Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by SibealAD »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Your report looks great! Photobucket is a great place to have your photos hosted and reposted from. I will post you a new roll tomorrow.

Thank you ^ ^ I have to say I had a lot of fun doing it and taking the pics. I just got the selfie cam item that makes it a toy, so I may try to see if I can do a selfie with pet for the next one -giggles-

Also I have to say I love the picture with Kadghar, Thrall, and the "heroes of Azeroth" at the dark portal. I'm very happy with how it turned out. May have to put that on my guild's scrapbook page.

One of the pics is coming up "linked wrong" ... I tried to edit it but it still shows the error... if you click on it the actual picture shows like it should so for some reason the thumbnail broke -kicks photobucket- I'll try to make my pictures smaller so I won't have to thumbnail them next time.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

okidokie bit bored with Wow at the moment.. only doing daily garrison mission with Tårnfalk and then logging out so maybe a challenge can rekindle my passion

Name: Tårnfalk
Level: 90
Exotics: yes
Restrictions: no rares :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Sorry, I'm a wee bit behind getting rolls out. >_>

SibealAD:
Light Blue Scarab Beetle
Also, Photobucket has an auto-shrinking feature to it. All my photos default down in size when I upload them there and post them on forums and stuff. There should be a way to pick out what size you want them to default to.

Kalhoun:
Dark Grey Monkey

Tårnfalk:
Purple Spider

Happy hunting folks! :D

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I had the purple spider so i dressed up to match the pet. headed to sw and took the portal to Hiya as thats the easiest way to winterspring :D

Found the spider in the cave/hole in the ground near starfall village. Tamed it and named him Gastong

oki time to do some dailyes. I specced Gastong to ferocity and went off to do my chores. I got a barn so i trap wolf or clefhoofs for leather or cloth for our alts. Today it was clefhoofts :D..

A spiders specialty is its web ability which you actually came in handy when fighting the 3 rares which were up. yay rep for steamwheedle :D. Gastong did surprisingly well. I normally do dailyes with my spirit beast just to be sure to have that extra healing but the little spider did good enough with a little healing from me. The spider does NOT carry a grp buff so this is a pet you only want to bring with you if all the buffs are covered... or if your like me and dont care about stuff like that :D

i LOOOOVE the way spiders move in the water :D. Almost like an octopus.

Me and Gastong hanging out by the fire after doing the daily chores

But in the end i let him go. Lilac is my spider and eventhough Gastong has such an amazing color he was released to the wild. I might tame him again on one of my alts though. Really like the purple

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I had actually forgotten all about that color..... It is very pretty! I might have to nab one on an alt, myself. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I somehow knew I was going to be assigned a monkey, lol! I'm going to do this as an RP-ish story, because why not. Yay, storytime. Sorry that some of the screenies are kind of crappy - LFR is hectic. I ended up taming one of the curious monkeys in Zul-Gurub, just because I like pets that make noises when you click on them.

--------------------------------

Journal entry - March 23

The outlook is promising, we've made progression through the Iron Horde's foundry. I was sent in once again with a large battalion, and together we were able to knock out what I believe to be some of the higher ranking enemy officials.

But really, I wanted to write this entry to record the strange circumstance in which I found a new addition to my beast companions.

I had spent the night in Warspear, as my group were to head out to Gorgrond the next morning. Gathering some last minute supplies, I had stopped at the alchemist's hut, and noticed a blue-grey monkey chained up near some boxes in the far corner of the shop. It stared up at me with brown, soulful eyes, pitifully tugging at it's restraints.

The shop keep must have noticed my expression, as I immediately had concern for the little primate - I could only imagine why the alchemist had him. "He's not for sale," the Forsaken said. His voice was gravely, and sounded like his throat hadn't been cleared since he had been risen. However, I soon found out that the monkey was indeed very much for sale, if only I gave the right price. I probably paid too much, but you know my weakness for animals in distress.

Once the monkey was free, I led it to a better-lit area to give it a good look over.

He must have only been chained for a short while, as he was still in good condition. He also seemed to understand commands, which made me wonder how he had wound up in the possession of the Undead - he had clearly belonged to someone at some point. I shared a piece of rationed bread with him, which he immediately stole and greedily gobbled down. This behavior earned him the name "Goober," as that is what I called him in surprise.

My plan was to drop Goober off at the stable in town, and pick up one of my own companions before I headed out, but that was not to be. My battalion was leaving, and I only had time to hurry across Warspear and catch one of the last wyverns. The flight was uneventful, and once we had marched from Sky Sea to the bluffs overlooking our target, I was sent ahead to scout. Of course my new simian friend came along as well, and I felt a bit nervous at not knowing how well he would protect me. Goober, however, seemed energized by the situation.

The rush of battle consumed us both, and I found the little monkey to be a worthy ally. Not only was he quick, but he was clever. He stayed by my side without any hesitation, and my suspicions were confirmed that he once had been another Hunter's partner.

Enemies fell, and we pushed forward through the foundry, dismantling their forces. We also found some curious monsters along the way, like the huge Goren who seemed to be devouring their ore supplies. I suppose they could thank us for ridding them of it.

After what seemed an eternity, we had come to a dock with a large battleship. We had pushed further than we had ever gone before. Our forces set up a defense to hold the position, and my group was relieved of duty.

Goober and I soon found ourselves back in Warspear, our lungs still filled with the acrid smoke of that filthy war mill, but satisfied to have done our part. I dropped him off at the stables, where I'm sure he is having some well-deserved rest. I'm not sure what will become of him in the long run, but I will keep him boarded for as long as I can. Perhaps if I maintain the funds to keep him, he will join me on future expeditions.

For now, though, I think it's time for sleep.

-----------------------------------

There ya go. I had fun! Goober will probably stay in my stable until I run out of room.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I loved it! That was entertaining to read, and your story actually makes me feel sorry for the poor little fella. Keep hiiiiiiim! :3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
SibealAD
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by SibealAD »

Just wanted to post a little update -

Sib and her Beetle are doing well, their player sadly is not. I've been very ill, so Sib sadly has been sitting in her garrison only getting xp from mine / flowers... Hopefully I'll be able to play and get a report in, but I wanted to post so it wouldn't seem I just disappeared.
thunderdate
Realm: Chamber of Aspects, Shadowsong

Unread post by thunderdate »

Hey :D This challenge seems pretty fun :) I'd like something new

Name: Thunderdate
Level: 100
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: No spiders, they creep me out xD

I could do it on an Alliance or Horde character, so the faction needed for the pet doesn't matter.
Ty :D
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Holy crap! Nice to see someone interested! I will get you a roll up in a little bit, have some other stuff to take care of this morning first. :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Can I please ask for a roll too? I need something fun to do ..

Name: Peridot (In game character: Frisk)
Exotics: Sure
Restrictions: None
Rares I Have: Does Gara count as a rare ?

Thanks I hope its okay to ask.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Oh yay, two rolls to do! :D (I have to remember how to do this now. :lol:)

Before you post your reports please have a look at the front page for guidelines! :D

Thunderdate:
Brown Porcupine

Peridot(Frisk):
We'll say Gara counts, even though she's not really rare. :) I'm going to roll you a random one this time, but if you keep doing these, I wouldn't mind seeing a report on Gara since she involves quite the process to achieve. :)
Red Spectral Porcupine
Ironically it gave you a challenge tame SB anyway. :lol:

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Friendly reminder that people asked for these.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Oh yay, two rolls to do! :D (I have to remember how to do this now. :lol:)

Before you post your reports please have a look at the front page for guidelines! :D

Thunderdate:
Brown Porcupine

Peridot(Frisk):
We'll say Gara counts, even though she's not really rare. :) I'm going to roll you a random one this time, but if you keep doing these, I wouldn't mind seeing a report on Gara since she involves quite the process to achieve. :)
Red Spectral Porcupine
Ironically it gave you a challenge tame SB anyway. :lol:
Were you guys still interested in doing this? The rolls have been there for a while now. >_>

[/center]
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

I'm working on mine, Sorry =( I'll see if I can finish it up and edit it in here in bit.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

No worries. It seems to happen a lot where people ask for rolls and then they just fall off the face of the earth and never post in here again. :lol:

[/center]
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Arthur »

Alright here we go! Hopefully this is an alright review..

So Frisk went looking for a new friend and found.. Degu!

She promptly fell in love and rushed to tame her.

She's a beautiful shade of red with an adorable nose and fun smile!

They are now ready for fun and adventures, like protecting their mine:

Taking a swim:

Visiting a 'friend':

Having a snack:

And playing fetch:

Frisk is very happy with their new companion.

Overall I really like Degu! She is very cute and I love her model and animation. I'm very fond of spirit beast in general so I may be biased. I love having the heal ability for emergencies.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Very cute! Was really wishing I had a SB and was BM spec trying to solo Valithra last night. :lol:

[/center]
Evandelle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Blackwater Raiders (Alliance), Perenolde (Horde)

Unread post by Evandelle »

Hey! Been back to WoW for a little while now and looking for something interesting to do while I wait for the pre-Legion patch to drop and give me the gnome hunter I always wanted. So is this still a thing? Can I still get assigned a random pet? Because that would be awesome.

Missed you guys. Glad to be back. :)

Name: Evandelle
Exotics: Why not
Restrictions: Nothing rare, i.e. Hard to find or hard to tame!

P.S. How do y'all put pictures in your posts like that? Never figured out how to do that. Are there instructions somewhere I can reference?
Many thank you's to Siliverin for the best siggy ever, and also hugs and love to kamoodle5 for my most amazazing avatar. <3
ikceya

Unread post by ikceya »

Hi, I've been lurking for a while but finally registered and I'd like to participate if it's still going on!

Name: Lohuulan
Level: 92
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None