(deleted)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Pardon a Tallstrider Day!

Unread post by Teigan »

I've been leveling a tauren and her only pets are tallstriders, so this is perfect! I have one of each color now, all named after herbs. Here are Briarthorn and Earthroot, with minipet Sungrass. In the stables, there are Steelbloom (orange/turquoise), Silverleaf (white), Mageroyal (pink) and Swiftthistle (green/purple) :D
I was not initially going to even keep the tallstrider starter pet, but somehow it grew on me, until I realized that I needed to roam the plains with a flock of tallstriders. My tauren is an herbalist, so she named them all after herbs because it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_112218_152227.jpg
WoWScrnShot_112218_152227.jpg (474.33 KiB) Viewed 18776 times
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, cute idea! :D I'm not sure when or why we moved away from sharing stories like that, it used to be a big part of the community here (and I'm just as guilty of this). Either way, happy to see more threads like this pop up!

Here's my tallstrider gang:

Kevin was the first and only tallstrider I ever really bonded with. I remember there was a time when the purple model wasn't tameable. I can't quite recall when that was changed, but I went out to grab a Lost Torranche the moment I could since I'd been eyeing those mobs for years in TBC. I just loved that there was this isolated island full of big purple tallstriders out there.

I named him partially out of inspiration from the Up movie, but also it just seemed to fit him. I was thrilled when we got the matching mount and minipet too!

And for a blast from the past...
Apparently this screenshot still exists from almost 9 years ago! :lol: When I first tamed him! I'm surprised these photobucket images are still active...

I'm looking forward to seeing him with his updated model in 8.1, I think I'm going to like it a lot!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Aw this is amazing! I'll have to find a pic later but she's in my sig too - Emerald (or Emmy) the Clutchstrider Mother is one of my original pets on my tauren hunter from Vanilla. I just loved her on sight and had to have her. I remember taming her was really hard at the time as she was a rare that hit like a truck and her chicks would attack you too so my alliance warlock friend came to help by killing the chicks while I tamed her!

She'd go to every raid with me and when I tried to bring a more useful pet my raid team would tell me off because "the chicken is your pet!" haha! They loved hearing her screech into battle :P

Love you forever Emmy <3

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Slapperfish wrote:
And now, with the addition of abilities for every pet and re-inclusion of differing attack speeds, I figured it was as good a tame as ever! So here he is again at my side, in all of his ornery glory: Peck!

Dangit. I'm gonna have to get a screenshot of my tallstrider when I get home, but I couldn't resist responding now.

You've obviously got good taste in names. Peck is the name of my pink tallstrider that I tamed back in Vanilla. I saw him while questing in Mulgore and just had to tame him. I had to log onto my warrior main, send my lil lowbie hunter some gold so that he could buy his 3rd stable slot, then go out and find that bird again. He beat the stuffing out of me while taming, so he was named Peck.

Peck was always the first or second pet I'd get to max level when a new expansion came out (until pets started automatically leveling to match the hunter). I've still got him and he comes along for raids now and then, even if one of the tanks hates 'that screaming baby sound pet.' Heck, he's even got his own little mini-backstory.

EDIT: Well, looks like I do have some pics of him available after all.

One from olden days:
WoWScrnShot_101607_205741.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101607_205741.jpg (374.42 KiB) Viewed 18776 times
And some artwork of him:
Attachments
MazzHunter.gif
MazzHunter.gif (91.22 KiB) Viewed 18776 times