Conflicting emotions.

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Vorhees

Conflicting emotions.

Unread post by Vorhees »

So the other day I finished something that's been in my bucket list for a while. To tame one of each mechanowolf colors!
With my collection now finally complete, I feel very happy about myself....And at the same time a bit sad.
When I started this project, pet families where still not locked into specs IIRC. I'm fairly certain I had both tenacity and ferocity robodogs.
This is no longer possible, and thus my collection will mostly be stable warmers, unless I bring them out for a spot of RP or something.

Anyway, I feel good about completing a project, even though I took a 3 year hiatus from WoW before reaching my goal.
With my ADHD addled brain, it's a rare thing for me to ever see a project to the end. :D
The green "Model GU-4RD-3R" was difficult as I remember, but ho boy...Did I struggle to get a yellow "Junkyard D.0.G."
I could have waited until I was lvl 70 and with better ilvl, but naaah I wanted this done and dusted.
Solo at lvl 62 and ilvl 207...Not too bad I think?

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Conflicting emotions.

Unread post by Bowno »

Congrats on finishing your tame list!
Personally, I'd say go ahead and use what ever pet you want, even if its not the best pet family at this point. I use a Wolf still even though it would make more sense for me to get a clefthoof or something. I just love my wolf too much to care about much else. Same with some of my other hunters... I could use the best... Or I can say "screw it" and just use the other pets I like because they make me happy :>

Siggy under construction!

OnyxHydra
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde); Feathermoon (Alliance)

Re: Conflicting emotions.

Unread post by OnyxHydra »

Congrats on completing your tames! As a fellow ADHD person, I know how hard finishing this kind of project can be and salute you.

I returned to the game recently after a near 10 year break myself, so seeing how much pets feel kind of dumbed down has definitely bummed me out. On the bright side, they're still fun to catch and some of them develop little personalities as they run along with my hunter.