The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by Sarantha »

Stop hiding and come back to RT, Star. We missing you in the channel, and my mage is waiting to be lvl'd some more. I was wanting a leveling partner!

OT: Rehomed Deth last night to some random NElf while on my hunter. He thought I was trying to gank him at first, but after I kept gesturing and stuff when Deth got low, he finally got the point and tamed a purple spidey.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I rehomed Skarr when I found him on my ally druid. I alerted a guildie and a worgen hunter came out and tamed him almost instantly. Almost rehomed Skitter to the same guy, but a hordie got him first. =(
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

i rehomed that spirit bear to an ally hunter, he thought i was gonna tame him, i'm only lv 71!

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Magria to my GM. Haha. Finally getting the GM to feel to love of RareCampers. She died to mobs a few times because she was naked, but eventually got Maggie. Another officer was excited and practically begged to see the blue kitty her GM had just tamed. Yay Magria!
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Got to rehome a Ban'thalos, Deth'tilac, and Skitterflame. Horray!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Shy-Rotam, that blue cat in Winterspring, to myself. I had a free slot and thought she looked really awesome. Someone was getting ready to kill her (not for the quest that was added, just because they thought she was still a rare, they did kill Sian-Rotam, the lion) and I asked if I could tame her instead and they said sure, so I added a frosty blue cat named Auril to my stables.

If you get why her name is Auril, you are a nerd like me.
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Sarantha wrote:a frosty blue cat named Auril
Fantastic name choice! :D And gz!! I <3 the saber kitties :3

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Loque and Aotona while searching for King Krush for myself. I did not find Krush, but I was advertising in general that I would pay 1k to anyone who finds and lets me tame him, when a shaman whispered me saying he'd do it for free because his main was a hunter. Then Aotona suddenly popped up on npcscan and I let him know in case he wanted her for the achievement, but he was excited and said he'd never even seen her and was going to get his hunter to tame her. I summoned him out to Sholazar and he tamed Aotona. After that, he flew around looking for Krush with me for a bit, then I found Loque about 5 minutes later! I told him, and he was once again so excited because he did not have her and came over and tamed Loque too. So, no luck for me, but I helped a hunter get two really hard to find Sholazar rares that he'd been looking for for a long time. He was extremely happy over getting Loque so easily and that she was still there when he got there. He was scared someone would have killed her, but I was hovering over her the entire time, so both got a happy home! Now if only my dino would spawn....and not die.
Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by Nimae »

Just rehomed Red Madexx to a very thankful Horde hunter. Smooth tame, and right after he wrote to me "if you were a girl and i was right next to you i'd kiss you". Guess he was happy with the new tame, lol! ^^

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Skarr and Ghostcrawler to the same hunter. Those were the only two she needed and she was on a lowbie alt, so I offered to just check and see, and low and behold, they were both up. Ghostcrawler evaded her by playing hide and seek a few times, but she eventually got him. Skarr was an easy one-shot tame. Now all she needs is Karoma and she's done. She's very happy with all the help I've given her.
SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

A hunter in guild today was looking for Skarr, the last of the 4.3 kitties she needs. Instead she found Karkin up. Upon voicing her disappointment in vent she was able to rehome him to little hunter ^^ we then went and got ghost crawler.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Ghostcrawler and Karkin to another guildie. Not Bly, someone who just recently joined and said she wanted to start taming rares on her hunter. Karkin was her first, I believe. Once she got him, she got bit with the rare-pets-must-have!!! bug and went around looking for rares everywhere. She found no other rare except Ghostcrawler in Vashjir with my help. I told her she HAD to keep looking and to not do just one lap and expect to find him, because he plays hide and seek. It took her about an hour of doing laps, but Ghostie finally showed his face and she lost him 3 more times before she finally tamed him without him going underground.

Strangely, rehomed a non-rare Dragonbone Condor in Dragonblight while helping someone's warrior alt kill elites. He saw the condors and said "I wish we could tame these!" I told him we could, and checked Petopia for confirmation and he got himself a new condor pet as soon as he logged on his hunter. A really odd rehoming, but glad I could help someone get a pet they really wanted.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Double post. Rehomed Skarr to an alliance RealID hunter friend. Rehomed Gondria to a level 78 hunter in the area. It was his first spirit beast and he was so excited and was even more happy when I told him that Gondria was capable of healing him. He said that would be awesome to level with. Glad I could rehome two awesome kitties today.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Another rehome. I did this last night, but it was so late I forgot to post it. Helped a guildie who was just getting in to rare pets tame Deth'tilac. An ally druid friend helped by rooting him, otherwise she would have failed. The ally druid even died to Deth to drop aggro and let her tame him. Yay again for cross-faction HELP not douchery!
Shinjiro

Unread post by Shinjiro »

Rehomed Skoll yesterday on Shin and got a Terror Spinner as a reward. ^^

On Nez a Goblin and I helped a Draenai tame Skarr about twenty minutes ago.

On Corien ten minutes ago I helped an undead hunter who was having a crappy day tame Karkin. A worgen dk was chilling nearby and never tried to grief us. I love those kinds of people.

Edit - Now helping a dwarf get his cousin Terrorpene.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

A week or so ago I helped a sweet older lady tame Ban'thalos. It took a few tries to get him - she was having trouble balancing on the tree so I would fly up, shoot him, and engi parachute down into her trap for her. She was really excited when the tame succeeded. Then today I helped her get Kirix - it took many, many deaths and lots of time haha. She kept having trouble getting the tame to start, then found out it was because she didn't have a spare stable slot :b She went off to stable a pet, came back, and I told her she's had so much practice now she'll surely get him! And sure enough, she did :D with only about 1k hp to spare! (disengage method.) I went off to finish some dailies and we were chatting about Deth'tilac and she mentioned that she thought Deth was really pretty, so I popped back into the front to check if she was up yet (I'd been checking all throughout the Kirix adventures) and she was! I had the other hunter kite deth down to the narrow part of the path then feign while I would kite her back my way, continually sacrificing my pet (I told her to keep her own pet dismissed to make it easier on her with timing). Everything went really smoothly and she was really happy :) Yay!
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Gondria to the dumbest lvl 85 dwarf ever. He was likely staring at the screen drooling when I found Gondria. I noticed him nearby, emoted him to follow me, he apparently was capable of reading and did so, he saw Gondria, landed to tame her...and aggro'd a level 77 bear. What does he do at lvl 85? Nope, not just one shot it. He runs away like the bear is made of deadly sharks and feigns. I kill the bear for him with one shot from my bow. He tries to tame her again, this time carefully dropping a trap, because level 77 mobs are deadly to geared level 85 players. He aggros a second bear and runs around like a nutcase. I one shot it using my melee weapon, further cementing the fact that this dude is dumber than a box of rocks. I was ready to summon Starkittens (who IS lvl 77 and would have reason to trap Gondria) to tame her, but after killing all the bears, I emote /ready and he once again carefully drops a trap (she misses the trap for some reason, and he was likely pissing his pants in fear) and starts the tame. He tamed her just fine, without a scratch on him. The motto here is: Level 85 players, level 77 mobs are not made of sharks. They will not kill you or hurt you. Seriously.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Rehomed Terrorpene today :) I flew all over Hyjal and the Molten front with no rare look so I decided to check on Terrorpene and he was up! First hunter I whispered didn't respond right away so I whispered another who didn't respond at all. The first one whispered back and was very excited! I summoned her to me and she tamed him! We got talking about pets for a while and I offered to let her know if any rares were up. I love rehoming, it makes me feel good :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Magria, mostly by saying "Magria is up" and summoning the guildie to her. Simple as that. She had a very lucky day, must say. 2 spirit cats in less than 10 minutes.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

i got her, her first one! it was loque, in the EXACT same spot i tamed her at...i was questing, was going to move to go grab an egg (it was near the rocs) and i saw some white that was moving, curious, i turned and nearly fell out of my chair...

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}