Sambas Story EDIT: What are your crazy tames?

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Stormrage - A, Thrall - H

Re: Sambas Story EDIT: What are your crazy tames?

Unread post by Kormai »

Megrarthon: Thank you, I can't imagine what else I could have ever named him.

Bitka: OMG, I cannot imagine going through that, over and over again! I'm sure when you told your friend the story, she must have appreciated him that much more :D

Concussion: Oh no!! Poor puppy. :o When I was on the hunt for the Northrend spirit beasts, I logged out at Arcturis' spawn point and the next morning he was there waiting for me. I figured I should tag him, and thought: "I'm only level 85, I can't hurt him that much..." Oh I tagged him....half his health, plus he missed my trap. So I had to "kite" him back over my trap and start the tame. I was so scared I was going to kill him. Needless to say I didn't try tagging Gondria. And when I held Arcturis another time for a friend I removed my bow and my staff and punched him instead. I'm glad you got your puppy in the end!

Also I have a picture of the Arcturis tame but I never posted it here for shame of coming so close to killing him :O.

Toph: Hahaha! Grats on your tame and your achievement :mrgreen:

Tydarus: When I think of it, I specifically place myself on my flying mount just high enough over the ground so when I dismount I don't take damage...because I know I won't even think about it in the moment! And I changed my title to the patient a week ago during a long Sambas camp...the guild name was chosen when our guild was reborn for Cata. We felt that it suited the core group of the guild hehehehe. It definitely suits me!

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Stormrage | Kormai - 100 Draenei Hunter | Kari - 6 Worgen Hunter
...and so many other alts!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

A friend of mine asked me to tame Skoll for her, or at least to look for him. See, because of my timezone, I am awake and alert at 4AM game time fairly easily, when no one is around and the pets can spawn.

The very first time I logged in, it was to the sign of a big blue wolf carefully patting around in front of me. "OMG!" I think. "Someone's going to steal it!" So I immediately click my button for 'tame beast'. Nothing happens. I go to open my spellbook. Nothing. Panicked, I try to drop a trap. Still nothing. It's then that I realize: she has different keybindings than me. *VASTLY* different, because I had re-bound pretty much my entire system. And I no longer remembered how to do the old one.

Terrified that someone's going to get it, I quickly realize I need to do something drastic. And so I do: too panicky to think about doing it from the bar, I pop open the macro bar, quickly create a /cast Tame Beast macro, and drag it onto the bar where I click frantically. Thank goodness, it worked.

I then immediately logged out, and phoned my friend with: "Congratulations on your new thunder wolf."
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

What on Azeroth did you do to your keybindings that they would be so different!??

Thrall | Kormai - 100 Blood Elf Hunter | Kari - 100 Undead Hunter | Sintharia - 100 Blood Elf Warlock | Rhoxi - 100 Goblin Mage
Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Adding another crazy tame to the list...but for a different reason. My worgen huntress dings 72, and I think, 'let's farm up Gezzarak, see if I can solo-tame.' I figure that at the least, she'll kick me around, and the more likely scenario is that she kicks my arse and I have to wait until I have reinforcements. After all, she beat Ziarre down to half health before settling down enough for a tame to go off! I farm the scrolls, follow the quest chain, clear the trash around the pile...and realize I don't have Deterrence until 78. My stomach drops (oh god she's gonna kill me), but I figure it's worth a shot and munch my haste food before popping an elixir and scroll and summoning. It felt like an eternity until she attacked, but...no knockbacks, and hardly a landed strike.

Still a little bit in shock. @_@
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

First of all, Kormai, your story...wow. I would have just died. I'm so so happy for you! He was still there because you deserved it hun :hug:

All others, amazing stories in here. We can all agree we all turn into idiots when it comes to NPCScan, track beast and that darn tame button :D

Well I recently did a pretty long thread about a few tames, also had a thread about Krush and Loque so I don't wanna spam those again, but I will mention my most adrenalinish tame yet.

Karoma.

I had JUST hit 85 in the Twilight Highlands, and my HS was on cooldown (this was early into cata, we didn't have hasty heart yet -_-) so I had to fly to the Hold and use the portal. I had dinged somewhere way up north, so I had to fly there on my slow birdie. As soon as I got close...NPCSCAN, KAROMA IN SIGHT WTF! My heart literally stopped. I had mentaly prepared myself to spend weeks, if not months in TH because of how wanted they were. But no, there she was. I land to take a closer look and OMG, a priest was killing her! I whisper the priest, full of typos (my hands were jello) and it sounded something like this:

"pls dont, she only drops a gay (yes I said gay)"
"gray*"
"pls"

She stopped, i began tame (did NOT occur to me to freeze/scatter) but it wouldnt work. Way too much aggro. The priest tried fading, didn't work. In the end, priest did the most amazing thing ever - stopped attacking and died to Karoma. I was in so much shock, the adrenaline was insane. Karoma instant aggroed me, and in 7 seconds she was mine. I was so HOLY SH*T HAPPY! I couldn't stop thanking her, while typing the "story" in caps to my bf on msn. I did /thank /bow /hug /love etc etc to the lovely priest, and named Karoma after her - Alenna. I didn't regret this, it's a lovely name.

Then she asks, "Is SL still recruting? (my guild)"
I say: "Well you just helped the GM so..."

Invited her, she was in, I told everyone to be nice to her forever. I couldn't believe it for the longest time. I was grinning all week.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Kormai wrote:What on Azeroth did you do to your keybindings that they would be so different!??
I used to play Ragnarok Online before I ever played WoW. 99% of my keybindings are now based off RO alt-<letter> shortcuts that I will be able to remember. ;) And have been that way for over three years!

The other 1% are either unchanged, or are my F-key attacks. It's only my pet attacks that are bound off the basic number keys.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Kormai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Kormai »

Ziarre: It's always nice, though shocking when a supposedly hard tame comes off really easily...makes you wonder about yourself sometimes "am I taking this too seriously?" The answer is always an emphatic no! HAHAHA

Sam: that's a nice story! I'm so glad the priest stopped and even died for you to get the tame. So many people would just say "screw you" and kill it even knowning it drops nothing. :?

Kurasu: That is pretty darn weird...I admit that I have changed a good portion of the default key binds. And I still don't quite have it how i want it...same thing with my UI, I keep changing it, trying to make it simpler. I haven't even been using addons for a year yet and I only started modifying my UI over the summer. So I know it's going to take some time before I can figure out what works for me. As long as I can find the tame button I'll be ok.