Good luck priest and a 3 for 3 hunt!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Calomel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Icecrown

Good luck priest and a 3 for 3 hunt!

Unread post by Calomel »

Yesterday was one of those rare-hunting days that I only dream about when I'm on my hunter. Three beautiful rare pets; Skoll, Karoma and Sambas all tamed in the same evening.

The day started with Tol Barad. I noticed a hunter running around with a freshly tamed Skoll while doing the TB dailies and congratulated him on his tame. He was understandably happy, having camped weeks for his pup and was nice enough to share an estimate taming-time. I have Loque'nahak and not much desire for the other spirit beasts, but a guildmate of mine had been hunting Skoll for eight months with no luck. So I set a 6-hour timer on my priest and went about my business.

6 hours later, I'm on the priest and circling Storm Peaks. My guildie logs in and we start the hunt together. I had to leave for the guild raid, but gave her some 'how to not go insane' tips for camping rares. At exactly the 12 hour mark as the raid is ending, Skoll pops and she grabs him! I fly on over to Northrend to admire her new friend and we get to talking. Talking turns into an amazingly fun trip across Azeroth with her on /follow as I skim through a bunch of rare spawn locations I know of.

We find a few, but nothing she wanted to tame, so I head back up to Twilight Highlands with the intent of getting back to Org. On the way, I decide to make a quick loop for Karoma. "Wouldn't it be funny if we found KarOMG THERE IT IS! TAME IT!" comes out of my mouth over Vent as my NPCscan goes crazy. She dismounts and Karoma is hers! On a whim five minutes later, I drag her out past Sambas' spawn points just to check. I wasn't expecting to actually find him, but there he was! Two in-demand rares in five minutes!

And now she believes my priest is a good luck charm. If so, I want some of this luck for my Madexx hunt! :lol:

Tanin - Troll - Beast Master - Icecrown, US
Currently Hunting: ...for the pacifier...

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: Good luck priest and a 3 for 3 hunt!

Unread post by Nubhorns »

There are some people who are just good luck charms in general. :P My friend plays a warrior, but Karoma didn't want to spawn until said friend offered to chain run dungeons with me to take the edge off and I agreed, but decided to do one last loop around. She also made Aotona and Loque pop up, among other rares.

Grats to your friend! :) I need to get said warrior to drag me around, now...

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||