Update: An unbelievably silly lucky saturday! *pics*

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Update: An unbelievably silly lucky saturday! *pics*

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Hello :-)

I woke up early this morning and went on a little fly around for rares like I do and love doing. I wanted to see if the Evalcharr was up, and decided to go via Booty Bay from Stormwind, so a first stop was Pogeyan, that I hadn't seen yet in the wild. Pogeyan was there! So she filled up my fourth stable slot.

Off to Booty Bay and over to the Barrens, where there was no Takk and no Takk hatchlings in their cosy nest, but in Azshara, the Evalcharr was happily flying around and got the last free stable slot.

Then I thought, "oh, close to Hyjal, let's check on Terrorpene!" (I can never resist when I'm close, even though I do have a turtle that I like a lot (The ancient model from BFD), but no Terrorpene, and no other Hyjal rares. Close to Felwood, and Olm was up! I left her for others and thought, close to Winterspring, let's check on Rak'Shiri! The pretty white tiger was stalking around and I left him/her for others aswell and hearthed back to Stormwind.

Then I thought, let's see if Sambas is up. Very casually, since he was never on top of my taming list, unlike green Madexx, and so I took the portal and wandered off to the Twilight Highlands, checking the eastern spot, then checking for the world rare before heading down for Sambas other spawn spots. I didn't expect him as I never saw him ever, so when Npcscan went off I was quite shocked. I targetted him and landed, and abandoned Pogeyan and pressed tame. But "You already control 5 pets" . I thought, no, I abandoned the cat! But I never did, I just dismissed her instead. Heart starts racing, I finally manage to abandon poor Pogeyan and tame Sambas.

That kinda concluded my taming list... or did it?

I decided to try Survival again, since I now had this pretty cat, and did a couple of heroics with my guild.
Dead Mines start loading.
Like always I say to myself "must check parrots" and what was? The brilliant Macaw was flapping around!

So I said in party chat "There's a rare white parrot which I will tame, don't kill it" Our rogue replies "nah, I seen it lots of times". I put a mark on the macaw, which then disappeared. We get closer, and I abandon my ravager, run up and start taming the macaw. Just when the tame had nearly completed, I lose aggro. Frantically, I try again, and again, and the macaws health drops steadily as our mage happily throws fiery stuff at it! I type "stop" in the party chat, but the macaw dies and I died a little bit inside too, since when will one ever get the chance to see the macaw again? I don't like deadmines, so I won't go and repeatedly farm it.

Turns out, that they all thought that I meant Ol' Beaky, and not the Brilliant Macaw. Oh well.

Update:

And just now, casual fly over Twilight Highlands again, and Karoma is there!
My guildie, whose stable consists pretty much of all the rares that I find and call him to come and tame them, is yet again one spirit beast richer :-)

21:34, near Crucible of Carnage

Update 2:
Random decision to check on Terrorpene. I am speechless. So...many...rares!!!

Update 3:
Might aswell check Deepholm. Squee was there, but my hunter guildie didn't have the bombs and it wasn't the daily. Luckily, I always have the bombs :-) Squee found a new owner (the minipet is mine, I do feel sorry for killing her, but tiny shale spider is just so adorable)

But that was a very lucky saturday all in all. I thought I'd share it, and see how many of you randomly found one of the rare parrots in the Deadmines, or farmed for it and have some stories :-)
Last edited by Samskeyti on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: A lucky saturday (with an unlucky end) *screenie include

Unread post by Chimera »

awe :( i love the Brilliant Macaw and ive been grinding ferociously on my newly created worgen just to grab him solo style, damn BoA gear lvled me too quickly to spam dungeon (i'll prolly abandon tho... i already got a black owl that looks absolutely dashing beside me lol) Grats on your Sambas!! He's the hardest to get out of the two and if you still wanna go after the macaw, maybe random Heroics will help or maybe a couple runs whenever you get the itching urge? It'll spawn sooner or later once more when your in there :3

Edit: lol the freezing trap is a few yards beside you guys xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: An unbelievably silly lucky saturday! *screenies include

Unread post by Comett »

Grats! Nice finds!

You know, the whole "I didn't see it" excuse via breaking people's tames really makes me go "...". Perhaps it's just because I'm a hunter so I have that extra bit of care when killing beasts or something, but... hunter channel bar, giant hearts? I thought they'd be pretty obvious signs ._.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

*gets out "her" doctory stuff that she stole from Saturo.*

I'm sorry, I'm going to need to take some of your luck.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Big grats to you!!! Way to go! :D
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Re: Update: An unbelievably silly lucky saturday! *pics*

Unread post by Samskeyti »

*grins* Yes the trap is a bit off, I didn't know Sambas would do a big jump!

I don't know why people don't notice when someone is channeling a tame either, it does seem pretty obvious to me. But maybe it's just pure lack of care, and not realizing how rare something can be. That, paired with me being some crazy obsessed rare hunter (I'm sure my guild thinks a bit like that :-) ) I don't know.

I really should add a textmacro to the tame button, saying something like "Taming %t (target), please do not attack"
Griffley
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Outland - EU

Re: Update: An unbelievably silly lucky saturday! *pics*

Unread post by Griffley »

I got both the parrots in three runs :)
couldnt believe some ppl did it like 60 times
/cheer
Teevo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter