I cant help but feel bad...(Terrorpene tame story)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

I cant help but feel bad...(Terrorpene tame story)

Unread post by Bryndell »

I hit 83 this morning, and have been planning on Terropene for a while. I read all about the tame, stocked up on haste food, haste elixer, pots, put lifeblood, and Deterrence on my bars in easy reach...etc.

I decided to go hit a spot while I was bored this afternoon. I saw another hunter there, she was 85. After about 5-6 hours of camping...I saw him. Now,my scan didnt go off, because my friend had used Terrorpene as a tank in BT last night...and I forgot about the cache...whoops. I looked at my screen to see and was OMG THERE HE IS!

I tried to tame, he killed me. I admit, that time was fueled and ruined by adrenaline. 2nd try, I had to feign to avoid getting killed. By this time, Im on my 2nd CD of deterrence, and Im TERRIFIED someone will come snatch him from me! I wail in gchat and my GM comes to help out. But before she gets to me...Terrorpene is pathing way off the marked paths on the NPC overlay...so Im following him around silently cursing, and hoping no one tames..I hit the side of the lava, pop a resistance elixer, haste elixer, detterence, and tame...halfway through it I pop the haste pot and lifeblood...and just as my GM lands...I see the yellow flash. I squealed. I started with 64K health, and actually ended the tame at something like 48K I think.

THEN...I realize....oh man...that 85 is STILL THERE CAMPING. :( How did she NOT see him, or be alerted Ill NEVER know.

So I whispered her, and honestly apologized for messing up her camp,but I just tamed him, and thought she would like to know for timers sake. I fully expected to get yelled at. I mean, Im 83, shes 85, and who KNOWS how long she had been camping. I purposely stayed OFF her patrol..I couldnt help it he popped on the tiny spot where I was.

Thankfully she was a good sport, and I pointed out the spawn, how he patrolled, and where I tamed him. She was geniunely happy for my tame, but sad about her 14 hour camp. I dont blame her...mine was 6 hours. And that was just...OMG HEY lets see if he pops..if not Ill go level..

TL;DR

I got Terrorpene after my first ever 6 hour camp, and beat out an 85 who had been there twice as long at 2 levels higher and now I feel a wee bit guilty, but more happy.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: I cant help but feel bad...(Terrorpene tame story)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

If you were both there camping, then it was first come, first serve. And if she didn't notice him there after your initial trials and failures, then Terrorpene wanted to go home with you. :)

Congratulations on your tame; mine was very similar. Only I was level 81 and didn't bother prepping with pots or anything. I died trying to tame him the first time because I wanted to get a feel for him, then I followed him around until my boyfriend flew out on his pally and healed me.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new, awesome turtle. ^_^

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Grats on your tame. Truthfully, you were there first and they didnt notice after your failures the first few times, thats their loss. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rathidion
Realm: Deathwing (US)

Unread post by Rathidion »

Awesome! I got my terrorpene (at 82) last night, after 3 days of on and off checking. Nobody else was around, but I had to call in a favour from a priest to shield and HoT me, so that I didn't die.

Wartortle has never been happier at home.
Ellonna
Realm: Ravenholdt

Unread post by Ellonna »

My boyfriend called and woke me at 6 a.m. saying Terrorpene was up. Now, I have a terrible connection -- almost 2k latency on a regular basis, and more than that at peak times (bad satellite ftl), so I can't log out in Org -- if I do I get disconnected almost immediately upon logging in, so there was a lot of panic about how to get me there quickly. He ended up finding someone to summon me at the RFC stone and we made it to Hyjal.

I was only 81 at the time, and neither of us had even bothered looking Terrorpene up, so I tried to tame and got roasted immediately. I rezzed and my boyfriend went to get his druid to help me; in the mean time, an 84 dwarf hunter showed up and tried to tame Terrorpene and died.

So, tame attempt number two, with my boyfriend on his druid, went a little better -- but I couldn't hold aggro on Terrorpene with the amount of HoTs he was putting on me without killing him. The dwarf showed back up and started trying to kill me.

In the end, we ended up getting help from an enhancement shaman and a rogue who was able to Tricks on to me so I could finish the tame easily. Mr. Dwarf Hunter seemed very annoyed, but he WAS trying to steal my tame. >.> He died a couple times. At one point Terrorpene was down to about 400 hp... I almost cried, but we managed to reset him just in time. Craziest tame of my life.
Suicune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst/Staghelm

Unread post by Suicune »

>_<;;

Sorry about me ruining the cache on ya, didn't even occur to me lol- but heck, I'm very glad you got him in the end, when you yelped in chat my hands started shaking like I was coming to tame something myself XD

I was so panicked trying to get to you that I didn't even stop to grab my corehound, just planned on using what I had to give you a nudge, but better you got him yourself- it's so much more gratifying that way :D

Now raise your little guy to be strong like mine, maybe he will bite Illidan's butt one day too :lol:
~Queen of the Spirit Beasts~

Follow me on Twitter @GoddessSuicune

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... e/advanced <-Main.

http://goddess-suicune.deviantart.com/ <-Rarely updated, too busy playing WoW. :lol:

The Dark Swarm is always looking for new faces! Stop by our Guild website: http://www.thedarkswarm.gamerlaunch.com (Azuremyst/Staghelm)
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

It happens. I tamed Ashtail then realized that another hunter was also camping him, I'd been there for three days and had JUST logged on and he was like waiting for me cause he popped up right as I logged in and got off my mount to get a ore nod that was right there. I guess he had been sitting there for 7 hours waiting...he said since I was there for three days then it was tec' mine anyways and wished me well....I still felt bad too.
But either way, congrads :)
Bryndell
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Bryndell »

Suicune wrote:>_<;;

Sorry about me ruining the cache on ya, didn't even occur to me lol- but heck, I'm very glad you got him in the end, when you yelped in chat my hands started shaking like I was coming to tame something myself XD

I was so panicked trying to get to you that I didn't even stop to grab my corehound, just planned on using what I had to give you a nudge, but better you got him yourself- it's so much more gratifying that way :D

Now raise your little guy to be strong like mine, maybe he will bite Illidan's butt one day too :lol:
Dude...I didnt even THINK to check cache. Spring Break has ruined my normally SMART brain this week.