The Continued Adventures of Ruchbah and co. (Madexx pump!)

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

The Continued Adventures of Ruchbah and co. (Madexx pump!)

Unread post by Comett »

Right board? I think so! We are totally discussing exactly how rockin' Ruchbah- uh, Madexx in general, is!

For those of you who don't know him, meet my little man:
(He says "Hiiii!!!!!")

When camping Madexx, I wanted green. However, quoth someone on these forums, "Madexx knows all", and blue I was given after a bothersome camp. I didn't like him, I admit. But that didn't stop little Ruchy. My boyfriend helped me name him (after a star) and from the first dungeon I took him in - you know, the "bond test" run? - and his first little Mexican wave wiggle, I knew he was a keeper. This was further affirmed a while later during the whole common-spawn-Madexx-colour "scare" when I realised I didn't even care if he was a common colour, he was my little dude and I was honoured to have him. (I later revamped my entire stable following that belief! It's so nice to run with pets I love.)

ANYHOW. Now, my boyfriend isn't much of a pet person in general, so you can imagine how amazed I was when he started referring to Ruchy as "ours". When I mentioned taming another scorpid model, bf got all sulky with me and said he didn't want another scorpion he liked Ruchy. (Que "awwww")

So, last night a couple of guildies and I went into VOA for kicks cause one of them wanted the mammoth mount that drops. We had 2 dps, a tank and a healer so I got Ruchy out to offtank a bit. First we tried 25 man - we got the original guy, Archavon (earth? stone? something) down which was hilarious, with Ruchy picking up as the offtank brilliantly, I didn't even have to roll MD too much - only did it as a safety blanket, probably not needed. Was awesome. Then we went and did all bosses in 10 man. The only boss that gave us trouble was the ice guy (stacking debuff on tank) which eventually ate through our tank and our DK dps, so I popped taunt and cower and Ruchy, healer and I burnt through the last ~700k :D What a little champ! As you can imagine after that little stunt my guildies were suitably impressed and amused that "super scorpion" could tank so well hahaha!

(Three cheers for Ruchy!)

Just a little before our server restart, Ruchy and I headed out to Uldum - I'm not at all interested in another Madexx myself, but I've been heading out there because it's more interesting than sitting in SW lol. With only a couple of minutes to the restart, guess who spawns but red Madexx. I hesitantly tame her as no one else was around to tame and I already watched a Madexx get killed yesterday (traumatising hahaha)... very mixed feelings. Cute scorpid, but I have no need for her and Ruchy is very much an "only scorpid" type of pet... he's gotta be the top dog! But you never know, he may feel differently once he gets to know her... girlfriend for Ruchy in the house? Idk, idk. He's just a little pimpmaster.

SO. While we all sit here and bask in Ruchbah's awesome limelight, lets share some stories about our awesome Madexxes (or as they should be called, "Relatives of Ruchbah"). I gotta say, my little dude has certainly wormed his way into my heart ;D

sabiitoothtiger
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Re: The Continued Adventures of Ruchbah and co. (Madexx pump

Unread post by sabiitoothtiger »

That story was cute enough to make me puke cotton candy and rainbows.. But seriously! Congratulations on your awesome Scorpid! I always love reading these epic tales of Hunters and their too cool pets. I wish more people would post storied like this about Madexx instead of sulk stories (Not that I don't feel for you all! It's just.. depressing D:).

Once I get my little Thazzy to level I'm gonna go hunting for Madexx! Crossing my fingers for blue or green but honestly, I'll tame any skin :D

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Why thank you. :D I think I read somewhere that you got your tame? Congrats!

sabiitoothtiger
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by sabiitoothtiger »

Oh I wish XD I haven't even gotten the baby Hunter to 70 yet!

scottyy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by scottyy »

I tamed my brown Madexx the day before they changed the common scorpids skin. I was angry at first and unfortunately named my little scorpion uMADbro out of anger >.<. The way I tamed him though was pretty cool and he is my awesome little PvP pet now! A orc warrior was attacking and killing him and as he was nearing 50% hp i ducked down and used the /emote stop to stop him in his tracks at 5% health left! He quickly stopped and let me tame him. A quick /cheer and thanks and I was on my way.