Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 2: Warp Stalkers!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 2: Warp Stalkers!

Unread post by Wassa »

Sowwy Star. Families are random roll using an online dice simulator. I've already rolled a few families ahead for the next few weeks so I can write down their facts and find pictures for them ahead of time so I'll be ready to post every Saturday. I just don't want to be bias with certain families. Otherwise, tallstriders would have been the first family I wrote about. =P

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

:lol: ok, ok, it's fine. was just giving a sugestion. (I don;t mind the tallstriders, I like the blue one..it's like, ooo, pretty colors, must tame)

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

When I began to play in Burning Crusade, I was a slow leveler. It was a PvP server and I had no love for PvP. So it took poor Sochi a good long while to get anywhere. But when we finally did get to Outlands and I was cautiously making my way around, I could not help but notice the warp stalkers. So a teal one was tamed and thusly Tempi joined Sochi's stable. Tempi is still there, she's still Sochi's go to warpy. I have loved the family ever since.

So of course, when I rolled out Shaon, I knew she had to have one too. And since at the time, there were only two colors available, I knew it would be white. And I didn't want to tame just any old warp stalker, oh no. Mine had to have a certain something. It had to be the right warpy. So out to Terrokar Forest I headed and I found a group of three warp stalkers hanging out on the rocks. They'd phase in and out, going about whatever business an untamed warp stalker has to be going about. I hovered there for a moment, watching, then landed my wind rider right in the middle of them.

The plan was to wait for a reaction. Surely they'd react to me suddenly settling in amoungst them, right? It only took a moment for one to notice me and have a go. And that's the one that I hit tame on. He became Jasper, after a small carving of Rainbow Jasper that my husband had placed in my stocking for our first Christmas as husband and wife. The carving was of a small dragon. I felt it all fit together very well. Due to PetEmote, Jasper became more than just cute dragon-like pet. He became "the" pet. He had a personality and a presence. He still does. He always will.

Though he shares his tanking duties, with other warpies, like Zook (gezz-skin) and Subek, my bear, he'll always have a special place for Shaon, just as will Sochi's Tempi.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Another huge fan of warpies here.

My favourite colour, Gezzarak, was tamed at level by my beloved Goblin hunter as soon as she was high enough. I realised very soon that it was a challenge, and called my husband over on his druid to heal. Unfortunately, he was higher level than me at the time, and kept on pulling aggro. We fiddled around with the constant interrupts until finally, some half an hour into the process, Onyx became mine. It is my favourite skin, but sadly Onyx and Lazuli have not yet clicked as I had hoped they would.

The green warpie, Bronte, belongs to my Worgen. And while I consider the colour pretty horrible, she has received more complimentary questions than any other of my warpies. She's a tough old girl, but fiercely loyal.

Mozag's Possessed is the red warpie, and she really looks the part. Her favourite things include lurking in ponds for prey, and hissing at bypassers. The two have a grudging respect for one another, and she is definitely Mozag's go-to tanking pet.

Lomelinda's white warp stalker Maple is a gentle creature, and the two rub along well enough. Unfortunately, the bond is not as close as was that of my first white warp stalker on my first hunter, a Tauren male. He had two tanking pets, a white croc and a white warpie, both very close to his heart. I often see Maple as an older, more matured version of Ceredigion's original, Sekhmet.
Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Shaon, what a lovely way of finding love in this game. I remember you telling me that after I asked if it was named after the National Park. Makes my heart melt every time. :)
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

CandidHeartbeat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Thrall-US [Horde], Moon Guard-US [Alliance]

Unread post by CandidHeartbeat »

My little hunter, Lokiia, and my Blood Elf hunter, Foxsong, both have their own Warpies.
I originally was going to get the same model as Hemlock for Loki, but I fell in love with Masudai for her.
Honestly, Masudai is more of a RP pet for Loki as he came with her from Draenor when the Draenei's fled
on the Exodar. Otherwise, he doesn't get a lot of use - Orso, her grey bear, does.

Foxsong randomly tamed Hemlock, and he just kind of stuck with her - he too, doesn't get much use but
then again Foxsong didn't really use a "tenacity" pet until she met her gem crab. They are both adored though :)
and I, personally, love the models.

Yoruko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Runetotem (EU)

Unread post by Yoruko »

Warp Stalkers are probably my favorite pet family on shared #1 spot with Devilsaurs. I love dragons and all sorts of reptiles in general. Warp stalkers? Warp stalkers are like all of the best things about all the reptiles in one package with a dragonic twist! Come on, look at those horns... LOOK AT THEM!

I fondly remember when I was looking through pre-BC stuff that had been released or datamined and amongst them were some concept art of warp stalkers. Back then I thought to myself that it looks very dragonic and hoping for it to be tameable is a useless dream. Sure enough though, when I went to explore around Outland as soon as I had installed the expansion, there it was between the trees of Terokkar; a warp stalker with striking blue eyes and radiant white scales. Would you look at that? It's tagged a beast! Hit *beast lore* and feel your heart choke a little bit from excitement. As I had mounted up for exploration as soon as I could I was too low level to tame yet, but boy did the white reptile motivate me to do so as soon as possible! Burning Crusade in general was really good to me because it also gave us devilsaurs whom I also remember yearning after every time I visited Un'Goro Crater.

Due to this nostalgia I always clung onto the white skin of the warp stalker. I didn't even glance at the other ones until recently when I wanted a warp stalker for my goblin hunter. Happens that I had recently read on Vephriel's pet blog about her endeavors with Gezzarak which made me curious. I am not a big fan of purple, but the skin on Gezz seemed like an okay shade which wasn't too garish and the green stripes + eyes seemed to fit well with my hunter. I had previously tried the 'green' skin for my goblin but I just couldn't bring myself to like that odd "dirty" sort of yellowish shade next to my very mossy green goblin. It just seemed ajar. After I hit appropriate level and did all the necessary quests and tamed Gezzarak... man, did I fall in love! The skin on Gezzarak is very unique because of the dark, sort of solid, shade and it compliments the warp stalker shape very well.

When I want a tenacity pet for my hunters I usually immediately go for warp stalkers. Each of my hunters get one eventually when I reach a proper level to tame the colour I want. Sometimes two, like on my main hunter who has the white one and the black one now that I fell in such deep love with the skin but don't have the heart to abandon the white one which I share so many good memories with. :D If we had more stable slots... I'm sure I would fill one or two with another warp stalker! Here's to hoping for new warpies in Mists of Pandaria.
Attachments
napsaisry.jpg
napsaisry.jpg (438.34 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
Last edited by Yoruko on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Here is Sarahma's warpie, Cloud! :D Oh the adventures we've had together! Though since hitting 85 Cloud hasn't been in use much. I need to find something for him to do!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_020212_214238.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020212_214238.jpg (206.75 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
WoWScrnShot_020212_214515.jpg
WoWScrnShot_020212_214515.jpg (202.83 KiB) Viewed 3460 times

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I absolutely love my Mindala's warpie, Gezzamina. Obviously she's the Gezzarak skin; I fancy that she's related to Gezzarak, maybe his daughter or something. I'd never even considered taming a warpie until I started grinding the quests for the Sha'tari Skyguard and happened to summon Gezzarak, but I've fallen in love and Gezzamina is my most commonly used tenacity pet.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Awww, warpstalkers hold a special place in my heart and in my stables. My soul pet, if she can be called such is Gezzarak. I tamed her back when she first became tameable, and man it was a pain in the butt! I became exalted with the Skyguard along the way, I remember it taking weeks to finally have a successful tame. I miss her summoning animation, it added to her personality and presence.

She's my old faithful :3 When the others fail she comes in to help kick butt. Her name is Deathwarp, I now prefer more unique names but she's had it so long how could I change it? :hug:
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Equeon »

Only about two weeks ago I made the trek out to tame a blue Chasm Stalker, and I've loved her from the moment she was tamed! I named her Stegra, perhaps because of the spiky plates on her back. She's now my main tanking pet for dungeons and dailies.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Those are one of the prettiest warpy skins, IMO. And I don't usually like blue too much!

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Galaxy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Galaxy »

Ya'll made me go tame Gezzarak LOL!

It was a pain, and I almost admitted to being far too lazy to quest chain up to doing it. And then I learned something!

If you just collect the darn scrolls, (make sure you have that alternate dimension seeing juice, too), you can summon her. No real questing required.

*facepalm*

I have a feeling Gobstopper will be a permanent addition to the family!

Edit: added pic :)
Last edited by Galaxy on Sat May 19, 2012 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Epic Sig by the Epic CandidHeartbeat <3
Azerothian Days

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

I remember taming Gezzarak way back at the beginning of Wrath. I was 72, I think. Or maybe 74.
After experimenting with my paladin friend, we determined two things. To get rid of the RNG of just when she'd interrupt my tame, we had to keep her stunned for the entire tame duration... although stuns have diminishing returns. So, second, I needed more haste.
I soon got another paladin and a shaman to join us, and with bloodlust, drums of speed, two hammers of justice, and some throwaway quest reward gear with haste I had gotten, I got my tame to a short enough time to tame her before she could recover from her stun. I think it was even faster than I calculated! About 8 seconds (Tame was 20 seconds then). I remember just raising my fists in the air in victory as the tame counted down. I was so excited!

I spent days afterward in Dalaran just dismounting and watching the lightning fall on my head.
And I was sad when they removed her lightning animation, and then her Warping ability. But I still love my Anima.
Anima does not like being touched by strangers, and is often skittish; warping a few feet away to safety if she's frightened.

Before Anima, in BC, I had a little warp stalker named Bamf. Because, you know, Nightcrawler (X-Men)! *BAMF*

Warp stalkers are so cute. I think of them as cat lizards. I guess I think of Devilsaurs as cats too, mostly in the way they swagger, and wag their tails when they idle. (they remind me, from behind, like a cat for some reason). But a warp stalker I think of like a cat in that I would love having one just follow me around, or sit in my lap (if it's not too big to...)

---

I love these threads! I can't wait until the roll comes up nether rays... Oh, will you be hearing a lot from me! :3
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

Warp stalkers have got to be my favorite pet model. They have so much personality and I love how they slink about. I do miss their warp ability though which is what originally drew me to the family. Watching my dwarf hunter's warpie Burger slink and then blink behind the enemy was amazing. I do still adore them and it will be great to be able to use mine more when I can make her a ferocity pet.

Corpsebryde's warp stalker is named Dahlia. Right now she assists in soloing content for mounts and transmog gear; but she'll see a lot more action in Mists. She does hold a spot in my active stables and will definitely be staying there.

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Velkyn
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Velkyn »

While I don't have any pictures for the time being, I definitely love warp stalkers and almost all other lizard-y pets you can think of, including raptors and devilsaurs. I could never settle down and level a hunter during wrath, so I don't have the epic stories of love and hate that some people have with Gezzarak the Huntress, but I did fall in love with her skin before I could even possibly tame her, particularly when I helped another friend tame the pretty purple-green lizard shortly after Cataclysm had been released.

But anyways. When I started my hunter, I had already gone through most of the pet families and picked out particular skins I liked. I knew Gezz had to be involved, for sure, 100%, no doubt about it. The moment I hit 62, I traveled to Terokkar and grabbed a white warp stalker, who I called Daxighar. Oh my god, I LOVED my warp stalker. I actually skipped doing dungeons a lot, just because I wanted to hang out further with Dax. I knew once I was between 72-74 though, I'd have to go get Gezzarak the Huntress, and I did exactly that. Gezz was also named Daxighar, as the name had grown on me. I figured that Dax, being Dax, had merely shed and changed color. It seemed like something he would do to throw me off anyways.

I just plain love Daxighar. He's a fantastic little tank, though not really so little. As Neilaren said, I also think of them as cat-lizards with a definite mischievous streak born from their ability to warp. Daxighar also is particularly fond of bringing me apples, no matter where we are. I can't complain, they're my favorite fruit after all. As with some other people, I can't wait for Mists so I can respec him to be a ferocity pet, and use him more often in dungeons.

Once he can be a DPS-spec warp stalker, I don't think I'll be using any other pets for about two months... I'd feel bad, but I honestly just love Dax that much <3
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

I recently found myself using my warpstalkers more often again. Then I remembered the Appreciation thread and wanted to share my warpies with you.

My first warpstalker was a white one with Findu named Frenja. When her stables changed I released her with the thought of taming her again on an other hunter. It took me a few hunters until I tamed her with Emerwen. I'm still not sure about her, maybe it's not Frenja when she's not with Findu. I'm tempted to tame her again once Pandaria comes out and I can have her as ferocity pet for pvp. So long she lives with Emerwen. I absolutely love this skin with the beautiful petrol markings and rose coloration on the tail. Frenja is a very nice and gentle pet, I don't use her much for tough tanking but rather for low level things and as archaeology companion.

The next warpstalker is Dobby. He's Morga's pet. I fell in love with this pet when I saw the npc in Dalaran with him. I read about him and he wasn't tameable. Then Gezzarak became tameable. I did the quests and tamed her at level 80 with the help of my fiance's druid. For me he's a boy and I named him Dobby after the houseelf from Harry Potter. He's just so cute and silly. I love him. I got asked often where I got him, it was more at level 80, but I still get whispers about him.

My third warpstalker is Caramell. She belongs to my Tauren Larkania. I tamed her on a whim when flying to the companion vendor in Netherstorm. She wiggled her way into my heart and is with Larkania to stay. I never was very fond of other warpstalker skins besides the white and the black one, but Caramell is pretty in her very own way. Before her I had the blue one calle Blueberry, but I really like Caramell better, her personality just fits Larkania better. Where Larkania is calm and thinks about things, Cara just stomps forward and does the job. Cara is very protective and her personality shows in the screenshot "What'ssss thissssss? - Ssssstupid lightning isssss ssssstupid". And yes, I imagine her speaking every "s" quite hissed :D I just love her.
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_070212_132150.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070212_132150.jpg (217 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
WoWScrnShot_070212_132355.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070212_132355.jpg (125.33 KiB) Viewed 3460 times
WoWScrnShot_070212_132548.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070212_132548.jpg (240.03 KiB) Viewed 3460 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Finduilas wrote:Cara is very protective and her personality shows in the screenshot "What'ssss thissssss? - Ssssstupid lightning isssss ssssstupid". And yes, I imagine her speaking every "s" quite hissed :D I just love her.
This reminded me of how I almost came to name one of my warpstalkers Hssiss. Hssiss is a name taken from the Star Wars universe to describe a particular dragon that is strongly influenced by the dark side of the force: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hssiss.

I wound up going with a different name for my warpstalker but Hssiss, what it stands for, and the sound it makes when said out loud, still somehow manage to remind me of warpstalkers.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Icaruss

Unread post by Icaruss »

I love warp stalker I remember playing around bc and I always wanted one I remember seeing a hunter with a lvl 32 warpstalker which was the lowest I've seen does anyone know why? Anyways I tamed all the warp stalkers but released them for space and I've only kept Gezzark my favorite I named her Hecate the greek goddess of witchcraft, moons and stars I also helped two guildies tame her too.
Zalvyr
Realm: Dath'remar

Unread post by Zalvyr »

I am bringing this thread BACK TO LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!