Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Rhyela »

I have some horde characters on that server, so I'll probably take one of them there to see if it is indeed a phasing thing, or a loading thing. I'll let you know. ;)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I got it! I finally logged on and the little dot on my minimap stayed more than a couple seconds. I used /tar and sure enough, Shadowstalker was there! Nabbed it, made it a "her" and named her Penny since Jenny was reserved (really?). I think he's gonna go with human names for his pets. :) I've gotten a couple screen shots so far, but he's only level 12 so we have a lot more "testing" to do. I'm pretty much certain he's going to keep her though. As I said before, it's one of my favorite spider colors and she's just so darned cute! I think what I might do is submit a full report at level 20 while also requesting the next bracket's pet, if that's okay? (I'll fill out the form, of course!) :D

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Yes, that will be fine. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I got absorbed into Enderal but I have not forgotten :) I will get to mine this weekend.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Regaleth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Regaleth »

Just getting back to WoW with a new alt! Figured I'd try out a new pet to help me survive the invasions.

Name: Ragnorg
Level: 35
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: Horde, no mech's :(

Edits: Just updating my level until I hear back.
Last edited by Regaleth on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One more flight change from becoming the Avatar.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I tamed my raptor, will make a complete report tonight or tomorrow

my subscription on that account runs out tomorrow and right now I don't have the money to renew it, I will try to make my report tonight but I can't promise anything, if not I will make it as soon as I'm able to renew, as stated above I've tamed my raptor so what's left is running a dungeon or two, do some questin and such.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Here is my report for the Violet Spider!

The only one available for this level bracket is in Tirisfal Glades, so off I went! I was only level 10, and on a PvP server at that, so I didn't expect the trip to be easy. However, surprisingly it was. I saw a couple Horde characters, but they left me alone. The hard part was actually just finding the spider. It seemed like she was never there. But after about three days of logging on and off to check for her, she was finally up, and I got her without a hitch. (Had to get out of there ASAP though...)

I pretty much knew as soon as I was assigned this critter that I'd like her. The purple and red spiders are my two favorite colors. I tried to name her Jenny, but the name was reserved for some reason, so I went with Penny since it rhymed. I always see spiders as female for some reason.....

We've done a lot together in these ten levels. We've idled about town:

Done some PvP:

Invasions:

And just general questing:

I just can't get over how pretty she is! I especially love her reddish-pink glowing eyes.

I also find their swimming animation a mix of creepy and adorable!

She's always reliable for me, even though she dies pretty easily in invasions and really anytime something focuses her (even in PvP if I'm not paying attention). However, all pets have this problem at the moment so I wouldn't dare blame her for it. Her combat animations are pretty straightforward, with lunges and hisses. I enjoy pets that aren't always overly noisy or flashy. She's just a solid, fun, pretty girl, and I would definitely recommend this model for anyone looking for spiders. They're vanilla, but I feel they're one of the ones that don't necessarily show their age as much as other beasts.

Tonight was somewhat bittersweet, as I have to stable her to make room for my next challenge pet. Dansen's surely going to miss his pretty little Penny.

(Sorry for the lack of pic editing, I had a lot and didn't feel like going through them all.)

Now, time for my next challenge!

Name: Dansen
Level: 20
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: Pet level between 11 and 20, please. (And please no more spiders for now! :lol:)
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_082216_215524.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082216_215524.jpg (229.54 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082216_215721.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082216_215721.jpg (380.91 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082216_222112.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082216_222112.jpg (308.55 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082616_000858.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082616_000858.jpg (453.94 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082216_215815.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082216_215815.jpg (443.56 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082216_220339.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082216_220339.jpg (55.33 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082716_202452.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082716_202452.jpg (150.47 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082716_202629.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082716_202629.jpg (287.2 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
WoWScrnShot_082716_203330.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082716_203330.jpg (340.84 KiB) Viewed 3401 times

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sorry, I've been busy with work and school and the boyfriend and haven't really had time for the computer.

Nef, no worries. :)

Rhyela: Wow, Penny is gorgeous! That spider color is so amazingly pretty.

Regaleth(Ragnorg):
Brown Sporebat
I know this guy is a rare and a little outside the level range you gave, but I thought I'd post him anyway. Let me know if you'd prefer a different roll. :)

Rhyela(Dansen):
Dark Grey Monkey

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Don't worry about it! We have all been pretty busy, and I didn't hit 20 till just last night anyway. Now, to Deadmines we go!

Regaleth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Real life > computer stuff any day! Glad you found a sec though.

I'll get my level bumped up and then stalk the Plaguelands!
/charge

Edit: Tamed tonight. :D Eastern Plaguelands was all but abandoned so I killed 3 other (non pet) rares on the way to him, but there he was meandering around the foothills like he'd been waiting on me to show up! Will update with a proper report soon.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Annoyingly, I had to wait for an invasion to be over before I could enter the Deadmines (the instance portal just vanished). I did eventually get the monkey though. I'm currently leveling Dansen so a report should be ready by...next weekend? The new autumn semester starts this week so we'll see how much time I have. He's 26 already though, so it shouldn't take much longer.

Edit: Make that 27. I got farther than I thought tonight. :lol:

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Karathyriel:
Blue and White Spiked Wind Serpent
I'm afraid, I don't have time to play right now and actually decided to not get Legion.

I did tame this little guy but had no time to run with him.
Also, I did cancel my subscription, so if anyone wants to take on this pet, I probably won't.

Sorry.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, I'm so sorry Kara! I can try to pick up the wind serpent for you on another hunter. It probably won't be right away since I still have to get Dansen to 30 and do his report. I've also been playing on Rhyela a lot, so there's that too. But I do have a couple other hunters on some other realms that are the right level to nab it. ;) In fact, I think Gazmon would be perfect.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No worries Kara. :) Thanks for your interesting in this anyway!

[/center]
Regaleth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Despite all the fun of jumping into Legion at the same time my classes start back up, I did manage to get a few screenshots and take my new pet on an adventure! :mrgreen:

After wandering my way through an abandoned Plagueland, I found the little brown sporebat wandering around the foothills looking entirely too lonely. After a quick, easy tame with no real fuss I decided this was already meant to be. And thus Squishy became my Squishy!
I actually wasn't expecting to really enjoy the sporebat family, although I'm not sure why. I think I always found their faces and shapes a little too silly to think of them as anything menacing. But after watching Squishy make her mark on the Alliance teams in PvP, I'm actually pretty happy with how fun they are. No one really targeted her, since there's nothing less menacing than a little spore cloud with happy lights for a face. But their mistake was our gain, and I actually found myself enjoying PvP.
I'm not sure how much energy I'll put into this character with all that I've got to do on my main's, but as I run around on him I find myself enjoying actually bonding with the pets rather than having to worry about which class family ability is most beneficial. It's freeing in a way, and with petemote I really get to enjoy their personality.
Now to go out and find Squishy a playmate! Maybe something a little less fungal-y... I'm never gonna get these spores out of my armor. :(
Attachments
Taming in otherwise deserted Plaguelands. Where could everyone be?
Taming in otherwise deserted Plaguelands. Where could everyone be?
Tame.jpg (661.82 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Oh right, there's an invasion to fight off! Squishy and I make our stand for the Horde!
Oh right, there's an invasion to fight off! Squishy and I make our stand for the Horde!
Invasion.jpg (870.41 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
After gobbling down all that free XP, there wasn't much left for Squishy and I to do but head to Felwood for some questing and wait for the PvP queue to pop.
After gobbling down all that free XP, there wasn't much left for Squishy and I to do but head to Felwood for some questing and wait for the PvP queue to pop.
Felwood.jpg (811.28 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Here is (finally) my report for the Dark Grey Monkey!

I headed to the Deadmines by myself, where he was the only one of this color that I saw. The tame was pretty easy at my level. I'm going with human names, so I settled on Rocky for this guy.

While the model itself is just okay in my opinion, this particular color is my favorite of the bunch since its eyes are black and not quite so crazy-looking.

As with my spider Penny, I've taken Rocky to several places and done several things, including sitting around town:

Doing some battlegrounds, where his small size and dark coloration seemed to help him not get beat as much as my very purple, very obvious spider (which was nice!):

Here we are in Blackfathom Deeps, where I also sorta got a swimming shot, but it's super dark and not very helpful (sorry!):

The swimming animation isn't anything flashy or exciting, he just kinda swims like a humanoid.

Dance party!:

His combat animations boil down to various slaps and smacks:

His family ability, Primal Agility, is okay (increases dodge chance by 30%). For damage reduction it's not horrible, but the cooldown (2 minutes) on it is longer than other pets with damage-reducing abilities (like turtles with Shell Shield with a CD of 1 minute, for example). So again, it's okay, but nothing to write home about.

For the most part, monkeys are okay pets. Not great, not horrible. HOWEVER, their combat sounds are probably a deal breaker for me. The constant whooping and screeching was pretty irritating, and I was back in range. I honestly felt bad taking him into dungeons where my melee group members had to listen to that constantly. No one said anything, but I still felt bad about it. For that reason alone, I probably wouldn't use him in group content. Also, his running animation is a little strange, because his body is positioned diagonally but he runs in a straight line. It's really weird, but unfortunately I didn't think to get a picture of it.

Soooo, the verdict is that I probably won't use him after Dansen reaches max level. I left Rocky in my stable for now since I have tons of space, and I suppose I'll probably hang on to my challenge pets, but I'd definitely use Penny over Rocky any day. :) However, if someone really wanted to tame a monkey, I would recommend this color since I think it's the most natural, and the eyes won't give you nightmares.

Time for my next challenge pet!
(Excited because it feels like it's been a while.)

Name: Dansen
Level: 30
Exotics?: Yes
Restrictions: Pets between 21-30 please, and no mechanicals (still not ready for another spider or monkey yet, either)
Attachments
Rocky 1.jpg
Rocky 1.jpg (69.11 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rocky 2.jpg
Rocky 2.jpg (50.29 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rocky 3.jpg
Rocky 3.jpg (115.11 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rocky 4.jpg
Rocky 4.jpg (196.42 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rocky 5.jpg
Rocky 5.jpg (26.75 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rocky 6.jpg
Rocky 6.jpg (104.35 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rocky 7.jpg
Rocky 7.jpg (150.06 KiB) Viewed 3401 times
Rocky 8.jpg
Rocky 8.jpg (180.71 KiB) Viewed 3401 times

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Your rapports are so thorough and nice to read Rhy.

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, thank you! I enjoy doing them, and I like that every ten levels I get a surprise pet. :)

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I love Rhyela's reports as well. :)

For you, Rhy, I'm going to keep from duplicating your challenge families. I think there's enough families with the way you're doing it to keep you from getting more than one family. :) The only challenge might be the level restrictions, but I'm not worried about it. This is a totally fun request, and I can totally see getting bored if it kept rolling you cats or something. And this way Dansen is guaranteed a varied stable. ^_^

Rhyela(Dansen):
Red Raptor

[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's awesome, Tyger, thank you! I wasn't sure if I needed to keep adding the restrictions, or if you'd remember. I know you get a lot of requests sometimes and I don't expect you to remember my junk every time. ;) I do feel bad for the extra work on your part though. Let me know if you get sick of doing it! But for now, I'm enjoying myself!

Sneak peek of Sasha! :3

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_091016_004313.jpg
WoWScrnShot_091016_004313.jpg (204.96 KiB) Viewed 3401 times