A day of pack building

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
O2Si
Realm: Zangarmarsh

A day of pack building

Unread post by O2Si »

After some inspiration I decided see if I could start my own wolf pack. As a fairly new Worgen hunter I wanted to get an assortment of 'family' for companions in my world. (Please don't see this as a debate about Worgens being wolfmen)

Since I had just hit 44 I thought I would start with the ghost wolf (The Lone Hunter) from the Eastern Plaguelands. He really is a beauty and became my companion for the days adventures. Next I placed my level 80+ toons around the globe to watch over spawn points.

Silver Dragon was a huge help as was my wife's periodic assistance on her level 85 hunter with two-seater rocket. :)

There were a couple of tense moments though. While trying to run to Silverpine to tame Gorefang I inadvertently ran through a Horde camp and was one-shotted. This was disturbing on a character that only has a total of five deaths. Fortunately I made it to Gorefang while he was still in one piece.

After spotting Lupos on my 85 Mage I relogged to my Hunter and started the run to Dark Shore. I arrived to find no sign of Lupos. I frantically ran the banks looking for him without success. Next I came across a dead wolf, though not Lupos. Fearing the worst I started following a trail of bodies checking each one to see if it was my lost friend. Soon I came upon a Warlock that was slaying each wolf they could find in order. Just then I spotted Lupos as the next target in the path. Racing ahead I jumped from my mount and started to tame, hoping the Warlock would show mercy. After what seemed like 10 minutes the tame completed and I had rescued my new partner, knowing full well the favor would be returned many times over.

My last catch of the day didn't seem like it would happen. When I found Barnabus he was level 46 and I had just made 45. I ran one dungeon and then leveled in the Badlands for a pretty long time. Upon reaching 46 I returned just in case my luck was holding. In short order I had tamed my last find of the day.

It may be that folks are just busy doing other things in Cata and nobody is looking for the rares. I can't be sure but I will say the day was a huge high for me with each successful find.

By the end of the day I had tamed the following:
The Lone Hunter
Snarler
Old Cliff Jumper
Lupos
Mist Howler
Gorefang
Timber
Barnabus

When it was all done I had really grown to love my companion through it all. My new daily pet? The Lone Hunter from this morning. While a guaranteed find he quickly work his way to my side.

Thanks for all the posts on here that helped me through one of my best days playing WoW.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Re: A day of pack building

Unread post by Bonita »

Gratz on your tames and gl

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Wow, busy day! Congrats on all your new pets!!! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Grats! I always thought worgen hunters with wolf packs were a cute idea. Have you gotten the worg pup vanity pet to go along with them? ;)
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

I love my ghost worg skin pet (HER name is nightmare) that I have on my worgen
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Grats, that is awesome!

I hope you decide to look for Deathmaw (and Ironjaw, I love them both) sometime! :D
O2Si
Realm: Zangarmarsh

Unread post by O2Si »

Worg pup is a great idea. I should have been on top of that. I wish I could get a wolf mount.

When I get to the appropriate level I will definitely go after Deathmaw and Ironjaw.

Playing this hunter is really a kick.

Thanks all!
Amayane
Realm: EU Gilneas

Unread post by Amayane »

Aww, grats on all these cute tames! I really love wolves but sadly my stable is full :( But i still have 4 wolves. They are not rare ones, but still very special for me.
firekeeper77
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by firekeeper77 »

awwww, grats! barnabus was my longest wait when i camped him back in the day.

seems like you have a nice wolf pack going. :D