Race to Gosh-Haldir

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
tactfullyArtisan
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Emerald Dream US

Race to Gosh-Haldir

Unread post by tactfullyArtisan »

I went to go check on OCJ this evening on Nesingwary on my 62 Hunter in the Petopians guild. When he wasn't there, I decided "Hey, why not check on the tameables in Loch Modan?" I'd been looking to get a unique wasp pet for awhile, and Nix struck my fancy. So I headed down there on my raggedy 150% speed flying mount.
I ended up discovering that Nix, Ashtail, AND Gosh-Haldir were up. I tamed Nix real quick, and then Ikult piped up on her lowbie hunter that she'd like to tame Gosh-Haldir - problem is, that hunter was only 18, and getting her from Northern Barrens to Loch Modan would be quite a task. Nevertheless, she set out by way of Ratchet and started her journey to Loch Modan and I went off to look for Broken Tooth down in Badlands.
When she had made her way to Searing Gorge, we were talking in Guild Chat (I had returned to Goshy and began to ice-trap her) and Shaon offered a 2 seater land mount for the rest of the journey. They took maybe a half hour to get to Loch Modan from Searing Gorge, all the while me sitting with <The Clutch Mother> trapped and hanging out with Rangedps's Alli rogue. I mentioned that the croc would probably have frostbite after it was all over because of the amount of ice trapping I had to do, and Iku decided that she would name her Frostbite.
Finally, after lots of deaths to evil whelplings, Iku was able to make it to Loch Modan and finally tame her Frostbite :D

Edit: Oops, wrong SS xD
Taming!
Taming!
WoWScrnShot_031111_204931.jpg (262.39 KiB) Viewed 1262 times
The whole gang
The whole gang
WoWScrnShot_031111_205119.jpg (135.4 KiB) Viewed 1262 times

But you can skyrocket away from me,
and never come back if you find another galaxy
far from here with more room to fly.
Just leave me your stardust to remember you by.

Avatar by Moonlost, sig by Ashaine.

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: Race to Gosh-Haldir

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Hah, excellent. :D

I went by route through Tirisfal > Hillsbrad > Arathi > Wetlands > and then the Loch to get my Gosh-Haldir, I didn't know you could get through via Badlands anymore - granted she was on a two-person mount, and that route is probably better if you'd rather not dodge some dwarves along the way.

Congrats on your Nix tame, and grats on her Gosh tame as well. :) Those are both fantastic pets.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Celi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Oceanic

Unread post by Celi »

I ran my Nessingwary hunter Celi through following the same route that Nubhorns listed. Didn't die once. All five tameables were up at the same time. Still haven't named my Gosh though.
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

I was more than happy to help, even if my offer of a ride turned into more of a "kill everything in our path" method of getting you to the Loch. Blackjack and I were pleased to play bodyguard. Though I think Blackjack had a little too much fun...

Gosh is an awesome croc. I had to have that croc for my goblin too-though Matti's journey down was easier (hubby has a two seater rocket). Well chosen and well tamed. Adventure well together.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Nubhorns wrote:Hah, excellent. :D

I went by route through Tirisfal > Hillsbrad > Arathi > Wetlands > and then the Loch to get my Gosh-Haldir, I didn't know you could get through via Badlands anymore - granted she was on a two-person mount, and that route is probably better if you'd rather not dodge some dwarves along the way.

Congrats on your Nix tame, and grats on her Gosh tame as well. :) Those are both fantastic pets.
I kept suggesting that Ikult take that exact path, but the response was 'too boring' or something along those lines. Well, I'm sure that running through the Burnign Steppes and Searing Gorge was anything but boring :P

It's very subtle, but you can still walk from Badlands to Loch Modan and back. There's a small, switchback path through the scar, connecting the Uldaman digsite and the part of Loch Modan that's filled with fire elementals.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!