Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 34: Cats!

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Random Pet Family Appreciation Thread 34: Cats!

Unread post by Rhyela »

Sorry for the double-post, but Tetsusaiga deserves his own post. I have two honorable mentions for favorite kitties.

First is Sounga, Rhyela's other kitty. After I had released Tetsusaiga back in Wrath and was missing my kitty companion, I tried taming different kitties to try to find the same bond with another one. The only one that came close was a black panther from STV named Nemaeus (named tweaked from the Nemean lion). I loved the color, but the model just doesn't do anything for me, so I let him go.

When I found that Duskfang was being introduced in the game (though not tamable right away), I found myself hoping for Blizz to flip that proverbial switch. I love the mount model, and that black was just beautiful. I was very happy when they finally made him tamable, so I ran out and grabbed him and named him Sounga (after the sword Sō’unga in Inu Yasha, to keep with my "theme" that I never meant to have).

When I got Tetsusaiga back (<3), I briefly thought about letting Sounga go, but I really enjoyed him as a companion and still love his appearance. Even though I generally try not to have more than one of any pet family (though I'm not so good at actually sticking to that), I couldn't help but allow Sounga to remain. He'll never be as special as Tetsusaiga, but he's a good friend nonetheless.

My other kitty friend belongs to Ariela, my baby hunter on Lightbringer. I had sworn to not tame every single animal I came across, and to wait until the right one called to me. I assumed it would be a while before that happened. I even took up SV as a spec because I figured I'd have to be able to kill stuff without a pet for a while (I released my starter pet as soon as I was able). I assumed wrong. I couldn't even make it out of the starting zone without taming something. But, it wasn't just any something. It was a lynx. I don't know why this particular one pulled me so. I had tried lynxes before and didn't really care for them (couldn't help but see that model as a druid, since my druid had been that model for years). But this one was different somehow. I so cleverly came up with the name Purcival, after Percival from Arthurian legend. I made it "Pur" like "purr"...ha. :P

Anyway, the bond was instant. Purcival, again, has not touched me the way Tetsusaiga has, but he is a very close second, and he's definitely number one as far as Ariela is concerned. I can't seem to quest very long with another pet without missing him and pulling him out again. He's more than just a guardian or protector, he's also a friend and brother to Ariela. They both started out young, and as they grow together their bond only grows stronger. And Ariela protects him every bit as much as he protects her. They understand each other like no one else could. :)

Attachments
WoWScrnShot_082911_221732.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082911_221732.jpg (154.77 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
WoWScrnShot_082411_193910.jpg
WoWScrnShot_082411_193910.jpg (220.77 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
Rhyela and Sounga 2.jpg
Rhyela and Sounga 2.jpg (552.82 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
Rhyela and Sounga.jpg
Rhyela and Sounga.jpg (654.81 KiB) Viewed 3812 times

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
starkittens
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: mok'nathal, Runetotem, and a couple others

Unread post by starkittens »

Those eyes!
Dang it! those lynx eyes! I've never noticed how much they glow!!!!!

The burns of a fire may heal with time
but the burns from our love will never heal, even as the years pass on
{My Magistream Keep}{My DA}{My DC scroll}

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

And the weird little pupil thing in them makes them look cross-eyed (look at Rhy's second lynx screen). :P

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Shirubia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Quel'thalas

Unread post by Shirubia »

Dishu... My first kitty! Ran all the way to the barrens at level 15 just for her. She's never going to leave my stable <3 (I consider her retired, used her for 80 levels so she deserves a break!).

Sambas... A chance encounter, I wasn't even interested in camping for him. Was mining elementium in twilight highlands when NPC scan goes off just above Victor's point, saw no one else there and thought ''Meh, why not?'' and tame. Not 2 seconds later the sky turns red and Deathwing comes and charrs me and the newly tamed Sambas.

And also much <3 to all my saber mounts!
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Cats are obviously a favourite, and I am no exception. I have quite a few already at this point, and will have lots more come MoP. But for now, I introduce my kitties.

Eady's cat is Spark, who true to his name is energetic, young, friendly, and always doing something.

Whenever Lindorindel has to be away from Teldrassil, Mablung is a strong reminder of home. They both yearn for the lush forests of their native land, and help each other in their voluntary exile. I am not a fan of cats for Lindy, and got rid of many of them on her during her existence, but Mablung has remained by her side from the very beginning.

I have always loved how Mozag and Death sort of mirror each other in looks, with their red eyes, their blue manes and lighter skin. It was a cat I had never even imagined for Mozag, as white is really not her theme. But maybe it's because of her Ice Troll heritage that she found herself drawn to this cat. Death is not a kind creature, she isn't tender or loving, she isn't friendly or particulary loyal. Moz will often compare her cold disdain to the loyalty of her previous cat, but she respects the independence of the creature and allows her the right of freedom. For now Death has stayed around, but we shall see what happens when a new cat joins the family in MoP...
Last edited by Mozag on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blackavar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Blackavar »

I too have become a crazy cat lady :P

Quite a family too... First is Ohanzee (The shadow)

Humar The pride lord was my dream 8-) , I had heard of the famous cat and always seen him in major cities but never at my side. Looking him up, at the time he was lvl 23 and I was 26. Hooo buy the journey began. Unable to contain my excitement I decided to head out as soon as possible...Just had to walk, allll the way from eastern kingdoms to get there. I had never left the continent before and the journey seemed daunting at the time, but that didn't stop me :lol: .

after having my dream pet, hes never left my side, we've gone through Vanilla,BC,WotLK,Cata, and soon to be Mists together.
Defying Gravity!
Defying Gravity!
WoWScrnShot_052412_190103.jpg (150.83 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
but it didn't stop there!
apparently met a lady friend during Cata while I was logged out :oops: because not long after, we recieved a special surprise...
WoWScrnShot_042112_202514.jpg
WoWScrnShot_042112_202514.jpg (160.82 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
And so Desdemona was welcomed into the family along with her lil brother Anduril.

Now all 3 of us are a force to be reckoned with :headbang:

Ty Thorka for the amazing Sig and Avatar!

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I've run with several cats throughout the years, and I admit to a great affection for Humar. I tame him on every Hunter I level as a right of passage. I leveled him on Kalhoun (when Kal was a female Orc named Ragabash) back in BC from 23 all the way to 70 just from farming mobs. His name was Blackjack, and he went everywhere with Rags. He was there when I started raiding, and helped kill many a BC boss.

I don't have many screenshots of Blackjack that survived the numerous computer changes I've had over the years, but I'll always remember him. I still visit Humar under his tree from time to time.

Years later, human Hunters happened, and the long-retired Ragabash turned into Kalhoun. I still had Blackjack, but Kal just wasn't bonding with him. Eventually I made the hard decision to let him go, and went without a cat for a while. Then I saw screenshot of Sambas, and instantly fell in love. Yes, he's silly looking, but I think that makes me love him even more.

The night Kalhoun hit 85, I went immediately to the first of Sambas's spawn points, and within a few seconds he spawned right under me. I was so excited and scared as I made the tame - it was still peak hours and I was not alone in the zone. As soon as he dinged as tamed, another Hunter landed right in front of me. WHEW!

Here he is, freshly tamed. His name was Caliber for a while, but eventually I settled on the name Hooligan. Kal and Hooligan are like peas and carrots. I imagine they have the sort of relationship where Hooli noms on Kal's head.

Here they are, pretending Kal is an Orc again...

More picture spam!

He matches the lion on the Alliance bike!

Dressing up as an Alliance soldier!

I expect Hooligan to be by Kalhoun's side as he explores Pandaria.
Rosalie
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Rosalie »

The cats have been my favorite pets in the game since before I really played a hunter. With this hunter I just couldn't decide which cat I liked best. I think this tiger is the best fit but I'm really excited for the new pandaria tiger skins and I'll quickly switch over to the orange one.

Rosalie and Connor.
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

I've been utterly infatuated with Savage, and now that MoP's released in the UK...

STILL SHAKING. HURGGGHHH.

Got him 20 minutes after servers went on. Managed to beat the four other hunters after him! They luckily didn't know to follow the trail backwards. I love him to itty pieces! :lol:

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

My first pet love.. cannot find the words to describe how much Müsli means to me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

She is everything to me and would out hessitation the one pet i would choose over all else.

She started as a lonely cub which i rescued (picture found on google picture search :))

grew up as a teenager and was with me in many dungeons

and now as a full grown saber she is still my main pet and I´m currently exploring Pandarian with her

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Daphine finally got a cat with the arrival of MoP.

Oddly enough, the green tiger skin was right down there with the plain orange skin as "Tiger I like the least". I had instantly fallen in love with the brown skin, and he was one of my first MoP tames. Khayal was a great cat... But he was just a great cat because he was pretty. I ended up doing some Nesingwary-prompted tiger hunting with Khayal at my side, and as I stared at the great green tigers, I was suddenly struck with the overwhelming urge to tame one and name it "Clover". So I did. Khayal ran free, and Clover took his spot as my cat. It was instant- she fit so much better than Khayal, even though the brown matched my character much better than the mad greens and yellows of Clover's hide. She's perfect.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I have a feeling that nice neon cat will look perfect with Nani. xD She actually does look pretty good with Daphine too. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

The neon cat are sooo nice :D Probally gonna be on abricot :) i like it alot more then i thought i would

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Adulara
Realm: EU- Aman´thul

Unread post by Adulara »

Hey there :)

i have to join this Thread. Cats are by far my fav Hunter Pets :)..i always have one Cat with me...
And by looking through the Topic here, i just saw some great Cats i dont have. I guess i´ll go taming some Catsnow :) hehe
Well, there are only a few Pets i kinda have a "Bond" with....and who are always with me.
And i do have quiet a few in my Stable....

Here are some of my Fav Cat´s

#1 - My Friend...my Guardian...my Heart....Aslan ( Sambas )
Tamed recently... was quiet a challenge cause i searched for him for quiet a While/Time...
He has such a big Heart, is always gentle when he is around me...and he would die for me !
Whenever there is danger, Aslan is there to protect and help me :) By far my Fav out of all Cats :)
To him , i immediatly had a strong Bond...i dont know why...but we had a special Connection right from the Beginning :)

#2 - Anju ( Loque'nahak )
what can i say.... an absolutly amazing Pet, so pretty and unique. Im very happy that i was lucky enough to get him :)

#3 - Magria
She is so pretty. It was quiet hard to get her. Whenever i saw a Spiritbeast at the Hyal, it always has been Ankha.
Ive been quiet frustrated at that time, cause i only had had seen Ankha several times. Decided to go to Hyal and to look out for Magria again. Waited maybe 5 Minutes and she spawned right in front of me. :) Gondria and Ankha are also very pretty, but out of these 3, Magria is my Fav :)

#4 - Savage
defenetly one of my fav Tigers. He is so pretty and very loyal :)

i´ll add more soon :) there are a few more who deserve to be shown :)
Last edited by Adulara on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Just a couple of my cats that don't get out much:

biscitandchina
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: winterhoof

Unread post by biscitandchina »

First is Sounga, Rhyela's other kitty. After I had released Tetsusaiga back in Wrath and was missing my kitty companion, I tried taming different kitties to try to find the same bond with another one. The only one that came close was a black panther from STV named Nemaeus (named tweaked from the Nemean lion). I loved the color, but the model just doesn't do anything for me, so I let him go.
Maybe as Inuyasha is half dog demon a dog/wolf/fox pet may work?
As for Cats...I have more cats then wolves...I really like the pet family and when I see a nice cat to go with biscit...
stable space empty's. One of my VERY favorite though is Pumpkin my winna's kitten pet. I tamed her before I killed her and somehow no matter how cruel...I found it kinda funny that winna Responded to my cat and not me.