Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, Tyger, you've given me quite a challenge with the diseased bear. I've never been comfortable with the diseased ones, and now that they are hi-def....oooh boy. I'll give it a shot tho, cause it's not called a pet challenge for nothing!

Nhee, I loved your hyena report. It made me miss old Maggie. She was a red hyena from back when Scarlet Hounds were hyenas. I had her for ages, but somehow lost her along the way. Maybe I should tame a red one and say it's her, even tho I'm a little stuck on the "shiny" new models....She was a good mutt.

Aweena, that gives me a different perspective on the brown stag. They really are quite pretty. I'd never noticed. And the pic of your tauren hamming it up with the wasp was priceless :D
lilaughingwolf
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Zul'gin

Unread post by lilaughingwolf »

Sorry so late...lots of RL stuff going on :shock:

Ok, I was given the Beige Stegodon.

Violet needing a break from Legion duties traveled back to home and the call of a new companion. Randomly picking Desolace to start her search.

Once she arrived she noticed this lone older male wandering around.

After watch him for awhile she decided she had found her new pet....or so she thought, seems he had other plans as he charged explosively up to her ready to fight. Moved and impressed with the fire in this old guy she was even more determined to make him her new companion.

Finally changing her new friends mind he settled right down and took to traveling and fighting with her and Hati with great joy, seems this old bull NEEDED this as much as she needed the change as well.

Naming him Titan for the size of his heart and fight, they enjoyed many adventures together and many fights.

Happy with his new home, the old bull now had a shine in his eyes that once were dull. Once again...hunter and beast travel on into the great unknown to adventure untold....

Ok, this big boy was really easy to find. Still old blocky model...would be super awesome if they could give these guys a touch up like they did the kodos. Not a bad tank pet, kept aggro really well and seemed to really take the hits and kept going. These little "Tonka Truck" (the old saying Tonka tough) pets are compact, decent, and other than the old blocky skin rather neat. I think since I have the room he gets to stay.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I'm sorry, been busy again in real life. My man is buying me a new desk for my big computer and I've been a little lazy about getting on my laptop. I haven't been able to spend as much time with him because we don't have people at work so we're both working all of the time. I will try to get rolls out today or tomorrow as I still want to read the reports that have been made as well. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aweena(Zeti):
Brown Fox

::OR::

Black Scorpid

Aweena(Nahame):
Honestly, it's up to you on what to do, not me. :) If you want a new roll, I'll shoot you a new one, or you can do the yellow wasp or fox. Just let me know.

Teigan: For some reason I had a feeling that you were uncomfortable with the diseased skins, but since I wasn't 100% sure, I went ahead with the roll. :lol: If it really does end up bothering you too much, then I will give you a new roll. :)

lillaughingwolf: Loved your report! What a nice story. ^_^

Please let me know if I missed anyone! :D

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

TygerDarkstorm, you're correct there, but, to me the idea of this is to tame things you otherwise wouldn't, so, it's all fair game :D I have acquired the bear. It's name is Edward, for some reason. The testing will proceed!
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That's how I've always viewed these challenges, myself, but I know people have certain fears and squeamishes so I want to make sure I'm accommodating. :)

[/center]
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Nah give me a new roll maybe i will get one of them again also brown fox it is for Zeti seems she rolls brown a lot

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hah, yeah, I noticed she was getting a lot of brown rolls. xD Sorry, sometimes the random bit of rolls is weird. I'll get you a new roll for Nahame thrown up.

Aweena(Nahame):
Blue and Magenta Moth

Ghostly Black Saber Worg

[/center]
Nhee
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Nhee »

Hey, my laptop is kind of dead, so it may be a while before I can get to my reports :( just letting you know that I haven't forgot about them ^^

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

It's been a while since I got my rolls. I just want you to know I haven't forgotten and am working on them!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Same here, I've logged on WoW maybe twice in the past couple of weeks. Life went from 0 to 60 in no time flat.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

This thread certainly went from active to dead in nothing flat. :lol: No worries guys, take your time.

[/center]
Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

Been busy with baby stuff will get back to it soon (TM)

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Nhee
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Nhee »

Laptop is working again :) Will have the reports ready as soon as possible!

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

May I try ?

Name: Narmë
Level: 110
Exotics: I'd rather not, I play Survival, but I can go BM. I can't tame mechanicals
Restrictions: I don't know ? Roleplay character, blood elf, mercenary.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Hello Inay! I'm going to throw up two rolls for you, one regular style random and one more in more of an attempt to match your RP theme. :) You just pick whichever pet you want to report on. I too have an RP BE merc hunter so hopefully I get it right.

Inay(Narmë):
White Musken

Crystal Spider

[/center]
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Aaah bad, bad, I forgot to bring my results !

I choose the white musken, for I have none of this family and already two spiders.
Here you see me, searching my prey from above like the daring bearded vulture seeking skeleton to eat!

Here I've found a young that I choosed to tame. She seems more curious than scarred by the operation, and of a good nature.

Cute. I'll name her Myrthie. I don't know why, it just seems like a good name.

She's really smaller than the adult of the specie 'tho.

It seemed also appropriate to take a picture with a yak, given how near these two species are. They are of aproximately the same size. (Yak mount of a blood elf so, not really big)

First, before any fight, I bring her with me to try to fish the elusive ray. Let's say that I'm trying her patience, yes?

This... This is how you sleep? Not scarred but maybe not the brightest of her herd...

I've bringed her to fights later but I forgot to take screens of that. My conclusions :
The animation are cute, even if the run cycle seems a little silly when she run near my mount.
In fight, it's lovely. My only pet tank was a worm, and I really love her more! She's a part of my five-always-with-me team for the moment. I didn't bring her in PvP for I haven't done PvP for a little time now, but she was with me for dailies, old dungeon runs and stuff like that. No regret.
Good tanking. Didn't watch the dps. We don't need food anymore. (How old is that topic? It's been years, haha)
I.. don't really remember the sounds effects, and my account isn't active now. Well, it didn't strike me as bad at least!
Will I keep her? I don't know. I do love the animation and competences but I just don't really click with the model. No one colour for the musken really do it for me, in the other hands I finally looked at the yaks pets, and I will probably take one. Not sure if the black or the golden one yet. So yeah, I keep the family but probably not this one.
Inay
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Inay »

Since I tested the yack after that, my conclusion is : Hell no. That thing is so damn noisy all the time I can't stand it. I'll take back Myrthie the musken.
Nessixo
Realm: Stormrage EU

Unread post by Nessixo »

Can I ask is this still available to do? I'd love to try it :) If so, save you waiting for a reply -

Name: Amally
Level: 110
Exotics: Yes
Restrictions: None :) (I'm not keen on bug like pets, silithids and beetles, but then it wouldn't be a challenge would it :D )
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I am still providing rolls for these; though I won't be able to get around to it until tomorrow. :)

[/center]