Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 14: Tallstriders!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 14: Tallstriders!

Unread post by Wassa »

Mozag wrote:Thank you, Wassa, for inspiring this great love I feel for tallstriders!
Welcome to the flock.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Corpsebryde
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Corpsebryde »

I have always loved tallstriders with their screech and goofy animations, but I could never find one that fit any of my hunters....until Cackle.

Cackle is a fairly new tame but she's quickly moved up the ladder in my stables and is now tied with my cat as top pet. Tallstriders are a family that is very under appreciated and under represented in my opinion. It would be nice if they received some love and had some new skins added as well. /crosses fingers

Avatar by Moonlost; Signature by Sookie
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

That's an adorable picture. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
ikceya

Unread post by ikceya »

Not to rez an ancient thread but I didn't want to make an entirely new one for one pet.

This here is my #1 amigo, tamed years ago as soon as I could swap out that boring purple starter pet.

Named after terror birds, a much more wild and ferocious inspiration than the chicken I'd previously thought they resembled. My previous troll hunter that I played from vanilla to MoP never bothered with a tallstrider for more than five minutes before releasing it back into the wild, but when I started over with my tauren Lohuulan I wanted to try out pets that no one else used and ended up falling in love. He's accompanied me from the Barrens to Draenor and, alongside my dreadmaw crocolisk, is my longest standing pet. I've tried out other variants but none have had the personality of this brown one.