Rosaliah's Back! :D

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Rosaliah's Back! :D

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Thanks! I thought so too! :D I love my white saber tiger she has, but when I thought about Plexi, and her personality, and her loyalty to SW, Sambas just seemed to be a perfect fit. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

While I wait for Pogeyan, I may as well introduce the hunter I'm leveling on Emerald Dream to do Merduin's TLPD camp.

This is Rochessa. Wanted to do a human hunter that would be different from the one I have on Staghelm; I have trouble with that one after my husband passed as I played her with his hunter and they had a red v blue type theme going on so it's just kind of sad to play her. Anyway, with Rochessa, I'm kinda going after pets that you don't really seen around; they're either uncommon or unpopular. Though, there's some things I just can't stand like the old world basilisks. I've had a couple of pets really surprise me.

This is Grunge. There's nothing special about him; just one of the regular worgs from Elwynn forest and both a skin and model I normally hate. However, this guy has really clicked. I like the way he looks with Rochessa and he's always emoting about sighing peacefully so I imagine him to just be this force of calm by her side that isn't afraid to explode into action as needed. Not the first pet she tamed after hitting level 13, but definitely one of the ones that's just really stuck out as a keeper.

ImageImage
Mixit; another normally hated pet, and probably Rochessa's other favorite. He's only stabled right now while she only has two slots and there's quite a few options in STV she wants to tame. As such I haven't gotten as good a feel for him, but something about him seems right.

Another one of her new STV tames, this raptor is still nameless, but I like to think that she helps Rochessa with her engineering. Instead of jewelry and feathers, this raptor wears cogs and washers and other such things that would relate to engineering.

Snagged this bird on a whim in Westfall as it's super uncommon as a hunter pet and I've always enjoyed the color. She's sadly seen very little use though and still has no name.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Managed to snag Pogeyan after having to sit around waiting for him (though thankfully that priest/warlock only tried to go after me one time so most of it was just standing and killing panthers/tigers).

ImageImage
Named him Shatter as his special effects kind of make me feel like he looks a bit like he's made of glass. Very handsome boy. He has emoted a lot of loving type things towards Rochessa so apparently he's just a big ol' lap kitty. :lol:

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Question for my peeps stalking this thread, which dragonhawk skin do you feel is the most underappreciated?
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=dragonhawk

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Oooh I love the theme for your new hunter! I've always had a soft spot for the less appreciated skins and models out there- I feel like some really lovely ones tend to get looked over because they're just so common out in the wild. I especially love Grunge, I have a major weakness for that old, bland worg skin.

As for a dragonhawk, hmm! To really go with the theme, I'd probably go with the Orange dragonhawk- the kind that's only found on Feral Dragonhawk Hatchlings. It's such a bizarrely dulled down version of the other orange skin and I very rarely see it compared to its brighter cousin. That said, I'd say the grey dragonhawk (Manas) suffers similarly compared to the very popular black (Sunwing) skin, so perhaps that one! Grey always seems like a very underloved coloration.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Not sure about sneaking into the BE lands on a PvP server so perhaps I'll go for the grey one. :lol: Thanks for the input Lupis!

For anyone/everyone checking this thread out, I'm a little torn on some of the other pets as well.

Birds of prey: Old world owls, parrots, or the two druid hawk models? I was thinking the grey old world owl, but I've been really torn if there might be another model/skin more underappreciated.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=birdofprey

Devilsaurs: I was thinking there is no unpopular model skin within these guys, but then it occurred to me with MoP no longer being current content how many people are still going to dino isle for these and direhorns? Also, the red/brown or white old models, I'm not sure.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=devilsaur

CoreHounds: I feel that any of the old world ones are fairly unpopular pets vs Chromaggus' model and the Kurken.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=corehound

Clefthooves: All? Some? I have no idea. They just don't really seem to be a popular pet in general.
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=clefthoof

Chimaeras: Old world vs BC? All chimaeras (excluding the purple BC one)?
http://www.wow-petopia.com/family.php?id=chimaera

If y'all have any other suggestions for unpopular/underappreciated models/skins please let me know! I'm open to suggestions for this hunter. I feel her spirit beast choice is obvious: Ghost Crawler; no one seems to go after him because fuck Vashj'ir.

[/center]
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I was about to argue about the dragonhawks but then I realised you meant the solid orange ones, not the orange-and-red ones. I should have my coffee before reading :P

I'll be heading out in a minute but in terms of underappreciated dragonhawks, along with the orange ones I've yet to see anyone with the yellow ones either. I'll have a look around for more suggestions when I come back!

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Birds of prey: Hmmmmm- my general thought is to go with pets not only underappreciated, but also pretty common skins. For that reason, I'd probably say either a regular old grey owl because those guys are everywhere and I've always thought they're very gorgeous! You could also go with the black druid hawk, though- I never see either of those guys around, but I (personally) feel like the black one is the blander of the two. That could very much be because I love brown.

Devilsaurs: I rarely see devilsaurs around anymore that aren't Thok or Krush! I'd probably say the red old-world model is the least appreciated, but honestly I have no idea with how few of these dudes I see in general. I just have a soft spot for the red one, and compared to how flashy the other skins are, it does stand out as the duller option.

Core Hounds: Totally Son of Beast, the old-world orange guy, imo. I see all the other around pretty often!

Clefthoof: Oooh, that's hard, I absolutely never see them around so I'm not sure which would be the least appreciated. I'd probably just go for whichever one you see around a lot- the old world ones miiiiight be considered less appreciated?? but honestly I don't know a lot of people who like the Legion ones, so hm! Out of pure personal taste, I'd say go with one of the plain brown skins from old Nagrand, but that's just because they're fuzzy and cute.

Chimaera: These guys kinda suffer from Clefthoof syndrome too. The only ones I tend to see are the Outlands white/purple and Evalcharr, so maybe the plain brown old model one or the green Outlands one?

As for other pets:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image

these are the ones that strike me as the most plain/least often seen, but this is also very highly impacted by my own memories of the game/experience!

and Vare- hehe, Argorok was in fact the first thing that came to mind when I thought about dragonhawks. He's the poster child of the orange-and-red skin, to me!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I wasn't sure how "plain" I wanted to go as Plexi's theme is very plain, natural, neutral colored pets (she has a lot of brown) so I didn't want to do a ton of crossover, but I definitely appreciate all the suggestions for pets to think about! :D

[/center]
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

WOOPS I totally misunderstood the theme! Here's a slightly updated list with that in mind. :,) Not all of them are changed out and some of my older suggestions still hold true, but I admit that's mostly out of personal taste, because so many pet families never see use really at all so all the skins could count! Especially for families like moths, clefthooves and beetles- and for things like quilin, I never see anything but Portent.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I love your new human hunter. The gray wolf is my favorite so far.

For birds of pray I would say a plain old brown or black owl is less seen; and the red or green parrot too. The other families you listed has so few looks in them that they are all used from what I´ve seen when i used to play the game :)

Image Image Image Image

Here are some suggestions of pets i never saw when played :

Spiders: The crystal, gray, Olive and tan spiders i have never seen used; specially not on the high lvl
Image Image Image Image

Basilisk: Pretty much all of the old ones i would say..

Bear: The old light brown look i havent seen used much

Scarabs: For some reason these 3 comes to mind as less used
Image Image Image

Boars: The yellow and gray one comes to mind as less seen on higher lvls

Image Image

Cats: Uhhh much used pet but these comes to mind as not as often seen

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Crab - all the old ones i have rarely seen used in higher lvls:
Image Image Image Image

Hyena: The yellow or brown one i would say
Image Image

Netherrays - I never seen any of these used to be honost but if i should pick one to be the less common i would say the gold one

Raptors : I see you already have your raptor :D Else i was going to suggest the purple old one.

Scorpids: I would say the Brown, The green, The pink , the red , the white or the yellow one

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Serpents : Expect when I had one on my Xinia i never seen one run around with the red one.

Tallstrider: Also a not so used pet; specially not the brown or gray one
Image Image

Turtles: I feel you be fine with any old model here.

Windserpents : The same. The old model dont get alot of love.

Wolf: I think you got the perfect one for your human :D Else i could also suggest the tan or Dark brown one.
Image Image

Thats the suggestions from a person who have not played wow in soon 3 years - if you dont count the 3 days i played for not too long ago :lol: :mrgreen:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

LupisDarkmoon wrote:WOOPS I totally misunderstood the theme! Here's a slightly updated list with that in mind. :,) Not all of them are changed out and some of my older suggestions still hold true, but I admit that's mostly out of personal taste, because so many pet families never see use really at all so all the skins could count! Especially for families like moths, clefthooves and beetles- and for things like quilin, I never see anything but Portent.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Yeah, with some families I knew it would be pretty much a free for all because the family as a whole is not used; moths, sporebats, beetles, etc.

Tarn: Hehe, my gal actually has a gray tallstrider since those two skins are underappreciated. As for spiders, I actually went with a tarantula as they're the least seen model next to the BC spiky models (and Plexi has one of those). :) I absolutely cannot stand the old world basiliks, otherwise I'd tame one; going to use a BC model there since the Legion ones are so awesome and popular. I was going to do the dark brown old model bear, but the light brown is not a bad idea either. :) I was thinking old world beetles and BC boars are a lot more unpopular (though both families are underappreciated). Good ideas for cats. Nabbed a red crab and a yellow hyena (just don't have pics of all of her pets up yet :lol:). I thought about the purple raptor, but it's just too Barney for me. :lol: Scorpid, I'm actually going to do the one labeled as being bronze colored because it's truly the least popular. That exact serpent is the one I'm going to go after. xD With wind serpents I actually think the BC models are more unpopular than the old world ones.

Once again, thank you both for the suggestions. :)

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Here's two of Rochessa's newer tames. I figured the brown old world stag was pretty unpopular/underappreciated and opted for a red old world crab, for now. Their names are Dopey and Shellac, respectively.
ImageImageImage

[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I had that crab on Abricot :-D. He was called Rhubarb heh ;-)

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig