Skarr - Server First Lightbringer

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer: Alliance

Skarr - Server First Lightbringer

Unread post by Lazurianis »

Title says all I have a huge pet lump that I wanted a new pet, so I ran into Molten Front to see if Deth'tilac was up (No) and I get this funny feeling (Check skarr) so I did and there is a tiny red dot misplaced "Skarr" I spazzed out, with my jump buff I went over him and fell down and glitched, hearthed, and came back (still alive) and rush into MM and I was at 10k HP and tamed him. I am SO happy I merely got him minutes after posting this I can't submit a SS though D:

Everyone has there lucky moments, good luck and happy hunting!

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Jodmos

Re: Skarr - Server First Lightbringer

Unread post by Jodmos »

How is this even possible. You need three days of dailies to open the portal to the molten front.
Kurenio
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul

Unread post by Kurenio »

Jodmos wrote:How is this even possible. You need three days of dailies to open the portal to the molten front.
Not necessarily it seems on all realms 30m-1h before daily resets there was a soft reset allowing you to get into the molten front on the second day of the patch instead of the third.

My Characters
Signatures thanks to the amazing Sookie,Kuraine,
Rongar, Serenith and Me!
"Follow my heart, Follow my head, I'll follow anything to get to her heart."
12 hunters and 10 other classes being leveled.

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I think some people are also doing trash runs for rep in the firelands raid, which opens up more dailies... which would let you get into the molten front faster as well. If the soft reset is true too.. wish I had known about it, heh.

Grats though :D I really want Skarr.. but for some somewhat personal reasons. It's a big mystic looking black kitty... She would be perfect.. (yep, it'd be a she for me!)
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Toomoonz
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Toomoonz »

Skarr Server 1st Steamwheedle Cartel
Used the same 2nd day daily quest reset trick.... thought about it while I was work, waited all day to come home and there she was, waiting for me like a good kitty waiting for a home, even her fireball missed me.... love at first sight, and server first tame!
Syriana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Syriana »

Toomoonz my npcscan went off for skarr while I was waiting for one of the spirit beasts. XP Talk about a heart attack..... grats though! I'd whisper you to see it, but I can't as you're the enemy. ;)
Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Is Skarr on the last floating stone you can jump to or the little one after that that you cant jump to?

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Yeah, believe it or not I updated SilverDragon and NPCScan and programmed them both for Skarr and they didn't pop. Luckily I was scrolling my mouse over everything :lol:

“Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans, because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean, or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they always go for the throat.”
― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Sha'Halo

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

How can you even get to the rocks. When I go there there's a huge wall of fire between Malfurions Breach and the Furnace. I can't even get up there.

Jäysee
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands

Unread post by Jäysee »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:How can you even get to the rocks. When I go there there's a huge wall of fire between Malfurions Breach and the Furnace. I can't even get up there.
Go around the left side edge, real close like.

ZoMbIe BeAr WiLl EaT yOuR BrAiNs!

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Thank you. I'd seen people up there but they were cross faction so I logged in an Ally and asked them. I got alot of rude answers. lol

Pepsi Jedi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Caught mine tonight at about 9:30 Est on Sha'halo. He spawned at the 'lower' island.

I was at the "upper' Island and let me tell you, those fall away stones are brutal. It's not so much that you can't do it. You can. It's that you over compensate and end up messing yourself up.

And something I don't think anyone's mentioned. I'll say it in big letters.

IF YOU FALL, YOU DIE AND HAVE TO REZ AT THE SPIRIT HEALER.

This sucks.. because at lvl 85... you'll take about 50 to 60 gold in repairs..

It's also bad because.. when you see your pet and run to get him and fall. It ports you to the OTHER SIDE OF THE ZONE.

And when you rez... you have to cross the zone...

You also.. have 10 minutes of Rez sickness.

Normally this isn't a huge deal. But with all the people running around the area, you're compeating with both other hunters. AND anyone that goes "Oh! Shiny! A rare. Lets kill it for lootz"

I was up at the upper island. Looked down and saw a dot on the lower. ran my cursor over it and it read "Skarr"

I headed down. Fell off the island uggg...you fall for about a full minute before it kills you. then throws you to the spirit healer (( can't run back you just fall through the stones)) Rez there.. then got ganked by a Druid of the flame.

TWICE.

That's three deaths....

Made it alive the third time and ran back over. Yelling expletives, just knowing someone would tame him while I was gone.

Made it and went "hurm.. rez sickness but I gotta try." A DK was closing in to kill him.

Skarr went "HA. Puss" And one shotted me. (( I'm in 351 gear. It still one shotted me))

Fourth death.

Just before I released the DK fell off too.

So I'm running back again the DK is actually in front of me and I know I have like 8 minutes left on my rez sickness. Can't tame him with that. Get there as the DK rez's and moves in for the kill.

They're actually horde so i'm like "Please don't!! I'm trying to tame him but I have Rez sickness. I'll give you the 25 gold you'll get from the tear. Just don't kill him."

The DK is cool. Confirms I'm trying to tame and gives me "one shot" to do it.

She actually waited the 8 minutes for my rez sickness to wear off.

I don't even TRY to go out on the island this time. (( if you get TOO close he aggors on his own and shoots you before you get your stuff of))

Here's another thing not mentioned on Skarr.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ON A FLOATING ISLAND TO TAME HIM.

You can stand on the SHORE and do it.

I'll say that again. You don't have to be on a floating island to get him.

I stood on the shore. Aggro'd him.

Silence shot.

Tame.

Got him before he even got me to half life.

Speaking with another hunter. You do NOT have to be on the floating islands on the top one either. Either one you can tame from the 'Shore'. So..... Don't risk your life and repair bills like I did. I was out about 100 gold by the end of it, but I DID get him.

One more detail. The "Southern" Floating island, is really "Low" So you'll want to be on the bottom of the gulf.

The "Northern" island is way high, so you gotta get across at least once and be on the 'shore' of the upper.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

When I fell, I did *not* have to res at the spirit healer. My corpse was placed--a la Outland--on the edge of the stone nearest my fall point. Check the "shore" before you gy-res!
Taaveti
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: TW-Shadowmoon

Unread post by Taaveti »

A comment on wowhead gave some very valuable information about the tame, I'm not sure if it's on the forum.

On the last rock before jumping onto the Fireplume island, there is a gust of wind that will grant you a buff that increases casting speed by 100%.
That and ancient hysteria got me my Skarr (after 3 deaths) as I was able to finish my cast before its first barrage hit.

And actually for my 4 deaths I did not need to spirit rez once, sometimes I end up way across the zone but everytime I run back in ghost form I was able to find my corpse somewhere (just having to jump up to the island again)
Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Wow. Okay so I am in Molten Front again today and decide to camp Solix for about an hour. (At 4 Server) So NPCscan goes off while I am surfing the web. "Rare Found: Deth'tilac" I am like "WTF" so I go outside and see Deth'tilac being kited. The hunter has died by this time. I rush to Deth'tilac (forgetting to put on my real gear >.>) and tag him and begin kiting. I call in my two close friends to come help me with this task. So as I am shaking so hard and sick to my stomach to boot one minute in; 40M, second; 34M, third; 30M, fourth; 28M, fifth; 20M, and finally sixth; 14M. Between the second and fourth minute interval I got Deth Striked twice (Both missed HAH). And I begin taming the Smoldering Darkness. The Hunter that failed came and began spamming Tame Beast (Obviously a griefer) as he approached me Deth Strike: 2/5 Sec Cast. Finally at 0 Seconds he finished Deth Strike. And I died as a tamed him. I am so happy I was out there for a week. (After I tamed him the hunter started raging on me about how he 'let' me have him.) But I am so happy I waltzed into him without intending on camping him. To all of your; Your time WILL come. Don't ever give up, and the best part is: Have your friends there to support you all the way. :)

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

How is that hunter a griefer? It's easy to fail and die on Deth'tilac, and he got there before you did, so technically, if anything, you're stealing his tame.

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Mekhit
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Mekhit »

tamed Skarr on Vek'nilash (eu) at 10:15 server time on the south floating platforms of fireplume. :headbang:

i must say tho that i found it easy all i done was stand in range (on another platform) start tame, hit silence when Skarr started to cast and tame again then done had over 3/4 health left. :D
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

Jodmos wrote:How is this even possible. You need three days of dailies to open the portal to the molten front.
I took my rogue to the Sanctuary of Malorne for the first time, ready to start my dailies; the two initial quests awarded 10 and 6 marks which made me think "that doesn't sound right..." Then I did the dailies for the first time and got the remaining 4, bang, straight into the portal.

I dunno if they changed that or something, because it took a few days for all my other 85's. =/

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Lazurianis
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

@Chaoyll

He told me I could have it after he died. So in all respects after he spammed tamed it even though he said "Yeah i'll let you have it" He was griefing at that point. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

― R. Adm. Jay Stark
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

To be honest it sounds a little like something I did. When I found Deth'tilac, pulled her and after a while a lot of people decided to show up, some of them hunters to try and steal the tame, others just random people to try and kill her/help the other hunters there, I got killed after a point and I decided to wait until they'd dragged her down to low health before ressing and trying to steal the tame. It didn't work out too well though and she was killed. It was my tame to start with though, so I feel I did have the right to try and steal it back again.

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts