The Rehoming Room

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Anisadora
Realm: Lightbringer

Re: The Rehoming Room

Unread post by Anisadora »

I've helped a few people get some pets... Helped guildies get Deth'tilak (two of them), helped my boyfriend camp Skarr, helped random hunters with spiders in the molten front, and my new favorite past time is to help random hunters in my guild. A good friend of mine basically just plays this game for the solo things, and she is still rather new to the game - so it's always a GREAT treat to come across a pet like Ghost Crawler, "ninja invite" her, tell her to clear a spot and surprise her with a new pet. She always gets so happy.

I am happy to say I have great guildies who also always mention to me when they see a pet - one of my friends made my boyfriend sign on my account and summon me to get me Karoma while I was sleeping, and called me over when SHE found ghostcrawler. So, it's always nice to return the favor.

Oh, and generally, my pets - if i was helped out to get them, the people responsible at least get to help name, but more frequently, they're named after them. Dimek helped me get Deth'tilak who got the name Dim'tilak, and Blitzheilen summoned me over for banthalos, who was then named Blitzie.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Helped someone I met on an alt get Sambas.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I rehomed Ankha yesterday with a few problems. The taming hunter got interrupted a few times by her although she had taken off all gear and was standing there in her panties. She finally manged to tame Ankha after 5 tries (and 3 deaths) with deterrence and tame macro.

Then I rehomed Ban'thalos as well. The hunter needed almost 15 minutes to land on the treetop. I pulled Ban down for her into a freezing trap to avoid her falling off. She was very greatful and we did a few dungeons together afterwards.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rehomed Banny. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

I did something good! I helped out a human hunter tame skarr. he kept on dieing, (and me as well). I got my Pics for my thread (where i get pics of every tameable rare in the wild) when he came up. I backed off some, and watched. he kept on failing, and I got up, and started jumping to skarr. the other hunter was in mid tame, and i did the war stomp thing taureans have, which broke the big kill move skarr does, and let the other hunter tame him! (that's also how I got my own)

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Furiku »

I ended up rehoming a Red Maddex to a guildy yesterday. Came across him as I was doing a bit of skinning in Uldum and said over vent 'aw crap it's Maddex.' I said that because I knew someone who would have loved him but wasn't on the time so it sucked that he missed him. That being said though, my guildy was really happy with red maddex!

Now I wonder if he's going to start showing up for me more often now...So far I've only seen him twice since launch...

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Melentari
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Melentari »

For the first time in a long time, I flew out through Hyjal last night and checked on the rare spawn points and found Terrorpene was up. I /who'd Hyjal and the only other hunter besides me was a level 83. I whispered him, asking if he wanted to tame the turtle, and he said yes - so I invited him, so he'd know exactly where to come, and he thanked me profusely when he got him, saying he'd never been able to find one of these rares before. So I have a standing promise that if I spot any more of the MF rares, I'll toss him a whisper if he's on. (:

Melentari and Tevildo - she tamed him a long time ago.

Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

While in the Storm Peaks and heading over to the rhinoes over Brunnhilder Village, I found Skoll patting about. I quickly did a /who search and found no hunters about, so I decided to wait with him and keep checking. I also switched to my Horde hunter to see if there were any Horde hunters about. I was hoping against hope that people who might pass me while questing or looking for TLPD would assume I was about to tame him and leave him be, but I was painfully aware that if someone decided to spitefully kill him, there was realistically nothing I could do about it. I killed rhinoes and gathered leather while going back to him to check on him, and checking /who for about half an hour, when finally a hunter appeared. I asked him if he wanted it; he didn't, but said a friend of his did and got them over. Watching them tame him was a really good feeling, so now while I'm about in Storm Peaks, I habitually check his spawn points.
Last edited by Bangeall on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

If there's no-one in the area, I do a /who Hunter and then start whispering people and see who want the rare I've stumbled upon. I've rehomed ghostcrawler a few times, a couple madexx, a terropen, loque, skoll and a few others this way.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Nee
Realm: Turalyon

Unread post by Nee »

Fairly new to this forum, even though I've been lurking the last couple of days. My main is a warrior and I've just started
leveling up my hunter (still a sad lvl 34). But having a hunter of just lvl 34 didn't stop me from checking the rares in Mount
Hyjal and Firelands on my warrior. Today I flew over all the spots and to my suprise Ban'thalos is flying gracefully high in
the sky. Checked the hunters in Mount Hyjal, none. So I /who'd the hunters in SW. Whisped the first name that came up.

They didn't have a clue what to do, and I didn't know if they needed full BM. Anyway, I explained to them how to tame
Ban. Ended up with a few corpses. I suggested that I get up in the tree, they would stand on the mountain behind me,
I'd pull and die, they'd would tame the beauty. The method worked, but as you expected, no BM spec. They thanked me,
I whisped another hunter (asked if it was okay if I gave the chance to someone else) and I stood waiting for the hunter
to take this beauty home. During my wait for the second hunter, the first hunter told me Magria was up. I quickly took
some screenies (I love seeing them run in the wild!) and to my suprise, the first hunter tamed her! She changed spec.
I flew back to Ban, take my spot on the mountain and wait again. After a minute or so, the first hunter showed up and
started to get up in that tree again, they wanted to give it a last try. (Who wouldn't?!) Since the second hunter wasn't
in the right phase for me to summon her it was a loss for them. After a few more corpses the first hunter stood up on
that bloody tree, layed her freeze trap, flew up, dismounted, pulled and tamed. It was a beautifull sight to see especially
from my point of few. She thanked me, we wished each other night night and we went on our seperate ways. I feel
al warm and oogly inside and I can't wait 'till my hunter is high enough to tame this beauty!
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

rehomes King Krush last night. Was leveling my herbalism, and saw him up, did a /who hunter and and whispered a lv 78 hunter (figured close to lv might not have gotten him) asked if they were BM, they were, asked if they had KK, they didnt, asked if they wanted KK, they did. Gave em time to make room in thier stable, and then summoned them over, set down my tremor totem and hit hero after the first fear, and poof, happy hunter and rehomes KK.

I love making people happy by getting them rares.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I got to rehome Karoma.

While they were setting up to tame, I got curious and checked their stable. They already had him ><, but by then the tame was complete. Makes me wonder if they just forgot or what.

I guess I will be checking stables next time.
CandidHeartbeat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Thrall-US [Horde], Moon Guard-US [Alliance]

Unread post by CandidHeartbeat »

Rehomed Skarr.
I tamed him earlier today, saw a blood elf hunter and decided to whisper them!
They wanted him, so Neoaku came out and silenced him for them :)

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Unread post by Karin »

Before quitting WoW, I gave my heart to a few of the low-leveled rare pets and their new owners. Quite a few times there, I would make note in a channel if anyone wants this particular rare I am staring at as a pet. Normally, I do get a whisper back, and it's by if they're at the right level to get them. There was one time someone scoffed over me finding Humar while I asked if a hunter wanted him and this guy making a big deal out of it. Really? Over Humar? As such, however, I have given Dishu, Snort, Humar, Azzere, Mazz, and I think the rare scorpion in Durotar (name escapes me at the moment) new homes before and it feels good.

Here's a bit of a story: when I asked in the channel if anyone wanted Dishu, a hunter whispered me with some suspicion I would kill the pet right in front of him before arriving on the scene. I said if I did, I would've done it already and never said anything but I never kill rare beasts. Instead, I helped him take care of the adds Dishu spawned while taming him. He thanked me and went off with his new cheetah.

True that there are plenty of rare pets with a common skin, but their names usually set that unique personality that separates them from the others. However, rare or not, they all have a unique personality as we see fit for them.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

I've been grinding Slabhide down for the past few days (had several kills...but well over half of those are from the past 3-4 days now), and struck up conversation with a fellow Stonecore-grinder. Later, I Eagle Eye around between runs...just in case a certain drake is feeling nicer than Slabhide...and notice Jadefang is up. I don't think much of it, and go back to running Stonecore. When he comes online we commiserate over how stingy this drake is being, and I mention Jadefang was up a little while ago. I Eagle Eye over to check, and sure enough she is! A quick swap to my mage who keeps the bombs on her, and he's got a shiny new shale spider even if neither of us have a shiny new drake yet.
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

I've had ridiculous luck with rares today, and I also got my first Tol'Vir archaeology. I thought, "Hey, with my rare luck today, wouldn't it be funny if Madexx was up?"

Well. I flew around and there he was. Huge and magnificent and... bronze. I sighed, because it's always so hard to find someone who wants bronze Madexx, and I don't like his model much. But I searched really quick, and lo and behold there was exactly one other hunter in the area. I sent a message, specifically stating it was bronze Madexx, and flew off after a while of not getting a response.

Luckily, they messaged me a minute later, thanking me and saying they'd just left that area and were actually looking for the bronze model in particular. They'd literally just flown away when I got there and had to fly back as fast as they could. But there were only four people in Uldam on Alliance side, anyway, and they tamed without a hitch.(:

This is my first Cataclysm rare I've ever rehomed (or even seen!) and it feels kind of great. I'm glad someone got him.(:
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

HawkseyesX
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by HawkseyesX »

So far during my camp for TLPD, I've Rehomed Skoll 3 times... I wish TLPD would do the same now for me....

thanks Veph for the awesome sig! :D

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Rehomed Magria just a few minutes ago! I almost flew right on past, because I didn't need her and there wasn't another hunter in the zone on alliance side, but I gave a yell in general chat anyway, and to my surprise a paladin got all excited and asked if I'd watch her while he switched over. So I flapped around, keeping a close eye while the guy arrived, realized oops he had no BM spec, hearthed to Stormwind, repecced, and flew back. I watched in amusement as he died immediately, then realized that he either forgot or didn't know you had to strip to tame her. I mentioned this, was laughed at, then watched him die again. Amused, they listened this time, and yay happy hunters!

...and now Ban'thalos is up. Let's see if I can't get him a home tnight, too.

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Shaded
Realm: Arthas (US)

Unread post by Shaded »

Well. This sort of is and sort of isn't a rehoming post, but I think this thread needs more attention so it goes in here.

My friend asked me for help with the Molten Front rares. I said if he finds any up, I'll help him. Deth was up, so I came in and told him how to tame him, told him to get a spider pet cause the web snare helps, and we started kiting. Took one attempt. Deth'tilac has a new home. I told him to keep an eye out, the other rares like to spawn in close timing to each other (I got Krilix, Skarr, and Deth within 2 hours of each other when I was out).

He comes a callin, saying Solix is up a bit later. I teach him that tame. Solix has a home.

Skitterflame is up! Oh... jeeze Skitterflame. He kept breaking his traps before letting them time out so it took 3. There was also an Alliance hunter griefing us. Fortunately, I had far better gear, so I kept trashing him each and every time. Unfortunately, my friend's hunter is an alt and doesn't have that much gear, so he got trashed each and every time. Eventually I got the other hunter down to a long rez timer and told my friend to not rez until the next time I killed him. -.-

The other guy rezzed on the far side and I had to go hunt him down to make sure he couldn't interfere again. Skitterflame rehomed and yet another Alliance who has learned that even though I'm a carebear on a PvP server, I'm vicious about people who mess with my friends.

And Skarr came up after we left that area and I showed him my favorite Eagle Eye camping spot. So we had to go back, but at least he was close to the Druids questing hub, so we didn't have to jump far. I silenced him, but pulled threat so I ended up dying. Skarr always kills me. But after that, it was a flawless tame, he just had to unload a pair of Arcane Shots first so I didn't pull threat. xD Skarr rehomed (that's two for me!)

- Shade of Arthas -
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Pets | Mounts | Companions
Taming Tales | Hunting Journal: Mounts

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

Found Terropene up last night and spent a good 15-20min trying to find a hunter who wanted him. Most hunters online at the time where either in dungeons, raids, or AFK. Finally saw a lv 82 hunter pop up on the search and sent them a whisper, they were happy to come get him. So, I parked my druid near terropene and sent the summon. Guess the guy didn't know about this guy hitting like a truck...First off, he started taming while I was still casting HoT's on the guy, so needles to say the hunter ended up eating two of Terropene's massive hits, we both went splat. Luckily though the 2nd attempt went much better, and with almost no health left, he had a new buddy.

As with most hunters I whisper when I find rare pets and go to rehome them, they always ask if they know me. I always tell them:

"Nope, I am just a petopian, we like rehoming rares and helping out our fellow hunters."

~~~
~~~
~~~