Help Brakara Choose a 40 Pet!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.

Which pet?

Ripscale (Rare spawn White Cata croc)
31%
Yellow Croc
35%
Spiky Blue Crab
19%
Jungle Spider
12%
Grey Turtle
4%

Total votes: 26

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Help Brakara Choose a 40 Pet!

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm leveling a hunter at the moment named Brakara. She's getting a new pet every 5 levels for every zone she visits. At the moment she's in Dustwallow, and I'm wondering what pet she should pick up at level 40. I've narrowed it down to the choices above.

Ripscale has an awesome skin, but I'm not sure if I want to tame rare spawns on this hunter. It kind of seems like it defeats the purpose of this character's pet choices! I haven't chosen any rares before, either.

The yellow crocolisk really represents Dustwallow. It's an obvious choice.

The spiky blue crab... While nice, I don't know how much it'll match her, and it doesn't represent the zone much. Still, it's a nice one.

Jungle Spiders are beautiful, and I've been wanting one for a while. It's not quite as symbolic of the zone as the yellow croc is, though.

Finally, the grey turtle seems like a very symbolic pet for the area. I also like the skin.

So, what do you guys think? I'm leaning towards either the spider or the turtle, but Ripscale is very pretty.

Thanks!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Help Brakara Choose a 40 Pet!

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Ergh, hard choice. I picked up the Clutchmother on Roxíe just because she only has a 5 minute respawn timer and she's almost always up. If Rip happens to be up as you level or whatever, I'd say tame him, otherwise I'm in a pickle over the yellow croc or green spider.

I know I regret taming a spider so early on on Roxíe.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Look what I've started! :D

For me, the 'rare' did defeat the purpose, but 'me' is not 'you' for sure. the only reason I would suggest against the crab is that if you're going to Vashj'ir, crabs and warp stalkers are the only two choices, and you wouldn't want to wear that out fast.

I would probably decide which of the pets is closer to where I am and go for it there. It might help make the choice easier!
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Aye, I might end up deciding on the pet because of that. I'm still thinking turtle or jungle spider. I really like grey turtles, and I've never given them a chance - but I LOVE jungle spiders, too. x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Wark
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring-US

Unread post by Wark »

Basic yellow croc, because when I think "Dustwallow Marsh" I groan loudly and mutter imprecations about "all those @#$%ing crocolisks" between me and my destination. No joke, my mental snapshot of the zone is a bunch of mossy gray trees between pools of stagnant water... and a crocolisk lying in wait to dismount me in said pool.

Freakin' crocolisks.

That said, I'm biased in favor of crocs-- when's the next time you'll end up in a zone that is so perfectly epitomized by scaly flat waterbeast? Yeah, sure, there's other things there, but spider belong to any mine or dusky jungle, and turtles crop up wherever you have nice, peaceful, fishable water. Which is a lot of places. And crabs... don't get me started on crabs. You can catch 'em anywhere!

Ripscale is no good just because newfangled Cataclysm crocolisks are too fancy-pants for somewhere as mucky and irritating as Dustwallow.

So: yellow crocolisk.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Wark wrote:Basic yellow croc, because when I think "Dustwallow Marsh" I groan loudly and mutter imprecations about "all those @#$%ing crocolisks" between me and my destination. No joke, my mental snapshot of the zone is a bunch of mossy gray trees between pools of stagnant water... and a crocolisk lying in wait to dismount me in said pool.

Freakin' crocolisks.

That said, I'm biased in favor of crocs-- when's the next time you'll end up in a zone that is so perfectly epitomized by scaly flat waterbeast? Yeah, sure, there's other things there, but spider belong to any mine or dusky jungle, and turtles crop up wherever you have nice, peaceful, fishable water. Which is a lot of places. And crabs... don't get me started on crabs. You can catch 'em anywhere!

Ripscale is no good just because newfangled Cataclysm crocolisks are too fancy-pants for somewhere as mucky and irritating as Dustwallow.

So: yellow crocolisk.
Yup, Wark said it best. Almost word for word what I'd have said, though I may have used more profanity in describing my feelings of trying to run through those crocs. Yellow croc it is! :D
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

OH GODS. SO MANY CROCS.
I'm thinking I'll choose the croc, if only because they won't leave me alone!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

I also say yellow croc. :D It's just so Dustwallow.