Poppy - My Guardian Angel ♥

Relate your epic tames and show off your pets.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Poppy - My Guardian Angel ♥

Unread post by Snowy »

Since CRZ, some realms find it very difficult to find rares once again. Especially mine! There seems to be rare hunters everywhere these days and thanks to the cross realm zones, I've struggled really hard to find that one pet I wanted most... Gondria. For three weeks it was on and off camping, logging out in Zul'Drak, logging in in Zul'Drak, checking at least twice a day. And finally, this morning... I found her. Before I even got her I knew what I wanted her name to be...

Just less than two years ago, one of my best friends vanished and never came back. She was my cat, Poppy. She was an indoor cat but my mother insisted that the cats go out on an evening, so as per, I let all three of them out for the night. In the morning, Blossom and Ruby returned. But Poppy never did. For days I went and shouted her name in the street, praying that she was only stuck in a garage and she would come home soon. Ruby would come and sit by me while I shouted her and she looked and tried to help. But she's gone. I don't know what happened to her and part of me doesn't even want to know. I miss her a lot. I have a framed picture of her up above my desk at my mum's house (Since I'm currently staying in accommodation at uni and they don't like nails in the walls, urg...) and I can't wait to move into my own place so I can have her framed on the wall again. And I thought the least I could do, as a hunter, was to have a pet named after her. Gondria seemed perfect.

I still pray that one day Poppy might return. No matter what anyone has said, I still have hope. I miss you, my angel. ♥

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Poppy - My Guardian Angel ♥

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm happy to see that you've finally gotten Gondria at last, and the story behind her name is one I'm all too familiar with. When I lived back home with my parents, we had a bunch of outside cats, and whenever one would disappear, it was always a painful blow to me. I'm glad that you're not giving up hope about Poppy returning someday, since things like this have happened, after all. I'm certain that, wherever she is, she's smiling at the wonderful tribute you gave her.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm glad Gondria is at your side. As for Poppy.....I'm so sorry. All I can say is...hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Littlemyuu
Realm: Al'akir

Unread post by Littlemyuu »

Aww, I'm really happy you got Gondria. I hope you will ever find Poppy again, I know the feeling so well.
With this beutiful spirit by your side you can do anything!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh dear Poppy I hope she is safe and you see her again...I named one of my alt hunter pets after my family cat that passed, Minnie will always be with me in one way or another <3

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Icesilvaros
Realm: Frostwolf

Unread post by Icesilvaros »

Glad to hear you got your long awaited tame. I too know the loss of an outdoor cat, I lost my chopsticks when I was 13. It's been 14 years now and to this day I still hope to see her again. I hope your poppy returns home, I saw a story the other day that a woman found her lost cat after 9 years. So there is hope. <3
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Wow, everyone's commenting on this two months after I posted it. :P Even so, thank you everyone, I appreciate the kind words. ♥

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I talked about this on the happy thread, but I felt the need to post it again here.

Today, a vet contacted my mother via Facebook, it was a complete coincidence that she'd seen her name. Poppy is alive. Someone had found her, taken her in and when at the vet, she'd scanned her for a micro-chip. She found my mother's name on it but our old address, so she couldn't get into contact with us. But she had seen my mother's name on Facebook... and now I know where my cat is. For two years she's been no more than a ten minute drive from our house.

I can't begin to explain how happy I am. I don't know if this lady will let us have her back now that she's been adopted, but for now I'm just so, so happy she's alive and well.

PS. In my grandmother's face who kept trying to convince me I'd never see her again. Fuck you, seriously, old bat. I *never* gave up hope. Not even for a second. And look where it got me! I knew I'd see her again one day. And no, I haven't seen her yet, but it'd be rude of the woman who's looking after her right now to deny me of even seeing her once more. I really hope we can get her back, though it might be hard for my mum since we have three cats now, four including Poppy. Also... the woman who took her in called her Nancy... WTF. -____-

Keely43
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Keely43 »

Is your cat ok? Any updates? And who is that crazy bastard old lady who tells you to give up?! That woman should bring it back to her rightful owner >:( Nancy is not a cool name,anyway.... best of luck and I hope you get your kitty back! Gratz on Gondria,btw..
Siggy and Avatar under CoNsTrUcTiOn!!

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME! Just keep waiting.