Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
cerpin
Realm: moonguard

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by cerpin »

I haven't forgotten about my roll, I've just been...well, yeah, playing with my DH quite a bit, hahah. I'll try and post my results tomorrow!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Saddled Brown Draenor Wolf

First of all, way back in time, Karathyriel used to have a saddled wolf too, for a rather short period of time.
It was the Saddled Black Worg way back in TBC times.
Why did I tame one although everyone knows that Kara always went his yellow lynx?
Because I had a mount that looked exactly like the worg! And back then, hunter pets despawned as soon as you mounted up and reappeared when you got off your mount.
So I had a macro that I used for mounting and demounting, saying that "Karatyriel jumps on the back of his worg" or "Karathyriel jumps off the back of his worg."
I thought it funny to actually have the same companion for riding and fighting.
But I did dismiss the worg pretty soon when I got tired of all the whispers like "How do you ride your pet?" or "How did you tame your mount?" :lol:
Seeing the model just gave me a big grin and a huge flashback of funny memories...

Anyway...
So Bhando went and tamed himself a mount! ;)

Immediately after taming I already knew, these two won't get BFFs!
The Wolf just looks way to 'orcy', if you know what I mean. It just doesn't fit to a Troll in general or Bhando in paticular.
The wolf, I named him Maiyun for no special reason, is a solid pet.
I didn't experience any problems while hunting the beasts of Nagrand.
Unfortunately, I almost only play solo and absolutely despise PvP, so I ran no dungeons or no battleground with him.

Then, all of a sudden, Maiyun developed a strange behavior:

He walked on the right side of Bhando instead of the left! :lol:
Whatever I did, this behavior did stick with Maiyun for about 10 minutes, then he switched sides again as if nothing ever happened.
In all those ~10 years of playing WoW and Hunters, no pet ever did that! EVER!
That is why I decided to keep him in my stables instead of releasing him again. Maybe he does it again?

So, for all of those who like the idea of a saddled pet and do like the draenor wolves, this sure is one good alternative to the usual pets tamed by hunters.

But I have to admit, I was very, very glad, almost a relief, when I saw Rapashi back at Bhandos side. They just belong together.

Nefretiti
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I'd like to do one more since I've regained abit of my enthusiasm lost after doing the alliance side broken shore scenario or raid or whatever it is.
I can't promise I'll get to it right away but I will try to within a reasonable timeframe.

Name: Bixy
Level: 50 currently
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: none
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Rhyela is doing boring things again, like farming rep and doing dailies, so I could use a fresh new face to join me! :)

Name: Rhyela
Level: 100
Exotics: Newp
Restrictions: Ixnay on the echanicalsmay :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

...I haven't forgotten about this. I tamed the monkey, but then got super busy with my finals and then when those were done had lots of things crop up. I'll post my review soon! :D

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Sorry for the delays on these rolls.

Nefretiti(Bixy):
Blue Spiked Raptor

Rhyela:
Black Bone Spider

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Do we have to apply for each new pet separately?
If yes, I want one! :mrgreen:
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Here's my report for the Black Bone Spider!

I looked up the available ones, and decided to try to go for Taladorantula. It's a vignette I'd never gotten before, so I figured it might be fun. I'm into unique pets like that, even if the model itself isn't unique. I wasn't sure exactly which spiderlings I was supposed to smush, but I eventually read on wowhead that it helps to have critter nameplates. So, I began smushing them with my mount.

It didn't take too long for Taladorantula herself to appear, and she wasn't too pleased. I figured she would be large, but my goodness, she's enormous! (Technically this picture is the second Taladorantula that spawned, as I tamed the first one but forgot to take a picture.)

I quickly settled on the name Vengeance, since she spawns after you smush a ton of her babies. :(

Her name is also perfect for PvP, and she's a spider so she's naturally already pretty good at that with that handy web spray. So, off we went to do some battlegrounds!

Afterward, I figured I should get started on the new Dalaran questline. Here we are in good ol' Karazhan. It brings back memories..... She also seems right at home here.

Once we finished that, I headed to the Molten Front to do some dailies (trying to finally acquire that hippogryph). She ran over this puddle of lava and I noticed she looked kinda cool, so I went back and took a pic of it. I think this is my favorite one from tonight. :)

Lastly, I took her to the Isle of Giants to get more dino bones and a primal egg.

Probably best if we don't anger Oondasta.....

So, the verdict: I rather like this gal! I've already got a spider (Naphtali); but oddly enough, before this challenge, I'd been taming random lava spiders in the Molten Front because I guess I just felt like I wanted another one? For some reason I always feel bad taking Naphtali into PvP where she gets hurt. She is best suited for PvE activities where we can keep each other safe. Vengeance, however, seems right at home in PvP, so I think I will keep her specifically for that. I'm also quite fond of the fact that she's a special spawn, it makes her more endearing to me. And while I didn't really think I cared much for the bone spiders in particular (though I think they're cool, just not for me), this coloration is particularly pretty. I really like the oranges and reds and such in addition to the black. So, everything about her - from the spawning to her new name - really comes together for me, and I think she's a keeper. :)

Unfortunately, I forgot to get swimming and combat pics (I always forget in the heat of combat), but I really like the spider animations in this game. When they swim, they kinda look like an octopus. XD They're not too noisy, making little hiss noises, and I think their idle animations are cute with their little pedipalps twitching about. They often seem to have an air of curiosity about them. Oh and if I remember correctly, when you run through snow, they make itty bitty spider footprints!

Thanks for reading, and for the new friend!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_081816_205056.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081816_205056.jpg (433.19 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
WoWScrnShot_081816_205317.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081816_205317.jpg (298.64 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
Vengeance.jpg
Vengeance.jpg (218.41 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
PvP.jpg
PvP.jpg (501.92 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
WoWScrnShot_081816_222514.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081816_222514.jpg (212.8 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
WoWScrnShot_081816_232055.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081816_232055.jpg (123.91 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
WoWScrnShot_081816_234455.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081816_234455.jpg (264.3 KiB) Viewed 3142 times
WoWScrnShot_081816_234518.jpg
WoWScrnShot_081816_234518.jpg (267.13 KiB) Viewed 3142 times

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Karathyriel wrote:Do we have to apply for each new pet separately?
If yes, I want one! :mrgreen:
Yes, it's written in the first post that every time you want a new roll to please fill out the form each time. :) Just makes things easier for me when I'm skimming for new requests.

Edit: Rhyela, I like your new friend! The picture of her as a giant kinda gave me the heebie jeebies, but she's very pretty. :) Love the pic of her over the lava.

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Aw, I'm sorry! I didn't consider that some folks have arachnophobia. I should probably have put a "giant spider pic" warning.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Well then...

Name: Karathyriel
Level: 100
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

I have an odd desire to make a new baby hunter and only tame pets that I receive through this challenge. Not sure if time will allow that (free time is a precious commodity these days), but it seems like it could be fun. :)

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Rhyela: Oh no worries; I can control my fear of spiders with the WoW stuff pretty good. :lol: I feel like someone has tried that idea with a hunter, or that it's been brought up before, but I can't remember. I think it would be fun so long as you spaced out the challenges, otherwise I could see a lot of burnout happening making reports. :)

Karathyriel:
Blue and White Spiked Wind Serpent

[/center]
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

What do you think of doing a new challenge every 10 levels, with the stipulation that the challenge pet be from a particular level bracket? For example, at level 20 I'd ask for a challenge pet in the 11-20 range. Is that way too complicated to do rolls for, or would that be okay? That would give me time to become acquainted with the new pet, and comes out to 10 reports. I could maybe even space it out to every 20 levels if 10 seems excessive.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Okay, I made a new hunter dude. I'd love to see what I get, if you can do it!

Name: Dansen
Level: 10
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None yet!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Rhyela, I think that's a great way to keep from getting burnout. :) Reminds me of the pet journals we used to do around here where every 10 levels you tamed the pet nearest you. :lol: Those restrictions are fine for me to work with.

Rhyela(Dansen):
Purple Spider
Spiders just really like you. :lol: If this proves to be too hard to find since the only one in the 1-10 bracket is a rare, let me know and I'll give you a new roll.

[/center]
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

I've been away for the weekend, I'll get to mine sometime this week.
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Nope, rare/distant tames are fine by me! I'm fairly certain I'm going to like this critter since it's one of my favorite spiders. Might take a little bit for the report depending on how long it takes to get it. Whee!

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Is there a phase thing going on at Solliden's farmstead? When I log on to check, the spider is briefly there and then disappears. I don't know if it's just the game trying to load everything and making it look like it's there since that's where it would be, or if the location is phased and I can't get in due to being a human on a PvP server. :| I'll keep checking! I'm camped on a hill right behind the house so I can log on periodically to check for it.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If it's too much trouble/takes too much time, please let me know and I'll give you a new roll. :) That phasing/cross-realm issue sounds like a pain.

[/center]