for some of my newer pets soon myself.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

He's so cute! I love that he has so much personality.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

zedxrgal

Flyra wrote:

"Hey durr"

Funny after looking at this again right now the above SS's struck me as really funny. The look on your girl's face is like
"Really Bandi? Can't be serious for one moment to take a nice SS can you?" :lol:

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Bandi is too cute, seriously. The gossiping picture had me in stitches. :lol:

I miss these posts too, I feel that once we made the decision to lump them all in one big thread, people eventually stopped posting their stories. Maybe because it started to feel a little impersonal? Anyway, we should all collectively start again - hopefully Legion will give us the energy boost we need!
zedxrgal

I think part of it, at least for me, is I wasn't taming anything new. :? I don't think any of my girls currently have a WoD pet anymore. Wait. Fib. Alliance main has the worm from the Gorian Proving Grounds but that's it. I had a really hard time bonding with anything in WoD so my poor girls haven't had any new beasts since I want to say early MoP. :(

But. You've an excellent point that maybe I need to go pet hunting like I used to do back in the old days and anything special write it up.

Flyra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Flyra »

Rhyela wrote:I feel the same way, Flyra. I used to type up these huge stories, but I fear they are annoying or that no one really cares, so I just keep things short and simple these days.
I was really shy about posting on here and was worried it would be too long but I enjoyed making it so much I thought if people weren't too keen at least I'd have fun going over my adventures :lol: I think from the response to this post it's safe to assume these kinds of stories are something that has been missed and will be welcomed back. I'd absolutely love to see all of your stories. Heck, I've even been lurking through a lot of older posts to find some to read.

zedxrgal wrote:Funny after looking at this again right now the above SS's struck me as really funny. The look on your girl's face is like
"Really Bandi? Can't be serious for one moment to take a nice SS can you?" :lol:
I burst out laughing at this. It also looks like her eyes are pointing in different directions, one at the camera and one glaring at Bandi and you should totally go pet hunting! (or all of you? :p) It's really really odd how refreshing playing a hunter can be when you have a new pixelated animal. I've really been enjoying rep grinding and dailies now that it feels like I'm going on an adventure with a pal.
Mozag wrote:hopefully Legion will give us the energy boost we need!
I always tend to get an influx of new pets during expansions. I think other than there being new creatures to tame you tend to be out in the world more. Even though I have bonded with some pets I specifically went hunting for, most of the time I was initially pleased then ended up growing bored (I released my Ban'thalos and the tiger SBs). I found that with most of my keepers I had originally "bumped into" them during questing. E.g I wasn't too keen on any of the MoP rares but when I accidentally stumbled into Bloodtooth he immediately became my main companion and even replaced my Terrorpene (even though he's hardly as cool as some of the other turtles).

WoW is also a game that keeps you incredibly busy. It's hard to find time to fly out to some place when you've got a raid and dailies to do and alts to level etc etc. So for those reasons I get why these posts have unfortunately become scarce. :cry:

Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

Ha! Cute post! I think that was the Gazelle I had wanted to tame- I might on my new hunter, since she has a fresh stable, just waiting to be filled! I always like reading taming stories, and do miss coming here on a regular basis. We had a great community here, and I think at one point, when the site started gaining new members (which is NOT a bad thing!), personalities started clashing, and there was just a general lack of the closeness the community once had. I got nostalgic reading wayyyy, way back to older posts, and decided to add my voice to those who miss the way things used to be years ago! It is refreshing to still see quite a few faces from back when I used to post often.
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

This is soo cute!! Keep it up. Even though i dont play anymore i love post like this.. makes me miss my pet journals :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig