The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by Sarantha »

Rehomed Anthriss to myself. I had abandoned her because I didn't much like her model, but after seeing her up for so long, I started feeling sorry for her and ditched another pet I didn't like much and tamed her. No one at all was around, so I had no issue taming her since no one tried to kill her or steal the tame. I pulled her into lava using concuss shot, cast deterrence, and tamed easily. She didn't even hit me. I have enough haste that my tame went off before she could damage me. This time around, I feel a much better bond with the pet because I tamed her because I WANTED to, not just because she was a rare. I think I will end up keeping Anni this time around. I was uncreative and just named her that. Anni.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

cuteness sara

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Melentari »

I rehomed Ban'thalos again this morning, to a Belf while I was on my Draenei. I had to log over to one of my Horde characters and whisper her that I was trying to help her, and after a bit, she finally got him. A Worgen hunter was on at the same time, but she started trying second - and actually apologised when she realised that the Belf had been there first. Classy! I promised her that the next time I found Banny up, I'd toss her a whisper so she could get him, and I'd help her out, too. After our Belfy friend got her owl, we all went over to the hill nearby and hung out for a few with our spirit pets - her with her new Banny, me with my Gondria, and the Worgen with her Magria. I grabbed a quick screencap:

Rehoming always makes me feel warm fuzzies.

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Not REALLY a rehome... but I still feel warm and fuzzy.

I've been checking periodically for Karkin (it's ALWAYS Skarr). I think crabs are cute, and his skin is neat, so I want him even though I have a ton of "better" tanks. I got up there today, and found another hunter trying and failing repeatedly at taming him. She was using the buff off the thermals, but didn't have a MM spec and was just having a horrible time of it. I asked if she'd like me to silence it for her (I made a MM offspec that just went to Silencing Shot and that's it, JUST so I could get Karkin) and she liked that idea. We failed the first time because I took aggro and forgot to feign (oops!), and she didn't try to regain aggro. But the second time I feigned and her tame worked.

I asked her to wish me luck on eventually finding my own Karkin. XD

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Rehomed Deth to a friend that resubbed. Got my BF to root while friend/I(on my lock) sent in our pets to their sad sad deaths. XD
ImageImage
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Deth to a dwarf hunter last night. Tried helping him on my hunter, but it was hard to communicate that I wasn't attempting to gank Deth and he kept deliberately resetting the spider. I ended up having to log on to my druid and tell him I was only trying to help. It turned out that he was an alt of one of my alliance side friends and we ended up talking for awhile and I brought my druid out to MF to root Deth while he just sent his pet in to die. We both helped a troll hunter tame Solix after the dwarf got Deth. All in all a good rehoming experience last night. Rehomed two spiders that normally sit up for hours at a time and found my friend's alt. :lol:
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rehomed a blue madexx on my druid. I was headin to AQ20, but I always take the Uldum shortcut. I had a feeling so I went to peek. I see scorpid...scorpid...big blue scorpid..wait what?! So I scrolled through my friends list and summoned Tiath and madexx immediately was 'poking' her before she turned around and tamed.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Just rehomed Deth to a Nelf hunter, after a little confusion.

First I think he thought I wanted him to help me tame, so he laughed at me. Then I pulled out my Deth. and he ran right over and tried taming. o_o needless to say..he went splat. After Veph was awesome and played interpreter via her alliance toon and her on my real ID we got it figured out and now he has a pretty new spider :D

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Skarr. An orc hunter kept failing because he was silencing Fireball instead of Fieroclast. All it took was telling him to pull with tame and silence Fieroclast instead of Fireball and he got Skarr the first time he tried the right way. He thanked me and said "that was awesome!!!" afterwards. Three other hunters were trying as well, but I could only pick one to help and the others were opposite faction at the time, so I helped the orc.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Double post, but rehomed Deth AND Solix via druid roots again. Solix went to a goblin hunter while Deth went to a dwarf. I was on my alliance toon for both tames, but as you can see, doesn't matter what faction someone is if they're trying to tame a pet. I'll help no matter what. I honestly loathe goblins, but he WAS a fellow hunter and was having a lot of trouble with Solix. I received much /thanks and /bow after I helped him. The dwarf was really grateful too, saying he'd been waiting for Deth for a long time and always ended up missing him by 30 minutes or something.
Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Melentari »

Rehomed another Ban'thalos, this time to a Dwarf who'd never tried for Ban'thalos before. It took him a few tries, but he finally got himself a glowy owl. Here's a pic of both of us with our glowy owls:

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Orm

Unread post by Orm »

Melentari wrote:Rehomed another Ban'thalos, this time to a Dwarf who'd never tried for Ban'thalos before. It took him a few tries, but he finally got himself a glowy owl.
I would be that dwarf. Huge thanks to Melentari for helping out with Ban'Thalos - the one pet, other than Deth'tilac, I did not think I would ever get.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

O.O

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Helped the same dwarf I helped get Solix and Deth a few days ago get Karkin today. I just logged on my druid, saw Karkin up while rock hopping, and told him. He came out there immediately, I hotted him up, he did his thing (he knew how to get Karkin this time), and had a cute little gem crab. He tried to tame Anthriss, but fellow alliance killed her before he could. We both asked them to stop, but they kept killing her. =(

At least he got an adorable gem crab. Anni isn't as big a deal as Karkin. Its just sad that he said Anni was the last lava spider he needed for them all.
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

That...that's really cool to get a personal thanks ^.^
....And this is going to seem weird, but does rehoming a common mob count? My friend was looking for a decent looking cat, and I recomended to her: http://wow-petopia.com/look/tigerskinsnowghost.html I helped her find the small little statues, and on the 14th, she found one ^.^

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Just rehomed a Karkin to a player that seems like she might have just reactivated. Admittedly knew nothing about the new rares and didn't have MM spec. Luckily I'm a warlock! So I had my felpup spell lock when he did his barrage and all was well. (We did wipe once because i locked the wrong one the first time, herp derr)
ImageImage
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Orm wrote:
Melentari wrote:Rehomed another Ban'thalos, this time to a Dwarf who'd never tried for Ban'thalos before. It took him a few tries, but he finally got himself a glowy owl.
I would be that dwarf. Huge thanks to Melentari for helping out with Ban'Thalos - the one pet, other than Deth'tilac, I did not think I would ever get.
Welcome to Petopia! Another moon guardian! Woo!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed a blue dragonhawk to our lovely little Starkittens...and I died. Sacrificial pally ftw. =(
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

:) i is happy with my (nameless atm) blue dragonhawk!!! now...name?

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Ban just now. To Outlaw in our channel, Star. The nice one who backed us up when that douchenozzle was killing Solix constantly. He died the first time because he accidentally broke his own trap once he tagged Ban and fell. He asked me to tag Ban for him, which I did, and he trapped him and tamed him just fine the second time. He was grateful. Glad I could help a nice person get Ban.