My lack-luster taming stories

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Grokan
Realm: Garrosh

My lack-luster taming stories

Unread post by Grokan »

I like to browse these forums for pet news/discussions, and every time I see somebody post a great story about their taming adventures, I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on the "thrill of the hunt" so to speak. All of my tames, save for Skoll, have been simple "go to spawn point and get luckly." If anything, I can say that all of my rares, again with the exception of Skoll ( Ghostcrawler), have come in pairs.

It started with Gondria and Aotona: I logged out at one of Gondria's spawn points the night before cata launched, and lo and behold, there she was, waiting for me when I logged in the following morning. I then immediately went to Sholozar Basin to look for Loque, and just happened upon Aotona.

The next pair of rares I tamed were Terrorpene and Arcturis. This time I just thought on a whim, "I wonder if that turtle is up..." and yep, he was there. Then, after taming him I, for whatever reason, thought to check for Arcturis. Again, there he was, almost waiting for me.

The next pair, or pair of pairs, was when I was going for Pogeyan. When I went to the spawn point he wasn't there, but the other two rares were, so I tamed those. A couple hours later I came back and found Pogeyan, Immediately following I had another knee-jerk "lets see if (insert rare-beast here) is up!" I book it to Sholozar and check for Loque and there she is, just walking around in the forest. Drop down, abandon one of my non-rare pets and tame her.

The final pair, and perhaps the most lucky of them all, was Karoma and Sambas. A week or so ago during my break between classes I decided to head over to the Twilight Highlands and look for Karoma and Sambas. Well, I found Karoma in the very first spot I check and was able to tame him no problem. To be honest, my heart was kinda racing at this point. Caught up in the excitement I swoop over to the nearest Sambas spawn point and, yep, he's there, too! Hit tame and 10 seconds later I have the Twilight Duo.

Now, I'm not complaining that I have these pets or how I got, because these were the best possible conditions: nobody else was around so I didn't have to worry about people stealing them from me, and I didn't have to go through any extraordinary means to get them, but the stories I have are just so...blah compared to everybody's. ;)
Sherbe
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor-EU, Korgall-EU. Bloodhoof-EU

Re: My lack-luster taming stories

Unread post by Sherbe »

Don't feel bad, Grokan. For me for example, Loque was an awful camp but one day while camping him Krush spawned and I tamed him easily with only one fear. I have camped for Sambas and it was long and had an incident (first Sambas killed me and a mage killed him while I was corpserunning) but Karoma was tamed on a flyby. Both Terrorpene and GC were just there for me when I went to their spawnpoints. Gondria and Olm were there. Nothing exciting about it.

But what really matters in the end is how much you like/connect with your pets, isn't it? For me, I use Karoma almost most of my Spirit beasts (Skoll and GC already released, even if Skoll camp was long), but Sambas isn't used nearly as much. I seem to use only Krush in Lost City of Tol'vir, it's like he's just the pet for that dungeon, and it gives him personality :)

Hydra sig by Vephriel, may this hydra soon befriend Sherbe!