The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by Sarantha »

Rehomed Aotona to Starkittens! She now has a lovely new parrot. Took me 2 years to find her and Star gets her almost as soon as she's able to tame her!
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Loque to a guildie hunter. Star had summoned me to Sholazar to see her new pet and what happens, but I find Loque hanging out by one of pillars while flying around! He was happy to have her.
Part of Dark Magics, lvl 25 Horde guild, casual, helpful, don't raid, mostly help people and hunt pets.
Part of Dynasty, lvl 25 Alliance guild, casual and hardcore (your choice, no one forces you to raid, but you can), very helpful
Come on over if interested (Runetotem US, Horde name Sarantha, Ally name Ellysetta or Valeraud)
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Ban'thalos and Deth'tilac to a male worgen using my druid. Pulled Ban with faerie fire and rooted Deth for him. Rehomed Skarr to a female worgen on my orc hunter, because the female worgen is a Real ID friend and I was able to just let her know Skarr was up. She had a hard time at first comprehending that you have to pull with tame, but most people seem to, at least on my server. Once she figured it out, she tamed him first try and named him Sarantha. :D

It was worgen night on my server. Haha!
Shinjiro

Unread post by Shinjiro »

That was so awesome.

I was searching for King Krush on my tauren, Shinjiro, but found Loque instead. No one I psted wanted him and I suddenly remember seeing a worgen hunter yesterday camping Loque. I managed to find him but he wasn't listening to my emotes. I would've switched but I was to paranoid to because someone might gank Loque. I managed to lure him back to Loque and he tamed him. :L
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

lol

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Skarr to an alliance hunter by just calling out over general while being on my druid. She was thankful and got him first try. A BElf hunter trying kept dying.
Helsinki
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Dalaran - US

Unread post by Helsinki »

I rehomed Ankha and Ban'thalos to the same hunter last night that I found through /who. She was really happy, especially about Ban'thalos - she said she had been trying so long for him.
Sarynotsorry - Dalaran
Helgada - Nesingwary
Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Banny by emoted /beckon to a dwarf hunter on the ground and showing him how to get on the tree. Once he was on the tree, he seemed to know what to do and tamed Ban without further need for help. He didn't seem to notice Ban was even up until I emoted /point Ban'thalos. He /cheered me and then /question'd me. I flew up to the tree, landed, and /beckoned. It took him a few tries, but he got it. Using emotes is totally a viable way of helping the opposite faction if you're too lazy to log on your alliance toon (provided you have one)!
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I finally rehomed several pets again.
First pets were Loque and Arcturis: my brother dinged level 76 this weekend and was totally into Spirit Beasts. When I met Arcturis he was the first I thought of and he was really happy to tame him, only a few hours later we managed to get Loque out of his hiding place.

Then today I rehomed Banny to a nice Belf who was really proud, because she had just opened up the dailies a few minutes ago and only gotten to 85 today.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sorry for double post. Again a rehome.
I did my molten front dailies on my Orc and see Krix, Solix and Deth are up. I ask several hunters, no one wants any of them. An hour later I return, all are still up. A nice troll wants to try out Kirix and tells me, he already failed at taming him. We are on our way up the rocks, when a Dreanei tames him via the other method with disengage. We decide to go to Solix instead and I logg over to my druid. I explain the tactics, root him and the tame finishes smoothly. Then we walk over to Deth who is still up and untouched, I root, he sends in his new Solix to sacrifice and then tames without problems. He was very happy, called me his personal hero and added me to friendlist. I'm happy, too. Rehoming always makes me feel good.

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Shaded
Realm: Arthas (US)

Unread post by Shaded »

Well o.o None of these are overly old. All of these rehomes were within a month:

Rehomed Skarr: I had just watched one of Wes's Pet Diary episodes and felt horrible at seeing a dead Skarr. So when one spawned instead of the Karkin I wanted, I checked for nearby hunters, hit up a rather nice little goblin I swear I'd encountered before. I then proceeded to drag this girl up the fire path, make her hop over rocks, then told her to shoot Skarr a few times then Deterrence/Tame. Probably the bossiest I've ever been while giving away something like this. Once she had her shots in, she began her tame. Being Marksmen, I just Silencing Shot... then, paranoid, I FD'd. Then giggled as Skarr just stayed on the rock, looking horribly confused as to how to get to his new owner.

Rehomed Ankha x 3: The first time Ankha spawned in my camping... well, that one was mine. Then the next one, I asked in general and had someone take me up on it. The next time, some mage got on their toon. The third and final one I gave away was the toughy. Kids were getting out of bed because it was a bit later of a spawn than I was used to. This decked out PvP DK came up and started beating on the poor hunter I had summoned and I have nothing in the way of PvP practice or gear. So, I asked a paladin friend I had met only a few days ago if he could come help me kill a DK who was harassing this hunter trying to tame a rare. DK got what was coming to him and didn't dare show his face after biting the dust more than once between a very cranky BM hunter and ret paladin while the naked Hordie toddled off at my insistence that he go hurry with the tame before someone else came along. Ah, PvP servers. So fun. All three people were very grateful... and seemed somewhat surprised at the fact that I stayed with them until I saw their tame was successful and provided back up against random mobs so they didn't have to wait around for her to get to a nice tame spot. Or perhaps just surprised that I wasn't killing this beautiful spirit beast.

- Shade of Arthas -
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Pets | Mounts | Companions
Taming Tales | Hunting Journal: Mounts

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Rehomed lots of rares the past few days :) 3 days, 3 Deth'tilac rehomes, 2 Terrorpene rehomes, 1 Ankha, and 1 Kirix. Lots of happy hunters :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed that fugly bear, Arcturis, to some random Undead hunter in Grizzly Hills. Found King Krush's DEAD FUCKIN BODY in Sholazar, then proceeded to check other NR rares even though I was heartbroken (I love that dino, I would have tamed it again) and ended up finding the bear and someone who really wanted it for some weird reason. I can't stand Arcturis. Anyway, this is good for me since its around Thanksgiving and its REALLY HARD for me to get in time to do a lot of rare hunting (even though I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, my workplace does and so do my friends and they insist on me helping them. Jerks).
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Over the past week, I've rehomed:
Deth'tilac to a random hunter. He thanked me a million times.
Skarr to a guildie, after he had seen Skarr killed four times
Solix to another guildie, who just reached 85, and got acsess to the MF.
Ripscale to a friend
annnnd, I thinks that's it.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Rehomed Sambas to a very appreciative hunter. Apparently he had been camping him forever! He gave me a tip and when I told him about how I rehome pets often he promised to do that for other hunters and pay it forward. I'm pretty excited about what I've started on our little server :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

Rehomed a skarr to a hunter's hunter friend. She had never seen Skarr up, so she was extremely happy to get it.

But well waiting for her to get here, I picked up a skitterflame. Magma, as she is now called, is very happy with her new home ;D

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rehomed Skitterflame to...someone who wanted Skitterflame. I was on my druid and just rooted it for a random horde hunter.

Also rehomed Arcturis to a very appreciative undead hunter. He said he'd never seen that bear before and so many of his other hunter friends were wanting it. He also said he'd been camping the area for nearly 12 hours, got bored and decided to fly around, and thats when I PM'd him. So lucky for him I have pretty good timing on finding rares!
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

I finally have a new "rehoming-prey". My brother dinged 85 a few days ago and I am amazed at how well he is adjusting to everything new and how good his dps is as an undergeared Bm when my fiance and I pull him through heroics with my DK and his druid. He hadn't been playing for 3 years now and is excited about 25 stable slots and tames everything shiny and rare :D
I already rehomed Skoll to him (found him while TLPD camping) two days ago and today he snatched himself a pretty Magria and Skarr after me yelling at him in Skype something like "ohmygosh come to hyjal, Magria is up!!!" and after this tame checking the molten front and I was like "you only tame, I interrupt and feign death".
I'm happy to finally have someone to rehome pets to again after serveral weeks of almost-frustration because every hunter I whispered answered "I already have xxx" or "I don't like/want xxx".

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Sarantha
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I've stopped actually going out of my way to camp pets for fun to rehome and just check their spawn locations once in awhile. I have found/rehomed Skarr, Deth, Solix, Ban, and Kirix this way. I have no idea who really got them or how, I just told my channel "xxxx pet is up" and got maybe one or two "thanks, I'll ask guild" or "cool"s.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Long ago, I got Krush when a lovely DK happened across him and, since I had told him I was looking for him, had gotten me there to tame. He had even eschewed the 1k reward I'd offered.

Today, I'm hunting Loque using my own DK, and happened to 'ping' King Krush while flying over. I whispered around to a few hunters, managed to find someone who was absolutely thrilled with it. He offered me gold as a reward once he'd tamed Krush. I turned it down. And now I feel like I have finally managed to repay that DK who was so kind to me with my Krush. :)

I have also semi-rehomed Ban'thalos recently, as I watched a hunter have major issues with landing in the tree, and find herself unable to get the hang of the landing. I grouped up with her once she had ressed again, perched myself in the tree, and summoned her onto the top of it with 'Have Group'. She forgot to lay a freeze trap and was nuked. I used the guild res to bring her back, dropped a heal on her woth my own Ban'thalos, and she was much more successful the second time. She was so thrilled, it left a huge glow for me. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!