Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Re: Random Pet Challenge [v4.0]

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Sorry for the delay on rolls. I kept thinking I gave them out, then find out I didn't, and real life's been kicking my bum. :oops:

Starkittens(Mizts):
Blue Sporebat
(Squish highly approves of this roll. *thumbs up*)

Starkittens:
Dark Green Ravager

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

...I was just in the zone on my troll hunter... fail. I'll go get them.

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Mizts:
I went out and tamed a Blue sporebat. They roam around Zangamarsh, and are a neutral mob. It was an easy tame, they don't do much damage.

They're quite pretty, a nice blue, with what looks to be red gems on their tails. I noticed, they don't really do that much damage. It took mine a bit to kill a level 60 mob, when I'm 85. They look to be mostly for a companion, for those long camps. They're quite pretty, sure to attract attention. That's about it though. Their movement is slightly off, the body looks good when it moves, a slight flapping of their wings(wings? Flippers?) but their tail flips all out of control behind them.

{extreme egg sitting}

Again?
Name: Mizts (troll)
Level: 85
Exotics: sure
Restrictions: no Cata/Northrend rares please, I have the ones I want. also, no monkeys.

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

My random pet this time was the red Gorilla. This skin has a rare member called Kurmokk in Stranglethorn. I wanted to see if he was up and he was. So I tamed Kurmokk the red gorilla. Merowen named him "Red". The name just stuck in my head and seemd fitting.
After the tame Merowen and Red went to Winterspring where Merowen had some tasks that needed to be done.
In Winterspring the first thing Red did was to bang his chest wildly to announce everyone he had arrived, something he liked to repeat over and over again during breaks in fighting. Red is a fierce gorilla, not really tamed but willing to go on adventures with Merowen. He protected her very well from chimeras, bears and wild cats as well as stone giants and strange owl-beasts. Whatever target Merowen choose to shoot at, he reached it before it could harm her and distracted it very well. While fighting bears his favorite strategy was to knock them with his head so they wouldn't know where up and down was anymore. Other targets he liked to give a full fist in the face. All in all a very simple but effective fighting style.
Soon Merowen and Red reached the magical level of 58 and were called to support the Horde in Outlands.
Red was very excited when he saw the land called Hellfire Peninsula. He seemed to fit right in with his red colored fur. While Merowen was busy accepting quests from the people in Thrallmar Red spent the time scratching his butt (very often) and banging his chest (quite often). He seemed to have grown during their tasks in Winterspring and now was a lot bigger than the tiny bloodelf. When banging his chest and standing on his hind legs he was even bigger than the orcs. He was impatiently looking around from the left to the right the longer Merowen spent time in Thrallmar, but eventually she was ready to start. Killing annoying imps and nasty orcs went very easy and Red had no problems holding the attention of several enemies. He didn't need healing once and seemed to be very proud of himself everytime they had killed a target: he was banging his chest. Every target died so fast Red's special ability was hardly needed. His pummel interrupts spellcasting, but most enemies didn't even start to cast before dying. After lots of adventures Merowen and Red went back to Orgrimmar and Red was allowed to take a well earned bath in the lake of valley of wisdom. Watching Red Merowen noticed his graceful swimming where all his bulkyness seemed to disappear. He was swimming almost like a human, using his arms to push himself forward. After the bath they went to the inn for a well deserved rest.

Red is a pet I hadn't expected to like. I'm still unsure if I want to keep him. I liked his appearance and his grim face. He did a very good tanking job and his animations are nice. Only thing I really hate about gorillas is their constant butt scratching. Sadly Red seemed to do it all the time when standing still, sometimes even between his attack animations. Red can stay in Merowen's stables for now, but I don't think he is a permanent pet for her.

Next challenge please:
Name: Merowen
Level: 59
Exotics: not yet
Restrictions: nothing diseased please
Attachments
Red1.jpg
Red1.jpg (101.73 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
Red2.jpg
Red2.jpg (85.28 KiB) Viewed 2720 times

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

falstad
Realm: lightninghoof

Unread post by falstad »

hi im felstad long time reader first time comenter and i would love a pet chalenge :mrgreen:

name:fesltsd
level:85
exotic:yes please :headbang:
dislikes:spiders, undead anthing,voultures, cats, serpents.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Starkittens(Mizts):
Blue Raptor

Finduilas(Merowen):
White Lion

::OR::

Blue Demon Dog

Welcome Falstad. :)
Falstad(fesltsd):
White Owl

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
falstad

Unread post by falstad »

can someone please tell me how to upload screenshots i dont know how=(
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

When in your reply window there's a button "Full Editor" go there, then it changes a bit and you see smilies and colors and all kinds of things. Below the "Submit/Preview/Save draft/..." buttons there's a box where you can search for files in your computer, you choose a file and then click on "Add the file" then it will show your uploaded screenshot as a link. If you click on it while still in the "Post a reply" form it will pop up in a new window and you can copy the link and put it into your text by using [ img][ /img] (just without the spaces) and putting the link of the pic in between. Please make sure your pics are not too big, there are rules about how big pictures are allowed to be here: http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=123.

An other method is to use an imageshack (or similar) account to upload your pics there and then just copy the links from there to put them into your text with the [ img][ /img].

With the preview button you can check if everything works out before submitting your post.

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

falstad

Unread post by falstad »

wow! thank you
falstad

Unread post by falstad »

for my first challenge i was given white owl after learning where to tame it i rushed off to mount hyjal. apon arrival at the shrine of avina i spotted white above the aviary but to my dismay it was just out of reach
grumpy0.jpg
grumpy0.jpg (428.96 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
after walking around to the side of the building i spotted him
grumpy1.jpg
grumpy1.jpg (485.63 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
taming him wasnt a challenge but strangly he shrunk to one tenth of his original size although this happenes with most pets he seemed espesialy upset by this so thats when i named him grumpy. grumpy hated being so small so he took it out on other members of his kind
grumy2.jpg
grumy2.jpg (505.44 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
i like grumpy hes definitly not on my main roster but he did earn a place in my stables :D
grumpy3.jpg
grumpy3.jpg (467.5 KiB) Viewed 2720 times
falstad

Unread post by falstad »

did the links work?
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

Worked fine, and he does look grumpy!
falstad

Unread post by falstad »

yay! im ready for my next challenge!

name:felstad
level:85
exotics:yes please
dislikes:cats, undead, things, spiders, bats, birds of prey
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

I've seen these challenges on here before and love reading the reports. I'd love to try it out :)

Name: Corpsebryde
Exotics: Sure
Restrictions: Spirit beasts; I've tamed them all before.
Rares: Deth'tilac, Chromaggus, Harakiss the Infestor, red Maddex, Scarr, Karkin

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'm on vacation atm, but I will still be able to hand out the rolls. It might take a day or two before I can get around to updating though since me and the boyfriend are trying to spend a lot of time outside and together.

[/center]
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Sorry for the delay on these.

Falstad(felstad):
Purple Crocolisk

::OR in case you've already done that quest::
Violet Dragonhawk

Corpsebryde:
Brown Fox

[/center]
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

For my random pet I rolled the Brown Fox. There are two common mobs that share this skin: Redridge Fox and Rabid Fox. I chose to tame the Rabid Fox for my challenge.

After flying to Western Plaguelands and riding to the proper spawn points I chose a lonely girl limping amongst the spiders (yuck creepy) and gnolls.

She was quite reluctant to cooperate with my attempts at taming but after some persuasion she finally agreed to become my buddy :)

Following my undead/paranormal theme I named her Besom since her bushy tail reminded me of a broom. She's a playful little thing and extremely loyal. I just loved watching her antics.
ImageImage

As far as models go I think that foxes are one of the best. They're very sleek and well proportioned. The idle animations include scratching, sniffing and "howling". They also have the cute dance that many of us have come to know and love. I also adore they're cute, little barking and growling noises they make upon attacking. When walking or running they're simply beautiful and Besom was no exception.
Image Image

The swimming animation is very fluid and is basically a doggie paddle. However, when viewed from the front the left foreleg appears to break and wasn't pleasant to look at.
Image ImageImage

Being a ferocity pet I think that foxes are best suited for PvE. They put out exceptional dps, especially for a Beast Mastery hunter like myself. They have a Tail Spin ability which reduces melee and ranged attack speed of all enemies within 10 yards by 20%. The ability is very useful but it's a shame that it doesn't work for bosses :( I decided to run a random Cata dungeon with Besom and we rolled Grim Batol. She was quite fierce and was even a successful tank a couple of times when a clumsy group member aggroed some mobs.

Overall Besom was a great tame. But alas she did not make it into my stables as a permanent companion. I already have a black fox named Cryptic who's been with Corpsebryde since the beginning and will always be by my side. Besom seemed to like the pet shop in Dalaran so I turned her over to their care so that another hunter might fall in love with her like I did and adopt her.

That was really fun. I'd love to have another!

Name: Corpsebryde
Restrictions: Spirit beasts; I've tamed them all before. Brown Fox
Rares: Deth'tilac, Chromaggus, Harakiss the Infestor, red Maddex, Scarr, Karkin

Velkyn
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Velkyn »

Name: Devenn
Restrictions: None
Rares: Arcturis, Loque, Ban'thalos, Skoll, King Krush, The Evalcharr, Kirix
Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Did this thread die? I hope not :(

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It's not dead. I am really busy in real life anymore and just haven't felt like updating the rolls yet.

[/center]