Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread: Moths!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread: Moths!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Went out and tamed some mothies while everyone was enjoying the blackout. I did the suggestions, of course.

Taluwen got: Image

Jessibelle got: Image

Lisaara got: Image

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

I have always loved moths as a pet. While I was with my ex, he let me play on his wow account. My first hunter was a draenei, and I made sure to run back to the starter zone to catch one of the pretty grey moths. Her name was Stardust, because I loved the shimmery dust from the moth wings.

When I got my own account I made sure to get a pretty little moth as well, but had no idea what to name it. A friend sugested calling it Dust bunny, which was cute, so I kept it... but this was back before cata, and you could only keep 5 pets at a time. My guild lead found Olm the Wise in Fellwood, and at that time Dusty was my only really common pet so sadly she went away.

At the beguining of the summer last year, 2011, I caught Loque. It inspired me to catch some other "unique" if not rare pets so I got the black jormonger mama from DB and then caught the beautiful white moth in BT, who I have named Snow. I know ... not so original, but I think it's beautiful and fitting. Of course my draenei has the white skin and hair colors, so having the pure white moth just looks so perfect for her.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I am a great fan of the moths in World of Warcraft. So much so in fact that it's surprising I haven't tamed more than just the one. Lilyth's moth, Vespera, is one of the white models that was formally known as Aspatha the Broodmother.

I'm also an admirer of the Blue Moth and the Yellow and Blue Moth skins.
Last edited by Niabi on Thu May 22, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I have a lovely blue moth on one of my alt hunters, Niara. Her name is Haaveilu, which (according to my shoddy internet translator) is Finnish for "reverie". I didn't expect to like her, but as soon as I tamed her I was stunned by how gorgeous she really was. She was a perfect fit for my hunter. Their cuddly appearance throws enemies off-guard. ;)

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_013011_030359.jpg
WoWScrnShot_013011_030359.jpg (130.26 KiB) Viewed 2696 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Okay, I've got a dilemma: I've always wanted a Moth on Arit. I love their animations, they're nice and smooth, and their emotes in PetEmote are hecka cute, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it because of the buff from the family (preventing spell casting for 4 seconds). If I do decide to get one, which one should I get for my girl?

Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

I say, the orangish-red-yellow one, the white, or the blue. Maybe the yellow..

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Aritria wrote:Okay, I've got a dilemma: I've always wanted a Moth on Arit. I love their animations, they're nice and smooth, and their emotes in PetEmote are hecka cute, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it because of the buff from the family (preventing spell casting for 4 seconds). If I do decide to get one, which one should I get for my girl?
Image Would look lovely next to your character.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Why has this lovely thread dropped all the way down here? Great idea, Wassa!

I have three moths currently, on three different hunters.

First, there is the blue and yellow moth, inspired long ago by a random tame of Jessi's, which made me appreciate this skin. Her name is Windwhisper, and she's a perfect fit for my gentle Tauren.

Salariel, my Blood Elf, travelled all the way to Bloodmyst Isle for her Magdalena, the lovely blue, which is my favourite of the moth skins.

And finally, Lomelinda's grey, Rose, is the moth which was the first of its kind to suit any of my hunters. Until then I had been content to admire from afar, as none of the other colours seemed to fit the hunters I had available then. But Rose is gentle, fluttery and pretty, and the lavender eyes a perfect fit for Lome's colouring.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Thanks for your suggestions, guys! I don't think I'll tame one now, but I'll certainly mull it around for a bit in the back of my head, and hopefully I'll find a pretty moth in my stables soon!
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

CandidHeartbeat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Thrall-US [Horde], Moon Guard-US [Alliance]

Unread post by CandidHeartbeat »

Only one Moth in my hunter family of Foxsong and Lokiia, and it is Bane owned by Foxsong.
Bane got his name because whenever I duel my boyfriend on his mage, pictured, I win - so
I like to think of him as "the mages bane," though I do love the moths, they are fuzzy and so
love-able, I may get one for Lokiia.

Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Rower »

I have a moth, Aspatha the Broodmother named Mothzilla! I rarely use him, but his spot on my stable is safe!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I tamed a moth the other day, after seeing a hunter with a moth while healing on my priest. I remembered how much I love moths, and found it a shame that I didn't have one. My mind set, I headed out and tamed about four moths. Surprisingly, the red and green was the one that stuck. I've never been all that fond of the color before.

My moth doesn't have a name yet, but he's glorious. His colors are just beautiful, and he's a tough little fighter. I just adore the dust that falls from his wings, too. Speaking of his wings, they're shiny and almost glowing, and the way they flap is very calming. I also love his green eyes, and the odd combination of green, red and purple that decorate him. And don't get me started on the fuzzy antenna. xD

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's one of my favorite skins! :)

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Moths always make me smile, and there are many moths colors I love: Beige, Green, Green & Beige... :) But it wasn't until I started doing pet battles with my Amber Moth that I began to really appreciate the Blue & Yellow skin. So here's Tulip:
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

I have a moth in my stables, used her for a short time during Outland levelling, a random tame. It was an awesome pet, with the silence effect it was very useful on caster mobs. Since I got the ability to tame silithids, the moth got permanently stabled, but I kinda miss it. Maybe it's time to dust her out soon for some questing.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I have a very special moth that I'd like to share. When I saw the pink moth skin coming in WoD, I knew I'd have to tame one. I meant for it to be a "gag" pet that I'd never actually use. Well, little did I know that she'd manage to flutter her way into my heart! (It doesn't hurt that I tamed one of the ones that makes noises when you click it.....so adorable!)

Originally, I planned to name it Bubblegum, but the name Strawberry popped into my mind, and that's what I went with. No, she's not strawberry-colored, but it's a cute name for a cute li'l moth, IMO. :P (I later tamed a red & white one and named it Cherry, so I'd have a fun fruity moth pair, but she didn't have the same appeal and I released her.)

She didn't get much use at first, but eventually I started bringing her into my heroic dungeon and Highmaul LFR runs, where she quickly proved just how awesome she really is! I can't tell you how many times she's given someone a battle rez. I see other hunters bring other pets, or even go Lone Wolf, but the usefulness of this sturdy little gal cannot be overstated. There's also a druid in my guild that seems to have a soft spot for her. He always makes sure to pet her and cheer at her when I have her out. :P

Moths are awesome little pets. I highly recommend! :D

Attachments
Strawberry.jpg
Strawberry.jpg (250.67 KiB) Viewed 2696 times