The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

The Rehoming Room

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Hey, you guys know the Consolation Corner, right? Well, after it was made, it was suggested that we also create a sticky thread to tell how we rehomed different rare pets! Now we have a very nice, comfy thread for all of us to tell our stories about how we gave McFloofers the ultra-rare pink kitty a home (that was a joke!). This thread is for all rares, not just the 4.2 ones. Old rares need love, too!(:

We all love to see these stories, they put a nice feeling in our chests. Now we'll have a one-stop thread to make us all feel warm and fuzzy inside!

Now, I can't think of many rules we should need for this place. For now, I'll just throw up two really simple ones that should be common sense.

1. Stay on topic, guys!
2. Please don't fight in this thread. Take it to PMs if you need to!

I'll be editing this as I need to, but for now just have fun and let us hear those stories with those happy endings!(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by Sarantha »

From my other thread, I helped a friend get Ban'thalos by pretty much being in the right place at the right time. I was on his tree helping camp Banny when he all of a sudden spawns! The real Banny, not a pet! I alert my friend who rushes over, we drop traps in case one fails or he misses one, the friend tames Banny easily and has named his new flappy green-winged bird Sarantha. Thats 4 Saranthas running around on my server as pets. I don't know whether to feel flattered or puzzled. Haha.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Aww, it's always sweet when people name their pets after those who helped them get it!(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

i've rehomed just about every old world pet there is (the new ones go to fast. one is up but only for like a few seconds before it's tamed.) the old world rare's need love to! i've seen every old world rare up at the same time pretty much. that's why i made a NE hunter who is only gonna colect the old world rares then i'm gonna make another hunter for the spirit beats. (my main has very little room in her stables left i just need my deth and then the baer spirit beast and karoma and i'm done and full(i just got annithiss (Anny. named her bananers ))).

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I had a good rehoming day today in the Front. :) Ran across Anthriss while doing dailies and the first hunter I whispered had already tried taming him, but didn't know the mechanic. That was soon remedied! Then I ran into Solix a minute later; first person I whispered wanted him. :) Rox whispered me later about a couple of alliance hunters attempting to tame Kirix; ended up helping one of them get him. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Rehomed Slaverjaw the other day. Not a unique, but as the common mob is over 30 levels higher, it's worth it to look for a lowbie who might want.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I already posted my rehomings of Kirix and Skarr here:http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 0&start=40 It was really exciting to help a fellow hunter get his beloved pets.

I already rehomed several pets to my best friend (whom I infected with the rare-collectin-disease) like Sambas, Ghostcrawler, Gondria, Loque, Arcturis, Terrorpene and Pogeyan. Each tame was wonderful and special to me, but nothing was as hard, as to rehome Kirix to the Orc :)

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Ban'thalos a THIRD time via my mage. I cast slowfall on the hunter, he flew up, tagged Ban, flew back down, had to deterrance moonfire I think, not sure. I was a mage at the time and just paying attention to his slowfall buff. Either way, he trapped Banny and tamed him. This was a tame that I was able to do from a DIFFERENT type of toon than usual. Usually my DK or my hunter rehomes, but it was my mage this time. Really neat to do and see, and to hear the hunter's little squeeees. Or see them in whispers. LOL.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

gratz Sarantha

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

This probably isnt a "rehoming" but I helped another hunter get Deth (: I died trying to kite him, but the other hunter was successful. Will I ever get my Deth, or shall I ever be forever stuck rehoming and helping hunters get rares?

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Good karma you're racking up? Maybe one day you'll log on and all your rares will be up and no one else will even be trying for them!
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Might, or time-lost will fly over me >_> *crosses fingers and waits with Calamus*

Tumblr is here.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I gave up on Time Lost a looooooong time ago. Maybe with all the good karma from rehoming all the rares, I should go looking for him. Who knows?
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Time lost has only spawned once in Cata on my realm. I semi-camp him, which is really bad for me. I plan on staying up a little later then usual, and camp him out. NPCscan has yet to pick him up....by horde, or alliance

Tumblr is here.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

yeah i understand meepitco. i helped soo many people get rares but deth still evades me i mean i see him but i can never get to tame him.i helped Rex Ashil, Zora and Grubthor get tamed (all the old world rares never get tamed only killed:( they need some love

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I was kiting Deth, but I ended up dying. In the end, I was happy to see him tamed, and not killed like last time, but I really wish it's been be that tamed him >_>

Tumblr is here.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

ok so i bet most of you on the forms know my deth issue. well i'm been looking for Arcturis and guess what? he is mine! i "rehomed him" it makes me happy that he wasn't killed. (his spawn point is right next to an ally base. nice placing blizz nice placing (eye-roll)

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

That's good to hear. I just actually rehomed karkin to a friend. More good karma for I hopefully =p
Ooh, also, I made fan art about deth:

It's digital made, sadly. But pretty cool eh?

Tumblr is here.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

yeah that is cool. and the digitization makes it look really cool. like he's made out of crystals

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Indeed. I made that a little before Deth spawned. Possibly a good luck charm......I am gonna make one of Proto xD

Tumblr is here.